Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Your talent makes me insecure and I don't even do art
    The good news is that TSR finally let me rep you again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HolyRomanEmpire)
    Nah mate, did you not hear about the Brexit vote? They're not taking in any EU Students at all this year. Not one.

Seriously though I assume if you got an interview your BMAT was acceptable. I know two people who did below average in the BMAT and got rejected pre-interview, both Girton applicants.
    Please tell me you're joking... I'm an EU applicant and I'm waiting for my decision. Do you mean they wouldn't take them for 2017 but as gap year applicants or?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel58)
    UMS averages always make me want to cry as one out of the 2 UMSs that I got is the subject I got a B in...aka my worst subject
    I have the exact same issue! Did far better in the 2 subjects I didn't get UMS in, which is so annoying! I bet it has happened to a large number of applicants, though!

ReputationRep:
    This is so good!! I really love it when you show us your applying-to-Cambridge related drawings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daniilS)
    Your talent makes me insecure and I don't even do art
    The good news is that TSR finally let me rep you again
    hahaha same!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cindylol)
    Hey guys, when r we going to hear back from Cambridge? My friend told me they r going to send the mail out tmrw?
    You'll hear back on Thursday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by splle)
    Please tell me you're joking... I'm an EU applicant and I'm waiting for my decision. Do you mean they wouldn't take them for 2017 but as gap year applicants or?
    They're joking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naeco)
    hahaha same!!!
    Oh congrats on the fifth gem by the way!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christie_xx)
    This is so good!! I really love it when you show us your applying-to-Cambridge related drawings
    Yeah, I found that drawings can make people relax from those nervous things to some extend(?), so I posted some if it can makes us feel less anxious

ReputationRep:
    Oh congrats on the fifth gem by the way!!!
    :ahee: ahee aheeeeee thank u!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oddwatermelon)
    I have the exact same issue! Did far better in the 2 subjects I didn't get UMS in, which is so annoying! I bet it has happened to a large number of applicants, though!
    yeah same here for me! my highest ones were in the two i couldn't put down including the subject I have applied for. however, your teachers have likely included the others in your reference, my teachers did and they said it was common to do so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christie_xx)
    They're joking
    Haha oh at this point I'm so nervous I take everything seriously
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    jneill when will we (pooled people) find out? After the 19th?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naeco)
    :ahee: ahee aheeeeee thank u!!
    Name:  Screenshot_2017-01-09-23-23-06-1.png
Views: 45
Size:  112.5 KB

aaaaand there we go again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naeco)
    Yeah, I found that drawings can make people relax from those nervous things to some extend(?), so I posted some if it can makes us feel less anxious
    That's incredibly sweet of you! And it worked
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Redcoats)
    I am currently in year 12, hoping to apply to Cambridge for a maths degree next year.

I am in two minds about whether or not to apply to the Sutton Trust and UNIQ summer school; I have am/have been involved with the following:

- Oxford Shadowing Scheme (completed)
    - Cambridge Shadowing Scheme (2nd February - 4th)
    - Homerton Shadowing Scheme (waiting)
    - Oxford Pathways Programme (waiting)

I have already had a taste of university life so is there much point in doing the summer schools? Has anyone else done either the Sutton Trust, UNIQ or Homerton summer schools?

I would really only be applying for it to appear favourable on my application next year.

Thanks
    It may be helpful for you, but is of absolutely no influence to the selection process.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oddwatermelon)
    If all my subjects had UMS, my average would be around 94% which is good, but right now it's 87% which is a lot worse than the successful average...

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Screenshot_2017-01-09-23-23-06-1.png
Views: 45
Size:  112.5 KB

aaaaand there we go again
    Name:  lololololololol.png
Views: 48
Size:  64.7 KB
    noooooooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naeco)
    Name:  lololololololol.png
Views: 48
Size:  64.7 KB
    noooooooo
    Don't worry, there's a new day tomorrow full of fresh new rep to give (speaking of which I should probably go to bed because my day starts with a biology exam ;-; )

ReputationRep:
    Gave you both the rep

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Corpus Christi College Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    Pembroke College Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.