Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OutThere!)
    What if you only have maths and further maths UMS and other subjects are reformed so no AS? Do you get auto pooled for an average in those two subjects? Seems a bit unfair if they only auto pool when can average 3 STEM subjects but not with two. MY son would have qualified for auto pooling in two maths ones with 94.6 average in the maths and further maths. He did not sit AS in physics and chemistry because it wasn't available. Had 90% plus in internal exams and A* predictions in 3 subjects: maths, further maths, physics and A prediction chemistry. Should he have been auto pooled?
    No. All maths are combined for UMS average purposes, and then you need 3 qualifying subjects (including the combined maths) with UMS for auto-pooling.

BUT actually candidates that are pooled "on merit" rather than just "auto-pooled" have a higher success rate. So I wouldn't get too concerned by auto-pooling anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Call them and ask. If they aren't following the agreed* procedure then they should expect to be hassled

*mention what MEAT said. He is also deputy-chair of the University Admissions Forum so does know what's what
    I just called them and they said it should be in my mailbox. I told them it's not there, so I think they will be resending it. Fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timb1999)
    I just called them and they said it should be in my mailbox. I told them it's not there, so I think they will be resending it. Fingers crossed!
    Check they sent to a right email address. There was a case yesterday a college sent to a wrong address.

ReputationRep:
    Rejection just came through on UCAS!

Bye Cambridge *waves*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)

Bye Cambridge *waves*
    Are they starting to update UCAS? Looks like i'm going to find out this way rather than any form of mail.

Also, sorry you didn't get in. I'm sure you'll thrive wherever you go!

ReputationRep:

Bye Cambridge *waves*
    Best of luck with other choices.
    I believe you've already got a few offers in your bag?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincrows)
    Best of luck with other choices.
    I believe you've already got a few offers in your bag?
    Yep! Bath, Durham and Surrey. Just waiting on Warwick now.

Providing I get the grades, I'll be off to Durham in October which I'm super excited about!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Like ur birth
    :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    The pool has finished.
    UCAS just updated!! I got an offer for Law at Downing 41 IB 776 at HL!!! I can't believe it!!!!

Does anyone know how to check whether I have been classified as EU or international?

ReputationRep:
    UCAS just updated!! I got an offer for Law at Downing 41 IB 776 at HL!!! I can't believe it!!!!

Does anyone know how to check whether I have been classified as EU or international?

How come you just found out? Didnt you get an email?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:

Yay! And nope, sorry,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student1256)
    How come you just found out? Didnt you get an email?
    No for some reason I didn't get an email. Just a UCAS update

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeverLucky)
    Hmmm...debatable...
    Well, no-one's voiced severe opposition.

ReputationRep:

Bye Cambridge *waves*
    Hope you have another uni to cheer about!

ReputationRep:
    Letter finally come through the post, and it was a rejection. I'm honestly more annoyed that they made us wait so long, but as much as I knew it would happen i'm still disappointed.

Oh well.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RotomGuy)
    Letter finally come through the post, and it was a rejection. I'm honestly more annoyed that they made us wait so long, but as much as I knew it would happen i'm still disappointed.

Oh well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gold-Confetti)
    For people who should've heard on the 12th but haven't because of technical difficulties or missed post or whatever, yes today is the probably the day. But for pool reinterviewees, we won't get a decision until Tomorrow at the earliest, but most likely we'll hear next week. My interviews were yesterday so I should know by Monday, but some don't have their interviews until Monday. I imagine those guys will know by next Friday-ish?
    :hide:

ReputationRep:
    I'm kind of thinking of reapplying next year for Bio NatSci, and doing a third year in sixth form. I'll need to do 3 AS/A2s, so if I do Further Maths (AS + A2) then I only need one more. I'm thinking Politics. Any recommendations? I already do Maths, Bio, Chem and Physics
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting more and more nervous...
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h3rmit)
    I'm kind of thinking of reapplying next year for Bio NatSci, and doing a third year in sixth form. I'll need to do 3 AS/A2s, so if I do Further Maths (AS + A2) then I only need one more. I'm thinking Politics. Any recommendations? I already do Maths, Bio, Chem and Physics
    Just get A*A*A*, you don't need to add a 3rd year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.