Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethipayne)
    Just got the email - no offer, unfortunately. A pity to be honest, I'm sure I would have loved it there!

Best of luck to the rest of you - we've all got this far, whatever happens, congratulations well deserved!!
    I'm sorry to hear that! You're doing to do great wherever you end up though ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just got the email - no offer, unfortunately. A pity to be honest, I'm sure I would have loved it there!

Best of luck to the rest of you - we've all got this far, whatever happens, congratulations well deserved!!
    Aw no! I'm so sorry to hear that 😥 at least you know now though I guess.

ReputationRep:

Same here, ah well, never mind! Bristol it is 😊

ReputationRep:

Sorry about that.. it must have been especially difficult waiting this long... Good luck for whatever's coming though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gold-Confetti)
    Aw no! I'm so sorry to hear that 😥 at least you know now though I guess.
    True - I am at least glad to know the outcome, even if it isn't quite what I had hoped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LapizLazuliStar)
    Same here, ah well, never mind! Bristol it is 😊
    Commiserations! Exeter for me - best of luck in Bristol, it's a lovely city (and an amazing university)!! (I live there at the moment)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infested)
    Sorry about that.. it must have been especially difficult waiting this long... Good luck for whatever's coming though!
    To be honest, the waiting is still the worst part of all of this - the rejection sucks (I was just getting used to the idea that I could actually manage to get in), but hey, I've got four other offers awaiting me... Going to go and enjoy myself elsewhere, I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student1256)
    I Felt
    the same way. I believe they weighted the NSAA much more heavily than we expected in deciding the outcomes of peoples' applications.
    I really don't know how they assessed everyone I guess we'll find out when we get our rejection feedback...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epsilondelta)
    I'm sorry to hear that! You're doing to do great wherever you end up though ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you!! I certainly hope I will - this rejection hasn't affected me half as much as I thought it might, so now I'm just going to eagerly await my opportunity to make Exeter my firm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Not according to the CAT in her feedback thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Depends on the college I assume, I expect that some will have used it more extensively than others depending on their attitudes towards admissions tests in general. Christ's never had a college test for NatSci in the past but many other colleges have.

ReputationRep:
    Commiserations! Exeter for me - best of luck in Bristol, it's a lovely city (and an amazing university)!! (I live there at the moment)
    I live in Bristol too!! It really is amazing, especially for students

Sorry to hear about your rejection, I'm sure you'll do great at the uni you end up at

ReputationRep:

Sorry to hear. Good luck wherever you go from here!
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forecast)
    Depends on the college I assume, I expect that some will have used it more extensively than others depending on their attitudes towards admissions tests in general. Christ's never had a college test for NatSci in the past but many other colleges have.
    She made a general comment about them - not Christ's specific:
    "They may well be a more significant factor in future years, but not until we are sure that there is a strong relationship between the marks that candidates obtain in them, and the marks they go on to obtain in A-levels/other public examinations - and, indeed, our own examinations. It will take a while to accrue the evidence on that front!"

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...8&postcount=23

Ask her if you are unsure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christie_xx)
    I live in Bristol too!! It really is amazing, especially for students

Sorry to hear about your rejection, I'm sure you'll do great at the uni you end up at
    (it won't let me +1 you, for whatever reason)

Yes! High-five for being Bristolians tbh:five: I'm not too sad - gonna request feedback when I can (I'd like to know why I didn't get in, ofc), but aside from that, I'm just going to keep on pressing myself to do the best I can!

ReputationRep:
    Also - I'm unsure if this is the right place to ask, but should I send my feedback request to Downing, as they were my original college, or Selwyn (as they re-interviewed me)? I'm sure it'll say on the rejection letter Downing send me, but I just thought I'd double-check here

ReputationRep:
    Just realised we're meant to accept the offers we're made. Better get on that lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any idea what time Selwyn's admissions office will close? I still haven't heard and I'm getting a little nervous because if it's 9-5 this is cutting it a wee bit fine lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Not according to the CAT in her feedback thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know I already saw that and wished I had applied to christ's 😂
    tbh I wish they keep the format the same and don't make the NSAA a determining factor next year either because I fear they might since this was their test year and they didn't wanna put that much weightage on it but things may change next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forecast)
    Didn't you apply to Christ's? They pooled someone with 4 A*'s and a great NSAA performance... wow, don't know how I'd stand a chance 😂
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Also - I'm unsure if this is the right place to ask, but should I send my feedback request to Downing, as they were my original college, or Selwyn (as they re-interviewed me)? I'm sure it'll say on the rejection letter Downing send me, but I just thought I'd double-check here
    Your original college.

Exeter will keep you fit

Dat hills...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.