Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naeco)
    -
    That is so sad and beautiful. What is the source/who drew it?

ReputationRep:
    wait wtf did you draw this ????????

ReputationRep:
    Did you draw that omg?? :'(
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Wow you're really talented.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redcoats)
    Thank you so much. I apologise if I came across rather brash and naive in my terminology. I shall heed your advice and I'd better get my bags packed; I have summer school to go to!
    Hahaha not at all, it's good you are thinking of all this at this stage (the perfect time to start imo), I think by the time you're sending of your UCAS this September/October you will be very grateful of the summer school(s) you went on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemonlime98)
    Linguistics stereotypes? I know it's a small subject so it might not really have a stereotype - if so how about MML stereotypes?
    Modern languages: more conventional than the norse and asian languages people, like to travel, either bookish or into partying, probably speaks 5 languages and wants to learn another 10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayofsunshine98)
    punting was actually really good! Does the reduced offer thing apply to Cambridge Sutton trust people applying to Cambridge or Is that wishful thinking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think it counts for Cambridge unfortunately FrenchNerd2 ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by auburnstar)
    That is so sad and beautiful. What is the source/who drew it?
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ch...e_J40BsrjSM%3A
    + I drew it with in 30 mins I think also drew my avatar and profile picture loved art so much
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HolyRomanEmpire)
    jneill I know this is somewhat of an irrelevant question, as we've reached the final stage, but do you know whether Cambridge chooses not to interview people due to low UMS? Or do you not know as, as I've just said, things are very different this year.
    Not necessarily. And most applicants don't have complete UMS anyway. They assess applications holistically at all times.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domaths)
    wait wtf did you draw this ????????
    (Original post by Katejcr)
    Did you draw that omg?? :'(
    Yeah with a real photo to help me to draw it

(Original post by Obiejess)
    Wow you're really talented.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank u... tbh sometimes I think I am more enjoyed in art than medicine...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by auburnstar)
    (This is going off of two boys I know doing history at my sixth form so bias)

Wears tweed, a bit over-confident, argumentative/debate type, doesn't do essays until 3 minutes before the deadline, drinks a lot - both socially and to prevent essay crisis.
    I wear tweed, I'm probably too overconfident (but secretly very insecure), and essays it really depends. Hm. I'm almost there :lol:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bunratty)
    It would give leverage to the political idea that EU students of the best calibre will go elsewhere if Hard Brexit happens.
    So you seriously think Cambridge would cut off its nose to spite its face.

Nope. There's enough conspiracy theories without adding Cambridge to them. That's rubbish. Sorry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domaths)
    Hahaha not at all, it's good you are thinking of all this at this stage (the perfect time to start imo), I think by the time you're sending of your UCAS this September/October you will be very grateful of the summer school(s) you went on!
    I sent my application for the oxford one in 4 days before the deadline so you're doing much better than me Redcoats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redcoats)
    I am currently in year 12, hoping to apply to Cambridge for a maths degree next year.

I am in two minds about whether or not to apply to the Sutton Trust and UNIQ summer school; I have am/have been involved with the following:

- Oxford Shadowing Scheme (completed)
    - Cambridge Shadowing Scheme (2nd February - 4th)
    - Homerton Shadowing Scheme (waiting)
    - Oxford Pathways Programme (waiting)

I have already had a taste of university life so is there much point in doing the summer schools? Has anyone else done either the Sutton Trust, UNIQ or Homerton summer schools?

I would really only be applying for it to appear favourable on my application next year.

Thanks
    I did a Trinity summer school last year (language based humanities, not sure if they do a maths one but it's on the Trinity outreach website) and I loved it. Really interesting talks even if they weren't all relevant to my subject. Got to stay in Trinity and eat free food with that damn portrait of Henry VIII staring me down and judging my life choices. It was great!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeverLucky)
    What would the most efficient way to collect people's outcomes and assign them to the post-interview data be do you reckon?
    I'll keep an eye on my people in the decision day thread. I only had 30 or so responses.

And/or they can PM me... they know who they are, oh and I'll chase them by PM too.

For the big post interview one someone will need to add a new form to the database. Not me...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    I'll keep an eye on my people in the decision day thread. I only had 30 or so responses.

And/or they can PM me... they know who they are, oh and I'll chase them by PM too.

For the big post interview one someone will need to add a new form to the database. Not me...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I was thinking of just creating another form for people to fill out. I'll also keep an eye on the people posting so I can link their decisions to the post-interview spreadsheet.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha "not me...."

ReputationRep:
    UMS averages always make me want to cry as one out of the 2 UMSs that I got is the subject I got a B in...aka my worst subject

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, when r we going to hear back from Cambridge? My friend told me they r going to send the mails out tmrw?

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure that I literally have 0 chance at getting an offer. It's a bit disappointing but I think I'm gonna reapply next year 🤔

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.