Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timb1999)
    Same, except I am an international applicant to Downing. Not much we can do. I've emailed Downing but no response so you could try with your college
    I just don't want to annoy them you know? I'm sure they are doing their best but a part of me is starting to wonder if they just skipped over some people by accident?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Italycalling)
    1. I just called Caius and they informed me that (contrary to what their website says) EU applicants have been informed by letter, NOT by email. International non-EU will get email.
    IcedArizona

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Italycalling)
    1. I just called Caius and they informed me that (contrary to what their website says) EU applicants have been informed by letter, NOT by email. International non-EU will get email.
    Murray Edwards Admissions weren't all colleges supposed to email all international applicants?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincrows)
    Something a little more complicated happened last year.
    A candidate was rejected by the college without being pooled but his UMS was high enough to qualify for auto-pooling. He contacted the college to ask why, and they found they made an error. He got an offer in the end.
    What UMS Score do you have to get for auto pooling?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by margarete.b)
    I just don't want to annoy them you know? I'm sure they are doing their best but a part of me is starting to wonder if they just skipped over some people by accident?
    Yes I feel the same! Let me know if you hear anything

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to all o you who got an offer! Anyone else not heard from Gonville & Caius yet? I'm an EU student and haven't received an email yet...

ReputationRep:
    Is today the last round of people receiving offers/rejections?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daniilS)
    Murray Edwards Admissions weren't all colleges supposed to email all international applicants?
    They were. You can refer them to the minutes of the Admissions Forum of 24 April 2015 which stated that: "It was also approved that all non-UK applicants be emailed with confirmation of the outcome of their application on Tuesday 12 January 2016."

The same holds true for 2017.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Murray Edwards Admissions)
    They were. You can refer them to the minutes of the Admissions Forum of 24 April 2015 which stated that: "It was also approved that all non-UK applicants be emailed with confirmation of the outcome of their application on Tuesday 12 January 2016."

The same holds true for 2017.
    Then would technical difficulties be the reason for this not being the case? I'm not entirely sure how to proceed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fablereader)
    Well, I'm a failed Oxford applicant, and they've tolerated my presence so far ...
    Hmmm...debatable...

ReputationRep:
    Does the fact I have been pooled for reinterview on Monday mean I have been rejected from my original college? I thought it did but no correspondence from them so far

Edit: Murray Edwards Admissions maybe you could help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adrianacav)
    Congratulations to all o you who got an offer! Anyone else not heard from Gonville & Caius yet? I'm an EU student and haven't received an email yet...
    My daughter applied to Caius from Italy. Since no email arrived I called this morning. I was informed that EU applicants will receive response by post, not email. Email is apparently only for non-EU international applicants. This is not what their website says, but this is what I was told. You might want to try calling yourself and confirm the same response. Very stressful for all those waiting in vain for a promised email, and now waiting for unreliable post sometime next week....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student9821)
    For people who should've heard on the 12th but haven't because of technical difficulties or missed post or whatever, yes today is the probably the day. But for pool reinterviewees, we won't get a decision until Tomorrow at the earliest, but most likely we'll hear next week. My interviews were yesterday so I should know by Monday, but some don't have their interviews until Monday. I imagine those guys will know by next Friday-ish?

ReputationRep:
    Then would technical difficulties be the reason for this not being the case? I'm not entirely sure how to proceed.
    You can ask them to provide you with the result by email as was agreed all colleges would do. They will do it as soon as they can but as a non-UK applicant you do not have to rely on the post, which was the whole point of the agreement at Admissions Forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epsilondelta)
    Does the fact I have been pooled for reinterview on Monday mean I have been rejected from my original college? I thought it did but no correspondence from them so far

Edit: Murray Edwards Admissions maybe you could help?
    You won't hear anything from them until after your pool interview. Your application is still active which is why they've not contacted you. if you're successful then the new college will make you an offer directly. if not then your file returns to your original college and they will almost certainly then reject your application.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Call them and ask. If they aren't following the agreed* procedure then they should expect to be hassled

*mention what MEAT said. He is also deputy-chair of the University Admissions Forum so does know what's what

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gold-Confetti)
    For people who should've heard on the 12th but haven't because of technical difficulties or missed post or whatever, yes today is the probably the day. But for pool reinterviewees, we won't get a decision until Tomorrow at the earliest, but most likely we'll hear next week. My interviews were yesterday so I should know by Monday, but some don't have their interviews until Monday. I imagine those guys will know by next Friday-ish?
    Good luck! :rave:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KezM)
    The pool has finished.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KezM)
    What if you only have maths and further maths UMS and other subjects are reformed so no AS? Do you get auto pooled for an average in those two subjects? Seems a bit unfair if they only auto pool when can average 3 STEM subjects but not with two. MY son would have qualified for auto pooling in two maths ones with 94.6 average in the maths and further maths. He did not sit AS in physics and chemistry because it wasn't available. Had 90% plus in internal exams and A* predictions in 3 subjects: maths, further maths, physics and A prediction chemistry. Should he have been auto pooled?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student9821)
    Depends.

Pool interview candidates will not learn their decisions for a few more days (on or after the 14th).
    The post might continue to be delayed for some people.
    Emails might have some technical problems.
    UCAS might not update today.

For some, the wait might continue. The vast majority received their news yesterday but with over 13,000 decisions to communicate a few delays are to be expected.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.