Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mehokay)
    I'm currently in the middle of my mock exams period and I thought that it would help take my mind off 12th Jan, but whenever I start revision, I just end up thinking "what's the point of all this effort if they just REJECT ME ANYWAY?"
    and then lie in bed staring at the ceiling for an hour.
    Ooh dear, that must suck. There are plenty of other great unis though, plus you could reapply! The prospect of reapplying is what's motivating me rn tbh
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Lol ffs 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CutieTootsie)
    Lol ffs 😂

ReputationRep:
    Would you know before the twelfth if you had been pooled but not reinterviewed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Florescence)
    Most colleges will send letters as well, but because it will take so long to get there, Cambridge sends emails on the 12th so as many applicants as possible find out the outcome on the same day.
    Oh thats interesting, thank you!
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayofsunshine98)
    I don't think they ever tell you either way - i think the only reason you would find out that you were pooled is if you get an offer
    If you had been pooled but not fished your original college will tell you about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buymoria)
    Would you know before the twelfth if you had been pooled but not reinterviewed?
    No

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayofsunshine98)
    I'm fed up of waiting now anyone else agree??
    Yes yes yes! I can't wait any longer ughhhh

(Original post by mehokay)
    I'm currently in the middle of my mock exams period and I thought that it would help take my mind off 12th Jan, but whenever I start revision, I just end up thinking "what's the point of all this effort if they just REJECT ME ANYWAY?"
    and then lie in bed staring at the ceiling for an hour.
    This is so true - my next highest offer is AAB if I don't get into Cambridge so I can't help but wonder how much I would actually need to work for that...

ReputationRep:
    Therefore jneill if you receive a letter from a college other than the one you applied for on the 12th am I right in assuming that it should hold good news

ReputationRep:
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lordcavendish)
    Therefore jneill if you receive a letter from a college other than the one you applied for on the 12th am I right in assuming that it should hold good news
    Yep, it'll be an offer. No other college has any reason to contact you otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeverLucky)
    Yep, it'll be an offer. No other college has any reason to contact you otherwise.
    Imagine a troll college who just sends letters to say hello...

ReputationRep:
    Right guys, Do we get a letter from Cambridge, email or UCAS notification? I am trying to not think about it, but i need to know if i will be waiting at the window for the Royal Mail all day, or have my emails open all day... ;-)

ReputationRep:
    The maths applicants who were interviewed overseas had to sit a written test too (because their interviews were short, only 25 minutes each). But as only a small number of candidates sat the test (most are interviewed at Cambridge), how will their test score be judged and compared with other interviewees? [For example, I met no other candidate on the exam day who applied to my preference college]
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by PrestonGarveyBoi)
    Right guys, Do we get a letter from Cambridge, email or UCAS notification? I am trying to not think about it, but i need to know if i will be waiting at the window for the Royal Mail all day, or have my emails open all day... ;-)
    Letter from Cambridge, some colleges send emails to domestic applicants but not all of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    Letter from Cambridge, some colleges send emails to domestic applicants but not all of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    42 hours 16 minutes and the offers start to roll in. Have a moment to let that sink in...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeverLucky)
    Really hope I get an email from a different college, as I don't stand a chance getting a direct offer.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student1256)
    42 hours 16 minutes and the offers start to roll in. Have a moment to let that sink in...
    Why? That just sounds ages away.
    It's only frustrating if that's why you want it to sink in.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Less than 24 hours for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.