The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jneill
Ah! very good!

But still #GetsPopcorn :smile:

Have to look in cupboard to see if I have any popcorn as stuck indoors with sore ribs from tripping over P.E. Equipment when teaching my class. Not sure what hurt most stinging ribs and knee or half kids laughing at me!!!! THe other half did tell them off and told them it wasn't funny and I think it probably was funny watching their middle aged teacher take a tumble!
Original post by Steliata
Ah we're all coming out the woodwork! Congrats, fingers crossed I'll join you doing Japanese at Selwyn :wink:

...Stella- is that you? :biggrin: I'm Zoe from the AMES chat ^^
Original post by daniilS
offEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Congrats!! :smile:
Original post by rissanicole14
Ahhh I'm glad to hear that! :smile:

Yeah, I was rejected unfortunately. I couldn't sleep last night but that's about it, it hasn't hit me too hard. (yet)

That's a shame, but I'm sure that whatever uni you end up at will be brilliant :smile:
Original post by Student1256
What college did you apply to? Did they reject you post interview, pre interview, or after you failed to reach their offer? What was your on paper application like last year? I had 4 A's at AS and did okay at my interviews I think, still got rejected :frown:

Applied to Queens'. Had a very similar grade profile in both years (4 As with over 90% in most modules), but I get the impression that UMS/paper application is of less importance in CompSci because each college admits far fewer students compared to NatSci and over 50% of the applicants don't have AS-levels. I performed poorly in the CSAT, had one ok/good interview and one poor interview. I was pooled (probably auto-pool since my UMS average was over 93%) but not fished.
Rejection, damn. Now I won't get to unironically like Memebridge
Original post by G_8
Got an offer to study medicine at Downing!! I can't believe that this is happening - it's so surreal!!

Congratulations!
Got an offer from selwyn to study maths!:smile: A*A*A 1,1 in step 2&3 (yikes)
Original post by georgia221
Hey guys, have been lurking on this thread for a while but was too shy to post! Just got an offer from Hughes Hall (fished from the pool) to do English - which I'm really happy about!! But worried as it's a mature college if there'll be anyone else my age? (I'm turning 21 in September) If anyone knows much about the college any info will be appreciated!
Thanks ! <3 <3

Congrats about the offer! :smile:
Original post by fablereader
Congrats!! :smile:

Thanks!
Original post by Tintin501
Daughter got an offer via email from Homerton around 9.40 this morning (for Ed/Psychology)!

Give her my congratulations!
Original post by daniilS
offEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Congratulations!!
Oh @liziepie didn't say this earlier but CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by Student9821
Been lurking in these forums for awhile without posting, but I'm over the moon right now with my offer to be a trinmo (Maths at Trinity college)! :biggrin:

Congratulations! :smile:
Original post by Sycatonne23
Offer at St Catz for History just made its way through the post!

Original post by Christie_xx
Congratulations!!

Thank you ^-^
Reply 3436
It's raining, and the postman hasn't bothered to deliver anything to anyone on the street. Of course it has to be today that this happens
Original post by Forecast
I've just received an offer for Physical NatSci on my gap year. I applied for CompSci last year and was rejected, so you could say I'm sort of half-reapplying?

I got 4 A*s (Maths, FM, Physics, Chemistry) in my A-levels in the summer with no re-takes at all so I'm not really doing much academic work this year and I'm not planning on taking any exams this year. My personal statement has about three lines (if that) dedicated to my gap year plans, so I don't think they care too much about that as long as you haven't forgotten everything at interview. As for what I'm actually doing, well, I work in retail, do quite a bit of volunteering and am going to start doing some maths tutoring (A2 and GCSE) next week.

Congrats to everyone that has offers!! Out of curiosity, did people receive all forms and T&Cs with their decision letter? I did and it says something about us writing to the college to confirm our decision about the offer. Does anyone know when this has to be done by?
Original post by make15
Got an offer for Land Economy at Girton (I know, I'm a living meme) :biggrin:

My offer is unconditional because I have already completed my A-levels (Economics A*, Geography A*, Maths A)

I'm so happy rn!

Congrats! :smile: