Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    good luck for tomorrow wolfmoon88!! its been fun having you around and messing with you about your choice of university
    Thank you :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Ooooh I'm kinda in the same position. Although I've got Durham and I'm waiting on Warwick.

I might considering insuring Warwick if I get in but only if they give a reduced offer (won't happen lol).
    I'm waiting for Warwick too!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Christie_xx)
    It's d-day for Oxford apps tomorrow, right?? If it is then good luck wolfmoon88 !!
    Today

Thank you Good luck to you too on Thursday!

ReputationRep:
    Who wants to go cambridge anyway... Its just a watered down Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=onlyvips;69495566]Yeah they do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
    That's good then. Thanks for the reply.

ReputationRep:
    Murray Edwards Admissions - Given you chaired the Economic Pool Meeting, were more people that were pooled given direct offers or were most of them reinterviewed? I just want to know where I stand, as was I the weaker of the pooled applicants that they have to call me down to know for sure my potential (if there exists any at the moment) or is it just something Econ do as it is uber-competitive?

Thank you once again!

ReputationRep:
    Heyy guys, just wanna ask that is it for sure that all the decisions will be given out on the 12th
    How come I have always remembered that the 11th is the Decision day
    Btw I applied for Economics at Caius
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by econprospective)
    Murray Edwards Admissions - Given you chaired the Economic Pool Meeting, were more people that were pooled given direct offers or were most of them reinterviewed? I just want to know where I stand, as was I the weaker of the pooled applicants that they have to call me down to know for sure my potential (if there exists any at the moment) or is it just something Econ do as it is uber-competitive?

Thank you once again!
    I think he already said most pool offers were not reinterviewed?

Being reinterviewed is not necessarily to do with overall "strength" of an application. It's more likely because the candidate had a wide variation in interview scores, for whatever reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex1314)
    Heyy guys, just wanna ask that is it for sure that all the decisions will be given out on the 12th
    How come I have always remembered that the 11th is the Decision day
    Btw I applied for Economics at Caius
    mayb because post goes out 11th? The letter will arrive next day tho and emails are on the 12th
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I HATE the word rejection.
    If I could stab it, I would.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domaths)
    Officialy tomorrow !!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Oh yeah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student1256)
    No bs I'm 100% convinced that the food is actually bad. I thought maybe it's a psychological thing since one would hear bad things about caius food and it would affect their opinion but this girl I met who was applying to caius said the same thing about the food being bad and no one had told her about it either. Idk how repulsive the food must be that its unanimously said to be disgusting :laugh:
    Honestly, the food at Caius is actually better than a lot of colleges. 5/10years ago, that stereotype would've been true but it's definitely not the case now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Same. Are you plumping for Durham as your second-best then?
    I think so. I already have an offer from UCL but I think I'd enjoy Durham more. I really don't like the idea of living in London, especially as a student... Not sure why I applied tbh, didn't really think about it (or have time to think about it)

Career prospects would pretty much be the same whether I went to UCL or Durham tbh. Except if I wanted to get into IB, but the more I read about it the more I think that's a bad idea. It's easy to say you'd be willing to work 100+ hour weeks for several years now when your only commitments are going to school, but actually doing it... It would be such a miserable experience... Plus I have no interest in finance.

You thinking Durham for 2nd choice as well?

Spoiler:
    Show

If Durham reject me I will cry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    I think he already said most pool offers were not reinterviewed?

Being reinterviewed is not necessarily to do with overall "strength" of an application. It's more likely because the candidate had a wide variation in interview scores, for whatever reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, even the statistics for last year showed that roughly 200 of nearly 4000 pooled candidates were reinterviewed, which is a tiny proportion. Yet even on the other Econ Cambridge Forum, there were a few who said they were reinterviewed then received an offer, so I thought Economics @ Camb. just interview everyone again, unlike Nat. Sci for example I guess...

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=m15es;69496728]
    (Original post by onlyvips)
    Yeah they do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
    That's good then. Thanks for the reply.
    No problem
    Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abstract_Prism)
    I think so. I already have an offer from UCL but I think I'd enjoy Durham more. I really don't like the idea of living in London, especially as a student... Not sure why I applied tbh, didn't really think about it (or have time to think about it)

Career prospects would pretty much be the same whether I went to UCL or Durham tbh. Except if I wanted to get into IB, but the more I read about it the more I think that's a bad idea. It's easy to say you'd be willing to work 100+ hour weeks for several years now when your only commitments are going to school, but actually doing it... It would be such a miserable experience... Plus I have no interest in finance.

You thinking Durham for 2nd choice as well?

Spoiler:
    Show

If Durham reject me I will cry
    You applied for law right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4234930

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    You applied for law right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yup yup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student1256)
    How do you know it's a good movie then?

Damn, that's a level of crazy that I wasn't expecting 😂😂 well that's the main perk of being a YouTube star, you get a lot of fangirls. not always a good thing as they can get too crazy; don't worry you're not quite there yet (you're close though 😂)

I have Sony Vegas pro and I know how to edit and all. Usually for vlogs content is 50% and 50% how you present it. Also making sure not to overedit like some people is important

Yeah I definitely value a first more than YouTube success and I'm talking about the kind of YouTube success which Cambridge youtubers have achieved. Unless it's Casey Neistat level success I would value a first more 😂
    I've watched it many times before, but I don't think I could bring myself to watch it again until like 2019

It's not like I would try to touch or follow any Youtuber home I'm simply passionateabout many things :rofl: I snapchat Joe Binder sometimes

ok I swear I'm not actually creepy

That's good I'm more experienced with iMovie, it's probably easier for novices like me to use. You could always try vlogging for a couple days and see how it goes. Or try it at whichever university you go to! I don't blame you at all though, I think I'd take a first over moderate-scale Youtube success any day :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steliata)
    I'm subscribed to both but only really watch Joe's vlogs - Holly focuses too much on the food and not enough on Cambridge i think. But she's been doing useful information type videos over the holidays which I have watched. I like Joe better - I find his vlogs funny and I like the way he films them
    Yeah I liked her revising tip vlogs and "how I survived at Cambridge" video. I think she's definitely promoting the vegan lifestyle more than Cambridge, I can't tell if it's a Cambridge vlog or a vegan vlog Are you part of the #mossgang? I liked that Jake Wright's seem more natural, but I do think Joe is really talented at editing and he's pretty funny :lol:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.