Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayofsunshine98)
    Anyone else actually unable to deal with this any more? I've been asked at least 50 times TODAY by people at sixth form (teachers and students) if i've heard. and my head of sixth form wants to catch up with me this afternoon, which is great except from the fact that I'm about to either scream at someone or burst into tears from how nervous i am at the moment.
    The same here only it is worse 'cause I am the first applicant to Cambridge from my school and all teachers ask me about the status of my application all the time + my father really thinks that there is a possibility they can write sooner and I have to explain to him that there is no possibility of that 😂 as a result of this my stress levels are really high

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In need of advice guys—got another exam tomorrow from ten to twelve UK time. Do I avoid checking my email and spend the exam in nervousness, or still check it in the morning and risk spending it in disappointment? Don't really know which one'd be worse..
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by jamestg)
    Omg I'm so sorry to hear that (

Oxford's loss
    Thank you for your commiserations! Nah, there are many quality applicants which is reflected on TSR, I am not surprised that I didn't get an offer.

Good luck for tomorrow, I am rooting for you all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daniilS)
    In need of advice guys—got another exam tomorrow from ten to twelve UK time. Do I avoid checking my email and spend the exam in nervousness, or still check it in the morning and risk spending it in disappointment? Don't really know which one'd be worse..
    I think it depends if you think that you'll be so nervous that you will have trouble focusing I would open the e-mail and think that at least one positive thing will come out of the day when you do great on the exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If it's a real exam focus on it. There's nothing you can do about Cambridge now, but your results in that exam are dependent on you being able to put everything else out of your mind.

If it's a mock **** it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    If it's a real exam focus on it. There's nothing you can do about Cambridge now, but your results in that exam are dependent on you being able to put everything else out of your mind.

If it's a mock **** it.
    Sadly it's a real one guess I'll just have to see how nervous I'll be feeling tomorrow morning

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck for tomorrow everyone- I remember what a mess I was last year waiting for the news. I hope some to see some of you in October

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    I know a couple of very good NatScis who were rejected from there. Not a clue why.
    It's interesting tho because they don't seem to have the most rigorous academic criteria, for example the chemistry offer is AAB for a 4 year BSc or AAA for a 3 year, which is pretty damn low for STEM at a good uni

ReputationRep:
    Sadly it's a real one guess I'll just have to see how nervous I'll be feeling tomorrow morning
    Whatever you decide good luck on your exam and on getting in

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm the first person in my family who applies to study in the UK, so I feel you😅

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrea7187)
    Whatever you decide good luck on your exam and on getting in

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you, good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcedArizona)
    I feel exactly the same But oh well no need for speculation, it has all already been decided, we'll see tomorrow ^^
    Yeah I know but I'm so panicky about it all - first science applicant from my school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrea7187)
    The same here only it is worse 'cause I am the first applicant to Cambridge from my school and all teachers ask me about the status of my application all the time + my father really thinks that there is a possibility they can write sooner and I have to explain to him that there is no possibility of that 😂 as a result of this my stress levels are really high

Yeah I know, my tutor is asking about the results of my application, having been to oxford himself, so he knows how it works. I'm literally so short-tempered at the moment.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Real exam or mock??

ReputationRep:
    Really good luck to all for tomorrow! Thank you for all the advice and entertainment everyone on this thread has provided over the last few months!!

ReputationRep:
    I get a day off tomorrow because it's the 11+ exam and year 6s will be hogging the main building. How poetic, they'll be nervous about getting into school whilst I'll be nervous about getting into Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayofsunshine98)
    Real exam or mock??
    A real one

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the approximate time when the results are released? Is it via email first or UCAS Track? The suspense is killing me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keefewayneteo)
    Does anyone know the approximate time when the results are released? Is it via email first or UCAS Track? The suspense is killing me.
    email first, track is updated a couple days later

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Will the letters be in the post by now? :sss

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.