Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pamplemousse.)
    Imposter syndrome setting in, anyone?

I'm a bit worried I'll embarrass myself in front of everyone and/or not be able to pass the degree
    Oh meee ! A thousand times me 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student1256)
    Is CAO different from the college's admissions office? How so?
    Central Admissions Office. They are a University department and provide admissions administration and research services for the colleges (amongst other things). They are the intermidiary between the 29 undergrad colleges and UCAS.

http://www.cao.cam.ac.uk
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Murray Edwards Admissions)
    Possibly. The key thing is that track will update eventually. From our point of view, UCAS is a formality, our letter to you is our commitment to you.
    Noted. I'll downgrade the possibly to *might*
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daniilS)
    There's too many threads to follow
    Yup... it's always a challenge at this time of year. But shouldn't be beyond the skillz of a Cambridge Offer Holder

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Central Admissions Office. They are a University department and provide admissions administration and research services for the colleges (amongst other things). They are the intermidiary between the 29 undergrad colleges and UCAS.

LOl
    How many snaps have we done last couple of days?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:

That's right - they also co-ordinate University-wide admissions and access events such sas the University Open Days, the Summer Schools, HE+, Subjects Days etc.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Morning everyone, hope you're all doing well after yesterday's excitement and emotions.

I had a dream about Monday I'm not as nervous as I was last time, but I really need to find the prep I did in November.

ReputationRep:
    Im applying to Bangor university, but can I still participate in this thread

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I'm an international student applying to Downing for law. I still haven't received an email regarding my decision, is this normal? The website states it should've been yesterday, and this is stressing me out.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timb1999)
    Hi everyone, I'm an international student applying to Downing for law. I still haven't received an email regarding my decision, is this normal? The website states it should've been yesterday, and this is stressing me out.
    Looking at the Decisions Survey*:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=885821945
    ...there are a few Downing responses already.

I suggest waiting a bit until lunchtime (GMT) and then emailing Downing if you still haven't heard.

*This is not official or in anyway connected to Cambridge

Edit: updated - there's more from Downing than I first thought.

ReputationRep:
    Yup... it's always a challenge at this time of year. But shouldn't be beyond the skillz of a Cambridge Offer Holder
    Why is there even a need for two threads lol

ReputationRep:
    Looking at the Decisions Survey*:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=885821945
    ...there are a few Downing responses already.

I suggest waiting a bit until lunchtime (GMT) and then emailing Downing if you still haven't heard.

*This is not official or in anyway connected to Cambridge

Edit: updated - there's more from Downing than I first thought.
    Thank you!! I guess I'll just keep waiting, not a nice feeling though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    Morning everyone, hope you're all doing well after yesterday's excitement and emotions.

I had a dream about Monday I'm not as nervous as I was last time, but I really need to find the prep I did in November.
    My advice to you stays the same.

JUST. BE. YOURSELF. that's all you need to do, and you'll be fine.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timb1999)
    Thank you!! I guess I'll just keep waiting, not a nice feeling though!
    Understood! And good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hotshot2102)
    Im applying to Bangor university, but can I still participate in this thread
    Well, I'm a failed Oxford applicant, and they've tolerated my presence so far ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    Yes. Looks like we'll be there together! What day were you interviewed?
    7th December, tried to send you a private message but it says your inbox is full!

ReputationRep:
    I am an international applicant to Jesus College and I still haven't heard anything which is getting a bit worrying, should I try to call the college in a few hours or just wait it out until next Monday?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincrows)
    My advice to you stays the same.

JUST. BE. YOURSELF. that's all you need to do, and you'll be fine.
    Thanks for being so fantastic!

ReputationRep:
    1. I just called Caius and they informed me that (contrary to what their website says) EU applicants have been informed by letter, NOT by email. International non-EU will get email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by margarete.b)
    I am an international applicant to Jesus College and I still haven't heard anything which is getting a bit worrying, should I try to call the college in a few hours or just wait it out until next Monday?
    Same, except I am an international applicant to Downing. Not much we can do. I've emailed Downing but no response so you could try with your college

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.