ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knee Grow)
    Not necessarily, A* in further is possible without a* maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fair.
    Was going to ask why, but.... lol meh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    I *expect* you will get a 3 A-level offer. So probably A*AA.

Soz...
    When I was talking to an Emmanuel AT they said in the situation where people already have A*s they would try offer without A* but still with 3 e.g. AAA instead of A*AA or A*AA instead of A*A*A... However they did point out it is entirely under their discretion, so it could be A*A*A* just as much lol.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CutieTootsie)
    Fair.
    Was going to ask why, but.... lol meh
    The A* in Maths requires 90% in C3 & C4. So in theory they could miss the C3 & C4 requirement and get an A but still get A* in FM.

It's not likely... but could happen.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domaths)
    When I was talking to an Emmanuel AT they said in the situation where people already have A*s they would try offer without A* but still with 3 e.g. AAA instead of A*AA or A*AA instead of A*A*A... However they did point out it is entirely under their discretion, so it could be A*A*A* just as much lol.
    Yes I think Peterhouse said something similar. But yeah anything could happen. Better to expect the worst offer (at least it's an offer...)
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christie_xx)
    omg no ill go watch it now :lol::lol:
    Keeping in mind Cohen is a Christ's alumna.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frobisher)
    Anyone know what the protocol is for Pembroke? Whether we'll hear by email etc?
    It's a letter!

ReputationRep:
    A rejection is, unfortunately, more likely to be just because they physically don't have enough spaces. There a more excellent candidates who would do well at Cambridge than they have places for.

There's a Cambridge study somewhere about the outcomes of rejected students at their final university: they do better than the "average" candidates to those universities

Edit: found it
    http://www.cao.cam.ac.uk/sites/www.c...applicants.pdf
    These official documents you post always put me in an emotional state and make me want to cry...

(Original post by Joannn)
      How about eu students? Do you think Cambridge might be a little more lenient when it comes to assessing eu students' applications? And as far as I remeber, Cambridge interviews everyone, who "has a realistic chance of getting an offer". So, does it mean if your bmat score was abysmal, you'd get a pre-interview rejection? And if you get an interview, it means your bmat is passable..? I just want to relieve stress before the 12th...😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Perhaps Cambridge will want to demonstrate the negative effect on EU intake resulting from the Brexit vote, and so will be harsher on EU applicants in order to prove the point.

(Original post by Oddwatermelon)
        These official documents you post always put me in an emotional state and make me want to cry...
        But they should be reassuring for your self esteem. That is one is not 'rejected', but just not as good as the very best. Don't cry.

ReputationRep:
        A rejection is, unfortunately, more likely to be just because they physically don't have enough spaces. There a more excellent candidates who would do well at Cambridge than they have places for.

There's a Cambridge study somewhere about the outcomes of rejected students at their final university: they do better than the "average" candidates to those universities

Interesting to see that the average best 3 UMS mean is just over 93%, I thought it would be higher for some reason. I wonder if that's the reasoning behind the 93% figure used in the UMS autopooling system.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Bunratty)
        Perhaps Cambridge will want to demonstrate the negative effect on EU intake resulting from the Brexit vote, and so will be harsher on EU applicants in order to prove the point.
        Or offer places to as many as possible before they lose the chance to do so

ReputationRep:
        How much emphasis do they put on the admissions test I.e. ENGAA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
        to all my fellow applicants on Thursday,

it is what it is

:holmes:

ReputationRep:
        But they should be reassuring for your self esteem. That is one is not 'rejected', but just not as good as the very best. Don't cry.
        Don't worry I'm not going to, it was a tongue in cheek comment! My UMS average is 91.5% across 2 subjects, so I don't even have a proper average, it just hits you how tough the competition is! Wish I didn't get such a low UMS in one of my subjects

(Original post by platelet)
          Or offer places to as many as possible before they lose the chance to do so
          Or maybe, just maybe, it will make no difference whatsoever, like most Cambridge decision guessing.

However, universities and Brexit are rather intertwined at present. Big money is involved.

ReputationRep:
          @jneill I got a call on Friday inviting me for reinterview, and they said they would email me shortly. This email still hasn't come, do you think I should ring them up tomorrow? I am staring to worry they made a mistake!
          • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
          That's already had an effect actually. Numbers of applicants from the EU are down on prior years.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
          @jneill I got a call on Friday inviting me for reinterview, and they said they would email me shortly. This email still hasn't come, do you think I should ring them up tomorrow? I am staring to worry they made a mistake!

(Original post by Oddwatermelon)
            Don't worry I'm not going to, it was a tongue in cheek comment! My UMS average is 91.5% across 2 subjects, so I don't even have a proper average, it just hits you how tough the competition is! Wish I didn't get such a low UMS in one of my subjects
            But UMS across best 3 subjects is what is considered.

ReputationRep:

trust economics to be 2nd highest for UMS :'(

Btw jneill are you planning to match peoples AA self-assessments you collected with their offer outcome?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
          What newspaper do you read/prefer?
        • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
          Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.