Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    It's ok thank you!

St Andrews, UCL, or UMelbourne (still deciding, I have a lot of time: and I might reapply as well)

No problems, ya'll are really nice people, glad to hang around here!
    St Andrews is my ideal second choice too if I go overseas I spent time reading up on life at StA, the accomodation etc. to get myself sort of excited about studying there, so that I could hopefully cushion the disappointment should Cambridge reject me.

(Original post by jneill)
    They are notorious for rejecting applicants who then get offers at Oxbridge. StA seem to view the world a bit differently. (And before anyone jumps to conclusions, it's not *because* they are Oxbridge applicants.)
    I've heard comments about their unpredictable admissions floating about before, do you have a vague idea/theory of patterns in the way they accept and reject applicants, and why?

ReputationRep:
    wolfmoon88 gosh so sorry to hear this but I'm certain that you'll be great in whatever uni you go and be succesful and happy in whatever you do in the future sending virtual hugs :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Thank you , didn't know that, that many people enjoyed my posts. I assume that you are an applicant? if so good luck for tomorrow, will be on this thread with you guys!
    Yh I'm an applicant for engineering
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infested)
    I've heard comments about their unpredictable admissions floating about before, do you have a vague idea/theory of patterns in the way they accept and reject applicants, and why?
    Honestly no. I don't have personal experience of admissions there but I have seen good (and I mean VERY good) Cambridge offer holders getting StA rejections.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly no. I don't have personal experience of admissions there but I have seen good (and I mean VERY good) Cambridge offer holders getting StA rejections.
    I see, I've definitely heard rumours that they accept less home applicants in favour of higher fee-paying applicants from elsewhere. Don't know how true that could be though.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if St John's send letters or emails?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel58)
    Oooooh, big day! Hope it goes well, whatever it is

See, I literally haven't got mail since...like...um...no, I can't remember. I'm just excited to be getting a letter. Who cares if its a rejection...an actual letter...for me :excited:
    It's nothing that exciting - I'm also expecting my DBS certificate to prove I don't have a criminal record so that I can go on a sleepover with my Guide Unit (I'm a leader in training) at the start of next month, and I need to send a copy to my unit leader. But i can wait until the end of an day, unlike a Cambridge letter!

ReputationRep:
    I know a couple of very good NatScis who were rejected from there. Not a clue why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcedArizona)
    Reasons why I want to get in:

1) like memebridge posts without looking like a bitter applicant/reject who wishes to be part of such a hilarious community
    2) the uni isn't too bad I've heard
    Same haha, I've abstained from liking the page until I can be certain that I won't have to unlike it later on :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else actually unable to deal with this any more? I've been asked at least 50 times TODAY by people at sixth form (teachers and students) if i've heard. and my head of sixth form wants to catch up with me this afternoon, which is great except from the fact that I'm about to either scream at someone or burst into tears from how nervous i am at the moment.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Infested)
    St Andrews is my ideal second choice too if I go overseas I spent time reading up on life at StA, the accomodation etc. to get myself sort of excited about studying there, so that I could hopefully cushion the disappointment should Cambridge reject me.
    If I don't reapply, I am honestly pretty excited about St Andrews it has a leg up UCL at the moment! I am sure you'll be fine, Good luck tomorrow!

(Original post by czhang1998)
    wolfmoon88 gosh so sorry to hear this but I'm certain that you'll be great in whatever uni you go and be succesful and happy in whatever you do in the future sending virtual hugs :hugs:
    Thank you , I'll be ok! Good luck for tomorrow I hope so. :hugs:

(Original post by Alabatross)
    Yh I'm an applicant for engineering
    Good luck then!

ReputationRep:
    wolfmoon88 just saw the news, I'm terribly sorry to hear it. Hope you have an amazing time ahead of you no matter which university you'll end up choosing, and perhaps I'll get to meet you at St Andrews next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daniilS)
    wolfmoon88 just saw the news, I'm terribly sorry to hear it. Hope you have an amazing time ahead of you no matter which university you'll end up choosing, and perhaps I'll get to meet you at St Andrews next year
    So sorry to hear the news wolfmoon88

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayofsunshine98)
    Anyone else actually unable to deal with this any more? I've been asked at least 50 times TODAY by people at sixth form (teachers and students) if i've heard. and my head of sixth form wants to catch up with me this afternoon, which is great except from the fact that I'm about to either scream at someone or burst into tears from how nervous i am at the moment.
    Tell me about it. I only came to school for a single exam today, and I've already been asked by everyone ranging from classmates to the head teacher, there's so many people to disappoint ;-;

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't be happier to be out of school today as well.. Would be the exact same thing. I'm maybe more scared about the reaction my friends and teachers will have about a rejection than my reaction. They've helped so much and it sort of feels you're letting them down

ReputationRep:
    Tell me about it. I only came to school for a single exam today, and I've already been asked by everyone ranging from classmates to the head teacher, there's so many people to disappoint ;-;

Agreed! I've told people it's the 12th I should hear but they dont seem to get that!

(Original post by IcedArizona)
    Couldn't be happier to be out of school today as well.. Would be the exact same thing. I'm maybe more scared about the reaction my friends and teachers will have about a rejection than my reaction. They've helped so much and it sort of feels you're letting them down
    I know, my friends were amazing in convincing me to actually go to my interview (when I was sitting in Mcdonalds Cambridge not wanting to go!) and my teachers did so much to make sure i was ready for the AA and my interview, i dont want to let any of them down.

ReputationRep:
    School's finished for today... and so the wait begins.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Thank you I'll be ok eventually! I am sure that you will get an offer from Cambridge tomorrow so that won't happen, but if the worst happens I'll be happy to meet you at St Andrews next year. Good luck and I will be on this thread rooting for ya'll

So sorry to hear the news wolfmoon88
    It's ok , I kind of expected it so it wasn't that big of a surprise, perhaps I hoped for a bit too much. Good luck tomorrow! I'll be here rooting for ya'll!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you I'll be ok eventually! I am sure that you will get an offer from Cambridge tomorrow so that won't happen, but if the worst happens I'll be happy to meet you at St Andrews next year. Good luck and I will be on this thread rooting for ya'll

It's ok , I kind of expected it so it wasn't that big of a surprise, perhaps I hoped for a bit too much. Good luck tomorrow! I'll be here rooting for ya'll!
    Omg I'm so sorry to hear that (

Oxford's loss

ReputationRep:
    Agreed! I've told people it's the 12th I should hear but they dont seem to get that!

I know, my friends were amazing in convincing me to actually go to my interview (when I was sitting in Mcdonalds Cambridge not wanting to go!) and my teachers did so much to make sure i was ready for the AA and my interview, i dont want to let any of them down.
    I feel exactly the same But oh well no need for speculation, it has all already been decided, we'll see tomorrow ^^

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.