Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i still havent heard from pembroke as an EU student. is this normal??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by btea)
    Thank you so much!! First person from my family to go to university and first from my school to go to Oxbridge!! Best of luck if you're an applicant X
    Prego. Unfortunately, I've been rejected ... (from Oxford, though.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    She was Newnham its good news for her
    Oops I knew it was one of the girly ones! Yass
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peaches1998)
    Just found out I was pooled to Murray Edwards! I don't really know anything about it. What are people's opinions on it?
    Great! But then I would say that wouldn't I? Many congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluewanderess)
    I got an offer from Newnham for Psychology! Although looking at everyone else's I feel very undeserving. I got AABB at AS, the highest UMS was in psychology and it was only 89%, so I really don't know, they must have liked me! Just wanted to share that for future applicants who don't think they're good enough, I didn't! You never know until you apply. Go for it!
    Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by margarete.b)
    I just hate the thought of having to go through the whole waiting process again tomorrow
    I'm probably gonna call up later today if nothing happens

That or its gonna be a sleepless night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domaths)
    Ah yes didn't know the proper way to explain it !!
    lol doesn't matter now. You're in!
    You'll have a chance of learning much weirder Cambridge lingo when you get there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruthie2267)
    Get it right you only need to pick out of two but yes it's good news!! (I can't tag but shoutout to alycia for answering for me when I don't see messages 😂)

Can I be second member of said society pretty please?
    I so sorry you're one of the co-founders fam!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CallumS9999)
    I still haven't heard mate😭 Can't be good lol
    Has the post come yet? You've got another half an hour for an offer yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Replusz)
    i still havent heard from pembroke as an EU student. is this normal??
    ahhh i'm in the same position and starting to worry lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edanski)
    You can still visit Emma if you let me visit Magdalene ;D that same thing happened to my friend from the summer school who went for NatSci
    Ofc mate, we can trade ducks as Magdalene has lots of ducks too xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by solC)
    Ah right, I guess i'll wait till 5 and then decide what to do after that

Thanks
    Np

ReputationRep:
    Argh still silence from Robinson (email)....
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I'm just imagining you two picking up ducks and trading them like year 5s with Pokémon cards in a playground

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel58)
    I'm just glad I'm going to get my life back. I've had so many problems from doing so much work and now I don't have to. I don't have to get an A*. I won't have to write an essay every week. I can get off the treadmill of life for a while.
    Well I hope you just cope well. I wasn't coping that well as i had convinced myself Cambridge was the only place for me and I still believe in that it's just my frustration has turned into determination. Don't fall off too much though, keep working hard

ReputationRep:
    We'll start an annual ratemyduck competition between Emma and Magdalene
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glimmers)
    i've been given an open offer (with Girton as my underwritten college if no one takes me from the summer pool). does anyone know which colleges typically fish students from the summer pool - i.e. the ones that normally take the most pooled students in the winter pool? or is it just random?

jneill do you have any experience w this?

thanks
    Congratulations on your offer!

The Open Offers scheme has been run in Medicine and Vet Med in the past but is being expanded to more subjects this year. Almost every College has candidates who miss their offer so if you meet yours you will be very sought after in the Summer Pool and could well end up anywhere. In most subjects (i.e. not maths) the Summer Pool involves such small numbers and is so dependent on the vagueries of the exam system (e.g. if A level English tripped up a lot of people then more arts and humanities subjects will be fishing) that there is a lot of variation and past years will be a poor guide to the future. Don't worry about Colleges, just do your best to meet or exceed your offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    I'm just imagining you two picking up ducks and trading them like year 5s with Pokémon cards in a playground
    That has probably been one of the best images of the day. :laugh:

Edit: and it just keeps on getting better ... ratemyduck competition!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SM-)
    I haven't got a letter (but got email with offer), if it doesn't come tomorrow what should I do?
    as long as you've got email, that's fine.
    Just wait patiently for the letter to follow. It will come eventually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bbglop)
    What!!! How?!!? WHY!?! :eek:

Y U DO DIS TO ME ST JOHN'S????

Spoiler:
    Show

Thanks for making my next five months even more terrifying....now I genuinely have to worry about my exams in May :cry:

YES BROOO!!!!!!!! We'll see each other on Oct oamshjsbsksbsiakna

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.