The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alvarezd1
Finally heard back from Selwyn- rejection :frown:

Original post by Emma73737
I finally heard back from Selwyn too and I'm rejected aswell 😊

Original post by Gold-Confetti
Ahh same unfortunately. 😔 More upset that I was dragged down to Cambridge again and wasted my parents money only to be rejected. Commiserations to you both. Onwards and upwards I guess!

:frown: - especially after waiting so long.

Commiserations.
Ahh same unfortunately. 😔 More upset that I was dragged down to Cambridge again and wasted my parents money only to be rejected.

Commiserations to you both. Onwards and upwards I guess!

Finally heard back from Selwyn- rejection

I finally heard back from Selwyn too and I'm rejected aswell 😊 Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm so sorry guys, especially after waiting for so long
Onwards and upwards to other choices
Finally heard back from Selwyn- rejection :frown:

Sorry to hear. :frown:
I finally heard back from Selwyn too and I'm rejected aswell 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

My condolences. :frown:
Ahh same unfortunately. 😔 More upset that I was dragged down to Cambridge again and wasted my parents money only to be rejected.

Ah! So sorry to hear. :frown: Wish you three good luck wherever you go from here!
Original post by fablereader
Sorry to hear. :frown:

My condolences. :frown:

Ah! So sorry to hear. :frown: Wish you three good luck wherever you go from here!

Try multi-quote:

Spoiler

It's magic :smile:
Does anyone know how you request feedback if you've been rejected? I applied to king's college for engineering.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks everyone. I'm not really sure what to do now. I have a fantastic offer from Durham with lower requirements and a bursary, and 3 other offers too. But I don't know, I don't like the place anywhere near as much, and I'm really not interested in any uni aside Cambridge and Durham. I think I'm going to wait for their college allocations to begin. If I get a college I hate, I'll withdraw my application and apply next year. If I get one I like, I'll firm Durham and wait till results day. If I get really good grades I'll take a gap year and reapply to Cambridge. If not, I'll take Durham's offer.

Congratulations to everyone who did get an offer, and to everyone who didn't, good luck anyway, hopefully we'll all get where we want to be in the end regardless.
Original post by jneill
Try multi-quote:

Spoiler

It's magic :smile:

What's that grey box at the bottom? I've never seen it!
Thanks everyone. I'm not really sure what to do now. I have a fantastic offer from Durham with lower requirements and a bursary, and 3 other offers too. But I don't know, I don't like the place anywhere near as much, and I'm really not interested in any uni aside Cambridge and Durham. I think I'm going to wait for their college allocations to begin. If I get a college I hate, I'll withdraw my application and apply next year. If I get one I like, I'll firm Durham and wait till results day. If I get really good grades I'll take a gap year and reapply to Cambridge. If not, I'll take Durham's offer.

Congratulations to everyone who did get an offer, and to everyone who didn't, good luck anyway, hopefully we'll all get where we want to be in the end regardless.

Lower grades and a bursary from Durham?! That's crazy I've never heard of that before 👀 best of luck with your grades and decisions ☺️

I feel like I'm the only one out of 13k or something applicants that hasn't heard yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's that grey box at the bottom? I've never seen it!

Which grey box - the Edit / Reply / Multi-Quote icons are below every post...

Spoiler

Original post by epsilondelta
Lower grades and a bursary from Durham?! That's crazy I've never heard of that before 👀 best of luck with your grades and decisions ☺️

I feel like I'm the only one out of 13k or something applicants that hasn't heard yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really watching you closely, would be great if Hughes took you :smile:

Sounds like a plan. And when you request feedback say you are considering re-applying.
Original post by jneill
Which grey box - the Edit / Reply / Multi-Quote icons are below every post...

Spoiler

Oh, it's there when you hover over the multi-quote button (for me, it's yellow). I've tried pressing on them, but whenever I click to reply on someone's post to reply, I only get that person. I'm probably doing something wrong, but I have no idea what ...
Oh, it's there when you hover over the multi-quote button (for me, it's yellow). I've tried pressing on them, but whenever I click to reply on someone's post to reply, I only get that person. I'm probably doing something wrong, but I have no idea what ...

Yes, so click the multi-quote icon instead, and then find the other post(s) you want to mention and multi-quote each of them.

Then scroll down and the big Reply box at the bottom of the page will have all the quoted posts in it.

It's genius :smile:
Original post by jneill
Yes, so click the multi-quote icon instead, and then find the other post(s) you want to mention and multi-quote each of them.

Then scroll down and the big Reply box at the bottom of the page will have all the quoted posts in it.

It's genius :smile:

Original post by jneill
Sounds like a plan. And when you request feedback say you are considering re-applying.

Oh. I never really used this one. Testing, testing, one two three, does this work?

Edit: Yes, I think it does. Merci!
Oh. I never really used this one. Testing, testing, one two three, does this work?

Edit: Yes, I think it does.

:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:
Original post by jneill

Yeah I will do. When I ask for feedback, I was going to ask whether it was interviews or grades that most let me down. If it's grades, I can fix that, but if it was interview, I don't really have the resources to become better at it, so it probably wouldn't be worth my time to reapply.

Thank you for all your help on here by the way, I and probably all the other applicants, really appreciate it 😊
Original post by Infested

And sorry to hear about your result, @somebodyelse98.. It's always unpleasant to receive this news after waiting longer than everyone else. :frown:

thanks for this, everyone on here has been so supportive and kind! i guess it's just one of those things and i'm just trying to remind myself that I did my best throughout the process - as did everyone else. i'm trying to be proud of that!

sorry to hear that :frown:( I guess, focus on the bright side. It took them such a long time to consider your application and you even got the chance for a re-interview whereas others have been flat out rejected. Shows that you do have the necessary standard; it's just that they don't have enough places. You should feel very proud :smile: Best of luck if you reapply, but if not, congrats on getting a scholarship and offer from Durham, which is an amazing feat in itself! :smile: Hope you're feeling better.

Latest

Trending

Trending