Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Guys - applied to St. John's for MML (John's are only sending out emails) and still haven't heard. Does this mean anything/should I contact them at some point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcedArizona)
    Hey, haven't been around for today? Are there any tech difficulties at Caius explaining why I have no answer yet (international student).

The brightest boy in the school got rejected for Natsci from Churchill lol not much hope in there for me
    Same here, international student and no news from Caius. I think it says in the FAQ thread that we should wait until the 16 before contacting them, so I guess I'll do that-

That's at least another night with no sleep though :\
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liziepie)
    when would be an appropriate time to contact the college about a non urgent matter? next week? Never did call them about the whole fee status mishap.
    Yes - that would be sensible.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Yes. (I'm sure you asked this before )

Well, hold on. Maybe the open offer thing... (a very long shot)
    Think I did but you know I like asking things twice :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincrows)
    yes you did. I re-checked your post before I replied.
    So,..... actually you haven't ? Or have???
    Good luck tomorrow anyway.
    Oh wow I'm so confused I didn't even notice lol
    I haven't received an email or a letter today
    Thanks again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daniilS)
    Considering it's almost half past five there and it helped for Pembroke, I'd call them to find out whether they're having issues too (then you can join )

EDIT: jneill said not to so idk
    What do you mean helped for pembroke?

edit: not calling, dont want to bother them

ReputationRep:
    Murray Edwards Admissions Has it ever happened that a student got an email saying their application was unsuccesful but their UCAS account said something else or the college contacted them later saying it was a mistake?

ReputationRep:
    Considering it's almost half past five there and it helped for Pembroke, I'd call them to find out whether they're having issues too (then you can join )

are you for pembroke? if yes, what subject? you said hongkong, right?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, haven't been around for today? Are there any tech difficulties at Caius explaining why I have no answer yet (international student).

The brightest boy in the school got rejected for Natsci from Churchill lol not much hope in there for me
    I haven't heard anything from Caius yet either so they might be having email problems too I guess.. (Applied from France so I guess that counts as international for emails)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fablereader)
    Thanks. Plan's to wait for other offers to come in, see if I like those unis enough and then consider further.
    very sensible good luck!!
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:

If one person thinks to call then what's to stop everyone from calling and bringing the place grinding to a halt... honestly best to wait.

It, er, is what it is.

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean helped for pembroke?

edit: not calling, dont want to bother them
    Someone called them and they confirmed that they are having technical issues with their email and might only send the email tomorrow morning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by solC)
    Oh wow I'm so confused I didn't even notice lol
    I haven't received an email or a letter today
    Thanks again
    Right, OK.
    Please accept my official good luck for tomorrow, then.

ReputationRep:
    whos of you guys is waiting for Pembroke to email them?
    If yes, what country and what subject?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an_atheist)
    I got an offer for Chemical Engineering via engineering
    Congrats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenoverboard)
    very sensible good luck!!
    Thanks! You too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Replusz)
    are you for pembroke? if yes, what subject? you said hongkong, right?
    I am from the Netherlands and will be going to Emmanuel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruthie2267)
    Hi!!!! Congratulations to you too! Yeah ikr I got mine at like 10 but didn't check my emails until lunch

Yeah i did - I was under the impression that we were only getting letters until last night when someone from Newnham said that they'd got an email when they applied!

Are you going to the visit day?
    It's likely that I'll attend, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Someone called them and they confirmed that they are having technical issues with their email and might only send the email tomorrow morning
    Me and someone else called

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    2 letters? Oooh.... exciting
    Exciting to receive but not to open. Both rejections and looking forward to other offers. Good luck everyone whether offer or not. A*A*A*A predictions for both. Parts of AA and parts of interview were tough but ok. Stiff competition I guess. Proud my son got this far as my last child and only one going to uni out of them all.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.