The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wolfmoon88
6 subjects plus TOK but I am taking classes outside of the IB diploma as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't forget about the fact that we also have to do EEs and keep up with CAS to graduate!
Original post by thirdcultureteen
Don't forget about the fact that we also have to do EEs and keep up with CAS to graduate!

Yep my EE final draft is due in a few weeks :eek2:

CAS is so annoying but I do most of those things anyways so it's not that bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep my EE final draft is due in a few weeks :eek2:

CAS is so annoying but I do most of those things anyways so it's not that bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck!

Ikr. It's mostly having to reflect on all the activities which is a massive pain.
Original post by thirdcultureteen
Good luck!

Ikr. It's mostly having to reflect on all the activities which is a massive pain.

Yeah the reflection part is hella annoying... writing it blog style and hoping that my advisor will accept it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Will decision letters definitely come tomorrow and emails the day following? :confused:
Original post by student470
Will decision letters definitely come tomorrow and emails the day following? :confused:

No. Decision letters will come in 2 days (12th), emails the following day(s) after the 12th.
Reply 1186
Who emails you if you were successfully pooled?
Original post by IcedArizona
I've been sick for the past few days so I've thought about the whole application process and tbh, couldn't be happier to have made an application to Cambs ^^ I didn't think I'd be even part of the interviewed applicants and yet I got an interview and the interview was honestly one of the most enjoyable academic situations I've known. Whatever the outcome I'll be grateful for the opportunity to even apply and to come for an interview. Of course I will be super disappointed by a rejection, who wouldn't really, but still would do this all again (except the NSAA maybe..) :smile:

I feel exactly the same way as you, I loved applying to Cambridge (except the NSAA)!! Funny enough I've applied to the same course and college as you 😂 if we both miraculously end up there we could be friends

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SM-
Who emails you if you were successfully pooled?

Your new college - the one you were pooled to :smile:
Original post by ngaribli
I feel exactly the same way as you, I loved applying to Cambridge (except the NSAA)!! Funny enough I've applied to the same course and college as you 😂 if we both miraculously end up there we could be friends

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow best of luck then!! :u: But tbh my NSAA was such a disaster that I highly doubt I'll get anything but a rejection, but fingers crossed for both of us!

Me preparing for Thursday

release_me_from_my_suffering_please.png
Yeah the reflection part is hella annoying... writing it blog style and hoping that my advisor will accept it

Reflections are much friendlier if you just rant and film yourself on video ahahah and upload that (that's what I do, significantly less time consuming)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by trythis
Girton have said they're sending physical letters out this year, so take solace in that at least :tongue:

(Direct Girton applicant, woo!)

Do you happen to know if Girton are also sending out emails to UK applicants too? My daughter is also a direct applicant to Girton.

Good luck on Thursday!
Reflections are much friendlier if you just rant and film yourself on video ahahah and upload that (that's what I do, significantly less time consuming)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmm maybe I should do that :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IcedArizona
Oh wow best of luck then!! :u: But tbh my NSAA was such a disaster that I highly doubt I'll get anything but a rejection, but fingers crossed for both of us!

My NSAA was an embarrassment but tbh what gives me hope is that I haven't yet met anyone who said "oh my NSAA went alright" 😂
some guy here wished luck specifically to Caius kids 'cause apparently the DoS said theres a strong turnout of NatSci applicants so the pool is my last hope 😬😬 GOOD LUCK TO YOU TOO

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sir albert
Do you happen to know if Girton are also sending out emails to UK applicants too? My daughter is also a direct applicant to Girton.

Good luck on Thursday!

From the VLE: "Decisions will be communicated to all Girton applicants via letter". So looks unlikely they'll send emails.

Good luck to your daughter too!
My NSAA was an embarrassment but tbh what gives me hope is that I haven't yet met anyone who said "oh my NSAA went alright" 😂
some guy here wished luck specifically to Caius kids 'cause apparently the DoS said theres a strong turnout of NatSci applicants so the pool is my last hope 😬😬 GOOD LUCK TO YOU TOO

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've heard from someone who went to open days that they won't be using the NSAA that much ^^
I wouldn't mind being pooled to one of the female colleges tbh
wouldn't mind getting an offer actually
from any college ^^

When did you have your interview? Had mine on the 6th :smile:
Original post by Inister
No. Decision letters will come in 2 days (12th), emails the following day(s) after the 12th.

Thanks for clarifying! Are these dates the same for all the colleges?
Original post by student470
Thanks for clarifying! Are these dates the same for all the colleges?

Yes, although not all colleges will email/send letters; some do only one or the other. You'll get your decision on the 12th, nonetheless.
just for clarification:

- if you’ve been pooled successfully, will your new college email you or will your old college email you or will both colleges email you??

Latest

Trending

Trending