Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by Xiuchen)
    Jealous of ya, wish I was back in Asia sometimes, and sorry about not getting in, but you'll do fine in life anyways!!! Whether you get in oxbridge or not doesn't determine whether you'll be successful at all!
    :rofl: hahaha I feel like I'll miss the food the most when I go abroad :yep:

It's ok, I'll live! I mean I never expected much from this process anyways it was a good experience. (Dying inside though literally but the sting will pass and will consider reapplying )

ReputationRep:
    All my university fears just came spilling out to my dad. Never realised how scared I was of leaving home until I didn't have the option of short terms.
    Congrats to everyone who got an offer - seems to be a lot of you on here!

ReputationRep:
    fam I just saw that Murray Edwards has an overnight offer holder's event where there will be (and I quote) "fire-roasted marshmallows and herbal tea in the gardens"!!! !! i was pooled to the cutest college ever apparently. brb dying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    :rofl: hahaha I feel like I'll miss the food the most when I go abroad :yep:

It's ok, I'll live! I mean I never expected much from this process anyways it was a good experience. (Dying inside though literally but the sting will pass and will consider reapplying )
    I'm honestly not considering reapplying, because I don't think I'll get along with people younger than me that well, and it'll b weird seeing friends in the year above me lol. Yeah, the sting will pass for sure, don't worry!!! you'll get other offers, and reapply if its right for you!!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Replusz)
    do you think I should wait for a pembroke email or leave it for tomorrow?
    I would just relax.

Edit: Opps wrong person. But yes just relax for now.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Rachel58)
    All my university fears just came spilling out to my dad. Never realised how scared I was of leaving home until I didn't have the option of short terms.
    Congrats to everyone who got an offer - seems to be a lot of you on here!
    :hugs::console:

ReputationRep:
    Turns out I'm a complete idiot...

So recently I moved house, and there was a letter that I saw on the Catz site that I *thought* was for people who will be at a different address for D-Day.

Turns out that the form was for a change of address during the 7th-11th of January

The letter was simply waiting at my old house...

So looks like I have an offer for maths at Catz then

jneill, vincrows Sorry guys

http://www.caths.cam.ac.uk/sites/www...%20address.pdf

ReputationRep:
    Any other Clare Medics??
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

I'm honestly not considering reapplying, because I don't think I'll get along with people younger than me that well, and it'll b weird seeing friends in the year above me lol. Yeah, the sting will pass for sure, don't worry!!! you'll get other offers, and reapply if its right for you!!
    personally I think in Oxbridge, there will be a lot of people who apply later or earlier so I don't think that will be that big of an issue (friends being a year above is true though but I am pretty young for my year group)

Hahaha I am quite lucky because Oxford is the only rejection I received pretty much. I'll definitely consider all options Thank you!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Replusz)
    do you think I should wait for a pembroke email or leave it for tomorrow?
    At this stage I'd wait for tomorrow. They're either not there or still at it and will send it tonight. Either way an email tonight from you isn't going to change things. Sorry!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by solC)

So recently I moved house, and there was a letter that I saw on the Catz site that I *thought* was for people who will be at a different address for D-Day.

Turns out that the form was for a change of address during the 7th-11th of January

Congratulations
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peaches1998)
    fam I just saw that Murray Edwards has an overnight offer holder's event where there will be (and I quote) "fire-roasted marshmallows and herbal tea in the gardens"!!! !! i was pooled to the cutest college ever apparently. brb dying
    FIRE

ROASTED

MARSHMALLOWS

SIGN ME UP

(although i dont like tea so... i will bring a carton of orange juice)

ReputationRep:
    personally I think in Oxbridge, there will be a lot of people who apply later or earlier so I don't think that will be that big of an issue (friends being a year above is true though but I am pretty young for my year group)

Hahaha I am quite lucky because Oxford is the only rejection I received pretty much. I'll definitely consider all options Thank you!

No problem!! )) Keep your options open, and do what you want!

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone receive an email from Caius? They were pretty clear on their website about sending emails to international students today.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

No problem!! )) Keep your options open, and do what you want!
    That I will do, good luck! hope you receive you response soon

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations
    Thank you
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by solC)

ReputationRep:
    That I will do, good luck! hope you receive you response soon
    Thank you!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Meanwhile memebridge:

Name:  15965280_1736074690045298_6200969401823971148_n.png
Views: 50
Size:  252.6 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.