Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_98)
    I am an EU student and really wanted to go to Cambridge so I didn't mind being in any college (even if it would be the most distant, female only etc), since I think it doesn't make such a difference academically as all the lectures are with the same professors. (Maybe a small difference in terms of supervisions but it isn't of such importance)
    I applied directly at homerton since i really liked the DoS in my course and got an offer from them about an hour ago. The place is really beautiful, has big gardens where you can walk on, and (most) rooms are en-suite and modern ! The corridors had vending machines and elevators (bit of a useless info). The food was also great! The library is amazing with lots of study spaces!! When i was there for the interview it was a 10 minutes walk to reach the college from the train station, 5-7 minutes to go from the college to the centre by bus (for about 2 pounds) or 25 min. on foot. (I guess you'll need a bike for everyday which shouldn't be more than 10 min). There is a nandos near, a supermarket, a cinema and a sports centre.
    It really is an amazing college and the students are very friendly. I'm sure you're gonna love it if you end up there!
    Congrats! It's just round the corner from my daughter's school.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincrows)
    Should change you username.
    Congrats!
    ffs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forecast)
    I've just received an offer for Physical NatSci on my gap year. I applied for CompSci last year and was rejected, so you could say I'm sort of half-reapplying?

I got 4 A*s (Maths, FM, Physics, Chemistry) in my A-levels in the summer with no re-takes at all so I'm not really doing much academic work this year and I'm not planning on taking any exams this year. My personal statement has about three lines (if that) dedicated to my gap year plans, so I don't think they care too much about that as long as you haven't forgotten everything at interview. As for what I'm actually doing, well, I work in retail, do quite a bit of volunteering and am going to start doing some maths tutoring (A2 and GCSE) next week.
    What college did you apply to? Did they reject you post interview, pre interview, or after you failed to reach their offer? What was your on paper application like last year? I had 4 A's at AS and did okay at my interviews I think, still got rejected

(Original post by alow)
    I told them I was doing FM and had a job for the year (yay retail). Yeah I'm a Phys NatSci. Doing chemistry now.

That sounds easy enough. Getting close to 400/400 on FP1, S1, S2 and D1 should be easy enough if you practice. Then it's just about 80 for the other two.

Nah I ****ed up M3.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fablereader)
    Congrats about the offer! I've seen elsewhere on this thread that apparently you'll get more info later.
    Thank you !

ReputationRep:
    Offer for MML Spanish & German at Corpus ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trythis)
    I got an offer hell yeah
    Congratsulations!

ReputationRep:
    Do we know how long it takes for track to update ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    ffs
    Yet again.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fablereader)
    :laugh:

'Dr. CarpeNoctem, please stop obsessively staring at the patient!'

'I'm waiting to see if he get's better!'

'He won't talk when you're in the room!'
    Oh dear, Cambridge have made a mistake with me - I'm going to scare off all the patients too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joemfm)
    Omg omg omg. Got an offer from Robinson in the mail for hsps. A*AA
    Congrats!

ReputationRep:
    The moment has come..........

Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show

*likes Memebridge*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joemfm)
    Omg omg omg. Got an offer from Robinson in the mail for hsps. A*AA
    Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sir albert)
    Congrats! It's just round the corner from my daughter's school.
    Has your daughter heard back from Girton?

ReputationRep:
    Pooled from Girton (lol) and not fished.

All the best to those still waiting for a reply!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blazing11)
    Do we know how long it takes for track to update ?
    Can be tomorrow, can be early next week.
    That something they have to do manually, one by one, so please understand it does take time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markini1375)
    Lurker here!
    I got an offer for English at Churchill yayy!
    Congrats!

ReputationRep:
    rejected from st johns for English. ah well, at least I got my unconditional from Birmingham lol, enjoy Cambridge everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daniilS)
    The moment has come..........

Spoiler:
    Show

I thought there was gonna be a yeahhh boii hiding in those spoilers lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgia221)
    Thanks so much! I'm really excited now!! xx
    That's good to hear! I think some people feel a bit disappointed when they get pooled to a mature college, but the age difference between an 18 year old and a 21 is quite significant, and after I started I found that I would get on much better with someone 29 than 18, so I am really happy that I ended up here. My friend at Oxford (turned 21 just after she started) found it quite hard to make friends at her standard-age college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pclhy)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhZfVWBUfpo

for those who know chinese, this song perfectly describes my relationship with cambridge going through my feelings from application, interview to rejection

one day i will get in, even if as a postgrad
    Bless you keep going and you'll get there

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.