Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gold-Confetti)
    Hey, did you hear back from Selwyn tonight? Everyone was supposed to receive a decision by the end of today, but I'm still waiting. Just wondering whether I'm the only one haha!
    yeah i heard back - rejection feels weird but i'm not upset, i'm hoping to go to the US anyway, still v crap though

ReputationRep:
    Considering it's office based, I imagine 9/10am. To be honest an email may be better, I got a reply even though the office was closed. If you're still waiting I imagine you're in the same boat as me whereby they're still considering your application. What did you apply for?
    I applied for law. What did you apply for? I feel so restless waiting lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somebodyelse98)
    yeah i heard back - rejection feels weird but i'm not upset, i'm hoping to go to the US anyway, still v crap though
    Ah I'm really sorry to hear that
    Well, at least you can forget all about it now, and hopefully look forward to an equally bright future in the states!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alvarezd1)
    I applied for law. What did you apply for? I feel so restless waiting lol
    Oh god, I'm a law applicant as well :o:o Hopefully they have 2 places left? haha
    Same, I feel constantly on edge, well, it should all be over tomorrow one way or another I guess

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear. Best of luck in the future!

ReputationRep:
    Oh god, I'm a law applicant as well :o:o Hopefully they have 2 places left? haha
    Same, I feel constantly on edge, well, it should all be over tomorrow one way or another I guess
    Haha Best of luck to you! Yeah I really hope they aren't cruel enough to make us wait any longer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    When were you re-interviewed?
    Thursday last week, interview ended at 4:35 (scheduled end time 4:00, but it started 25 minutes late xd)

Caius were late in confirming my interview time too, so I gather they're not the most...efficient...college (having being assured that I'd hear by Wednesday lunchtime at the very latest, I heard at Wednesday 4:15 PM)

Still loved the college though.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tryeeme)
    Thursday last week, interview ended at 4:35 (scheduled end time 4:00, but it started 25 minutes late xd)

Caius were late in confirming my interview time too, so I gather they're not the most...efficient...college (having being assured that I'd hear by Wednesday lunchtime at the very latest, I heard at Wednesday 4:15 PM)

Still loved the college though.
    I think you should call your original college first thing tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Any applicants from Robinson that still haven't heard anything till this point..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epsilondelta)
    Yeah it seems quite a few poolees are still waiting. To be fair I was only reinterviewed yesterday I think I will phone on Monday if I don't hear anything

Best of luck. Deary me I'm sure you could do without those mini heart attacks! Haha
    Haha I have a mini heart attack every time I receive an email. I wonder if my college hadn't interviewed all maths applicants by that time, which would explain things.

ReputationRep:
    So many rejections coming through makes me feel like mine is next 😕
    Law why are you so competitive dammit

ReputationRep:
    I think you should call your original college first thing tomorrow.
    I will do so if you suggest, but may I ask why...?

Edit: I don't want to bother anyone if they're still making a decision, or do anything which in any small way could affect things.

Edit 2: Why my original college and not the one that reinterviewed me?

(sorry for asking so many Qs and thanks for your help)

ReputationRep:

I'm really sorry to hear that 😞 Getting depressed myself! Going to the US would be incredible though!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epsilondelta)
    I'm really sorry to hear that 😞 Getting depressed myself! Going to the US would be incredible though!!
    thank you, and i guess keep having faith until the last minute - to have got this far is impressive enough in itself and don't beat yourself up if you don't make it, your future is what you make of it
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tryeeme)
    I will do so if you suggest, but may I ask why...?

Edit: I don't want to bother anyone if they're still making a decision, or do anything which in any small way could affect things.
    It won't affect things at all. Your original college is your primary point of call unless you've been instructed otherwise. If necessary they can then chase up the pooling college.

Worst case is they say they are still deciding...

Edit: well actually worst case is something else...

ReputationRep:
    Ah I'm really sorry to hear that
    Well, at least you can forget all about it now, and hopefully look forward to an equally bright future in the states!
    @Alvarezd1 thanks guys! best of luck to you both, but if it doesn't happen they've missed out on two incredible applicants i'm sure!

ReputationRep:
    It won't affect things at all. Your original college is your primary point of call unless you've been instructed otherwise. If necessary they can then chase up the pooling college.

Worst case is they say they are still deciding...
    Ok I will do Thanks very much for your help.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    By the way, have some bonus points for your mispost in the Feedback thread
    Forgot I'd been poking around on the feedback thread. Usually on the applicants thread automatically so I'm used to just posting without thinking :lol:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    You people who are FECKIN HOPELESS at judging interviews.

Give me strength...

Oh, and congrats

:party::party:

:dancing2::dancing2::dancing2::dancing2::dancing2:

(Dat offer though... )
    WOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Still can't quite believe it!!

(Yeah the offer is so high... gonna start revising next week tbh and my Sixth Form College said they'll give me extra help with revision skills etc)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    So I told the Oxbridge co-ordinator about the phone call and he almost dropped his mug of tea on the floor. Never seen a guy so shocked in my life!! My 6th form haven't had a good year for Oxbridge compared to previous years.

He also said that it's people like me who make his job worthwhile and it's been a pleasure to get to know me :cry2:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.