The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys!
I have just called PEMBROKE college and they said that their system keeps crashing.
so IF YOU DIDNT GET EMAIL FROM PEMBROKE, you will either get it in 40 minutes OR fiorst thing tomorrow morning.
hth :smile:
Original post by Student1256
Has it ever happened that a college wrongly told someone their application was unsuccessful and later contacted them clearing the mistake? :biggrin:

Something a little more complicated happened last year.
A candidate was rejected by the college without being pooled but his UMS was high enough to qualify for auto-pooling. He contacted the college to ask why, and they found they made an error. He got an offer in the end.
Original post by IcedArizona
Hey, haven't been around for today? Are there any tech difficulties at Caius explaining why I have no answer yet (international student). :frown:

The brightest boy in the school got rejected for Natsci from Churchill lol not much hope in there for me

At this point I guess you could phone them maybe?
Hey, haven't been around for today? Are there any tech difficulties at Caius explaining why I have no answer yet (international student). :frown:

The brightest boy in the school got rejected for Natsci from Churchill lol not much hope in there for me

Firstly, check your spam/junk folders. Secondly, if you still haven't heard by noon GMT tomorrow then I think it's fair for you (as an international) to call.
Original post by jenoverboard
hahaha I see now. Rejection yesterday? Sorry to hear :frown: What's the plan now?

Thanks. Plan's to wait for other offers to come in, see if I like those unis enough and then consider further.
Original post by Student1256
Im not relying on this shred of a chance though and neither should you xD

Nah, me neither. I saw that my course was ranked higher than Oxford or Cambridge in the Sunday Times Good University Guide for 2016, which has raised my mood a lot (along with binge/stress-eating). xD
Original post by Cryptographic
Got pooled and then rejected for Land Econ. A bit disappointed, but looking forward to going to Bath.

Sorry to hear. :frown: But I once went to Bath (the city, not the uni), and it's a nice place. (As a Classicist, I went to see, well, the Roman baths, along with some visiting family.)
Original post by jneill
Firstly, check your spam/junk folders. Secondly, if you still haven't heard by noon GMT tomorrow then I think it's fair for you (as an international) to call.

Yeah spam folder checked thousands of times.. :frown: Ugh i'm really sad cause I know the outcome but I want a closure..
Original post by daniilS
Oh @liziepie didn't say this earlier but CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS MAN you as well!!!!!!!!!! Knew you would! The natsci squad grows...
Please DO NOT call your college today!

Let them get on with their jobs of sending emails to you.
Original post by liziepie
THANKS MAN you as well!!!!!!!!!! Knew you would! The natsci squad grows...

Thanks!!!
Could I have been pooled to Pembroke?? Only college where email system doesn't seem to work..
Lol probably not
anyways i'm gonna continue dying bye and congrats everyone!!
Original post by auburnstar
Nah, me neither. I saw that my course was ranked higher than Oxford or Cambridge in the Sunday Times Good University Guide for 2016, which has raised my mood a lot (along with binge/stress-eating). xD

Hope you feel fully OK soon!
Hi,
I applied to Girton, and still haven't heard anything via letter or by email, any ideas on what to do, shall I wait until tomorrow to make any enquiries? I'm in the UK for reference.
Original post by daniilS
Thanks!!!

Anwww guys i'd like to join you but oh well I'll see
Original post by solC
Oops, maybe I did, apologies:tongue:

Thanks!

yes you did. I re-checked your post before I replied. :wink:
So,..... actually you haven't ? Or have???
Good luck tomorrow anyway.
Original post by jneill
Please DO NOT call your college today!

Let them get on with their jobs of sending emails to you.

when would be an appropriate time to contact the college about a non urgent matter? next week? Never did call them about the whole fee status mishap.
Anwww guys i'd like to join you but oh well I'll see

Considering it's almost half past five there and it helped for Pembroke, I'd call them to find out whether they're having issues too (then you can join :wink:)

EDIT: jneill said not to so idk
I got an offer for Chemical Engineering via engineering
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Just to be clear if you're fished for reinterview and don't get a place, your admissions hopes are finished? No open offers no more reinterviews no more pools nothing?

@Murray Edwards Admissions @jneill @vincrows

Yes. (I'm sure you asked this before :wink: )

Well, hold on. Maybe the open offer thing... (a very long shot)

Latest