Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by natzky)
    Hey everyone - I've been quietly creeping on this thread for the last few months to stop me going crazy through this whole process so thanks for all the sharing and discussion that's been going on!
    No problem, Congratulations on your offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    it's fitting as well because part of the lyrics says "I am going to get a scholarship to King's College" (I know it is Columbia but still)
    DID SOMEONE SAY HAMILTON?!??!

It's actually sooooooooo good though! 😊 Wish I knew my revision notes as well as I know the words to that soundtrack fml 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Yes, email them and ask them to send it direct to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, I did

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Made a big decision. If I don't get offers from my second or third choices (I obviously hope I do), I'll achieve my predicted grades of A*A*A* and then reapply after a year's break. I could do loads of stuff to strengthen the application. Good idea? Has anyone here reapplied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HolyRomanEmpire)
    Yeah got a letter in the post from them this morning, they didn't send an email.
    I didn't get anything today, guess it'll come tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peaches1998)
    aaaaaaahhhhh
    (scream of delight, I promise)

Do you mind if I ask you what the social life is like at ME? Is the relative distance from the centre of town noticeable?
    *If anyone has been pooled to Medwards and is worried read this*

Social life: the only thing about an all-girls college is that people tend to go elsewhere for societies so our college ones aren't that active (except the boat club but I'm a fan of sleep tbh), but I think this is also the case at some other colleges. We are quite a small college too which might be part of the issue. We are starting to have more college bops etc and our halloween/christmas formals are really popular. There's a really nice community feel and if you see a Medwards gal in town you'll give her a smile or wave or 'hi'. All of the first years are in the same block (not so at all colleges) which is great as you don't need to even leave the building to go for late-night tea and a chat in someone's room (or pres if that's what floats your boat).

Distance from centre of town: oddly enough the people who tend to think Medwards/the hill colleges/Girton are far away are those who haven't actually visited. We're a 10 minute walk from the top of the town centre (it's quite a long, thin centre) or 3-10 minutes on a bike (depending on how recklessly you freewheel down Castle Hill (very, in my case) and whether you have to wait at the traffic lights). My personal record for Medwards to the Chemistry department is 8 minutes (2ish miles) but I do have a natsci friend who walks everywhere (takes 25mins to walk to Chemistry and apparently 20 to walk to Sidgewick according to my college wife). We're also really close to ALDI!!!! (Which means closer proximity to a cheaper supermarket than Sainsburys, although Tesco Extra is also only 10 minutes on a bike). Being on the hill also means you don't have to battle your way through hoards of tourists on your way in, the porters don't care who comes in (my boyfriend is literally part of the furniture on our corridor now) and in second and third year you're either on site or just over the other side of the road. So basically, having a bike makes everything a bit faster but it's not necessary (like it is at Girton, I have a friend there and she says everyone cycles).

Edit: you're also a lot closer to West Cambridge if you're a natsci/compsci/vet and mathmos are like 2 mins walk away from the maths department

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by solC)
    Turns out I'm a complete idiot...

So recently I moved house, and there was a letter that I saw on the Catz site that I *thought* was for people who will be at a different address for D-Day.

Turns out that the form was for a change of address during the 7th-11th of January

The letter was simply waiting at my old house...

So looks like I have an offer for maths at Catz then

jneill, vincrows Sorry guys

http://www.caths.cam.ac.uk/sites/www...%20address.pdf
    .....and he lived at the new address happily ever after.
    Congrats on the offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh the Byrony!)
    Made a big decision. If I don't get offers from my second or third choices (I obviously hope I do), I'll achieve my predicted grades of A*A*A* and then reapply after a year's break. I could do loads of stuff to strengthen the application. Good idea? Has anyone here reapplied?
    I plan to do the same and I'm curious of the prospects too: has anyone reapplied?? With what result?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GrétaPanna)
    I plan to do the same and I'm curious of the prospects too: has anyone reapplied?? With what result?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Reapplied (to different college) and got an offer (natsci)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Replusz)
    did you get that email now?
    are you fronm outside UK?
    yes i got an email and i'm from an EU country

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincrows)
    .....and he lived at the new address happily ever after.
    Congrats on the offer!
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by {Jane})
    I got an offer for English at Newnham! It came in at 11am but my day's been so busy and exciting I've only just come online (and attempted to scroll and catch up with everyone's outcomes!)

Ruthie2267 Chedda I saw you guys both got offers from Newnham too (Hi! And CONGRATULATIONS!) Will you be going to the offer holder day?
    Congrats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeverLucky)
    Now I'm not sure what to do with my American applications...I've got a Princeton interview lined up and I'm pretty sure Stanford are gonna invite me to one hahaha

Oh, and Trump Uni ofc
    All you need for Trump Uni is a lot of cash and the propensity to waste it.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, friend of mine applied to St Catherine's for English and still has heard back nothing! No email, no letter. Nothing.
    Is it normal for Cambridge not to contact you on the given day?
    Congrats to everyone who got an offer!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leeboy123)
    So excited got an offer to St. Catharines to study music. Just need to get the grades now
    Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lmarrable)
    No offer- Pembroke, Medicine
    Heard via email
    Sorry to hear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pamplemousse.)
    Another Newnham offer holder! Hello! I'm hoping to go to the offer holder day
    There seems to be a few of us which is nice! Ahh great, what subject?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Delighted to have received an offer of A*AA for Cambridge.

Still probably going to reject it though as I prefer Durham. Although a lot of that preference is taken up at the thought of seeing CheeseIsVeg in Durham. Where are you up to Cheese?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kishette)
    Guys, friend of mine applied to St Catherine's for English and still has heard back nothing! No email, no letter. Nothing.
    Is it normal for Cambridge not to contact you on the given day?
    Congrats to everyone who got an offer!!
    There's a few colleges having difficulties. Mine is one of them!

They will get to you tomorrow. Letter not arriving is fault of the postal service.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Gold-Confetti)
    DID SOMEONE SAY HAMILTON?!??!

It's actually sooooooooo good though! 😊 Wish I knew my revision notes as well as I know the words to that soundtrack fml 😂
    I love Hamilton so much

Same 😂😂 favourite song from Hamilton? Mine has to be My Shot :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.