Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    :rofl: I'm sure you'll be fine, if not will stop by and say hi

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahah thank you 😂😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student1256)
    Same! After I saw his stuff I felt like Cambridge is not just academically amazing but an overall amazing experience. Holly's videos spent too much time showing her eating and none at all showing us Cambridge and the student experience 😂 and Joe is very unrelatable and he overedits making it seem like I'm watching a montage rather than a vlog. even though they're both great people I'm sure and I don't wanna bash em, they're just not Jake 😁
    That's true :love: it just seemed like Cambridge was totally magical. Omg :rofl: Holly's videos do focus a ton on eating, I get hungry after watching her vlogs (and I feel about ten times healthier). I thought Joe's editing was pretty neat but you're right, they don't feel as natural as Jake's vlogs - besides, I don't think he'll be able to vlog more about Cambridge for long.

The strange thing is I still love Jake's videos even though he's graduated when I was in London I wanted to go to Richmond so badly to stalk him down lol. No Cambridge vlogger will ever be able to reach his superiority!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by Christie_xx)
    Ahah thank you 😂😂
    Well I might reapply as well if I don't get in this time around (not sure which institution) if I make the grades so I'll be around anyways

ReputationRep:
    Well I might reapply as well if I don't get in this time around (not sure which institution) if I make the grades so I'll be around anyways
    Same actually!! Yeah I'm pretty sure I'll reapply. What are you thinking of doing in your gap year?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Same actually!! Yeah I'm pretty sure I'll reapply. What are you thinking of doing in your gap year?
    Probably going to China to improve my Chinese or somewhere else to learn a new language.

Wbu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rissanicole14)
    Does anyone else watch Joe Binder and Holly Gabrielle's vlogs?
    Omg I love Holly's channel, she seems so sweet!

ReputationRep:
    Omg I love Holly's channel, she seems so sweet!
    I'm not even vegan, but I've been watching her videos in amazement at how she seems to balance her time so well and have the time/patience to prepare healthy meals and do all these different things

ReputationRep:
    Probably going to China to improve my Chinese or somewhere else to learn a new language.

Wbu?
    Woah that's so cool!! What course are you applying for?

I was thinking of getting better at programming and then hopefully working for my brother or something 🤷¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Woah that's so cool!! What course are you applying for?

I was thinking of getting better at programming and then hopefully working for my brother or something 🤷¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Human Sciences at Oxford

Cool, personally I dislike Comp Sci

There's still a lot of time, it is not even Wednesday/Thursday yet :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not even vegan, but I've been watching her videos in amazement at how she seems to balance her time so well and have the time/patience to prepare healthy meals and do all these different things
    Ikr!! Me neither but her vids did make me consider becoming vegan 😆 Yeah she fits in so much stuff, she is goals af

ReputationRep:
    Human Sciences at Oxford

Cool, personally I dislike Comp Sci

There's still a lot of time, it is not even Wednesday/Thursday yet :rofl:
    Woah that sounds so cool!! Yeah I don't like the sound of comp sci either cus I hate D1 and D2 in maths, I'm applying for econ
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Woah that sounds so cool!! Yeah I don't like the sound of comp sci either cus I hate D1 and D2 in maths, I'm applying for econ
    Cool so do you support Keynesian Economics then?

Almost all my friends are so good at compsci/ physics/ maths :/ then there is me... I feel like a failed Asian :rofl::rofl:

Yeah the course was mostly the reason why I chose Oxford over Cambridge

ReputationRep:

Wbu?
    Haha, do you not speak Chinese regularly within your family? Or are you not 100% Taiwanese by parentage?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Infested)
    Haha, do you not speak Chinese regularly within your family? Or are you not 100% Taiwanese by parentage?
    I can speak Chinese and write Chinese fairly well, but my parents want me to be good at "literary analysis" and to be cultured or something. Yes I speak Chinese at home.

ReputationRep:
    That's true :love: it just seemed like Cambridge was totally magical. Omg :rofl: Holly's videos do focus a ton on eating, I get hungry after watching her vlogs (and I feel about ten times healthier). I thought Joe's editing was pretty neat but you're right, they don't feel as natural as Jake's vlogs - besides, I don't think he'll be able to vlog more about Cambridge for long.

The strange thing is I still love Jake's videos even though he's graduated when I was in London I wanted to go to Richmond so badly to stalk him down lol. No Cambridge vlogger will ever be able to reach his superiority!
    Yeah I feel the health too after seeing her eat a plate of fruit, I don't understand how anyone can live off of that though. honestly if I eat fruit, no matter how much I eat, after 20 minutes i feel as if I haven't eaten anything at all. I need something cooked 😂

Wow you're one of those crazy fangirls aren't ya :laugh: (no offence)
    I considered vlogging at cam myself (if I get in) but then again I want a first too, so I gotta set straight my priorities :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I can speak Chinese and write Chinese fairly well, but my parents want me to be good at "literary analysis" and to be cultured or something. Yes I speak Chinese at home.
    I see, that's good to aim for. I think my Chinese will never go beyond a conversational standard.

ReputationRep:
    Cool so do you support Keynesian Economics then?

Almost all my friends are so good at compsci/ physics/ maths :/ then there is me... I feel like a failed Asian :rofl::rofl:

Yeah the course was mostly the reason why I chose Oxford over Cambridge
    Ahaha idk tbh, I'm not 100% into Keynesian or monetarist economics.

Ahaha oh dear 😂 I used to be bad at maths too!

Yeah the course is a big reason why I chose Cambridge over Oxford
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

I see, that's good to aim for. I think my Chinese will never go beyond a conversational standard.
    Hahaha, I don't particularly want to study Mandarin literary analysis :rofl:

That's ok, as long as you can hold a conversation, that's definitely enough.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, I don't particularly want to study Mandarin literary analysis :rofl:

That's ok, as long as you can hold a conversation, that's definitely enough.
    This might sound shallow, but why would you have to travel to China to improve your Mandarin? For me I'd think Taiwan is pretty well placed for opportunities to learn and improve.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Ahaha idk tbh, I'm not 100% into Keynesian or monetarist economics.

Ahaha oh dear 😂 I used to be bad at maths too!

Yeah the course is a big reason why I chose Cambridge over Oxford
    Hahaha me too

Used to be? What happened?

This might sound shallow, but why would you have to travel to China to improve your Mandarin? For me I'd think Taiwan is pretty well placed for opportunities to learn and improve.
    I think my parents want me to have experience living abroad (in Beijing to be precise) I could easily go to a language class in National Taiwan University and just sit in, so yes you are right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.