The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pclhy
Do they email alphabetically? Given that I applied to a large college and my surname is pretty far back, I won't be getting my results for ages and no letter for me tmr since I'm international................

They do internationals first apparently.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vincrows
Here we go again. :
How many times you experience this every year, still nerve-wracking isn't it ? :s-smilie:

Yep! It was even a rollercoaster on The Other Place's thread.
Fingers, thumbs and toes crossed for tomorrow.
Original post by Replusz
which country?
im from hungary

Norway
Just popped in to say....

VERY BEST OF LUCK EVERYONE (inc. lurkers, de-lurkers and their son/daughter/etc....) TOMORROW! :smile:
Will keep my fingers and toes crossed for your happy results!

Spoiler

I like when people include toes :smile: they're always forgotten about.
And 😊 thank you
Attachment not found
This is a sign 😂😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CutieTootsie
My college says they send them out one by one. (A team of them I should say)

Maybe smaller colleges do that and bigger or semi bigger ones like trinity Hall Kings and trinity do the automated thing. Which would make sense as theyre sending out hundreds of emails, which can't be done one by one at least without extensive labour.
Original post by wolfmoon88
Hahaha I am glad that my posts entertain people enough so that they like me :biggrin:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Gold-Confetti
Currently at Peterborough waiting for a train to Cambridge for the dreaded reinterview. Safe to say it's bloody freezing. Good luck to everyone for tomorrow! Just remember, whenever you want to cry over waiting a few more hours, cast your thoughts to the folk being reinterviewed, we have to wait another week or something haha! I'm sure it'll work out, and if it doesn't, well, at least you can set your sights on a different, and probably still very good, university. 😊

Best of luck!! xx
Original post by Student1256
Oxford is so unorganised. Some of their applicants still haven't heard back 😂

I'm pretty sure Cambridge colleges are more organised and don't send offers one by one like Oxford and have an algorithm that sends all the emails, which have been prepared beforehand, at the exact same time. Since everyone has said their college emailed them at exactly 9 am last year. Hopefully this will be the case

Nope. You will see a very similar experience on this thread tomorrow. It's all a manual process, and some is outside the college's control (i.e. the post - there was one candidate last year who didn't get their decision for days... @physicsmaths (and they were a reapplicant)).

I know its stressful but, ahem, it is what it is.

Original post by Student1256
Maybe smaller colleges do that and bigger or semi bigger ones like trinity Hall Kings and trinity do the automated thing. Which would make sense as theyre sending out hundreds of emails, which can't be done one by one at least without extensive labour.

AFAIK none are automated.

cf. King's: "We will email the text of the decision letter to all applicants on Thursday (12 January). This will take us some time, so you may not receive your email until Thursday afternoon. Thank you for your patience."
i.e. It's not automated.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm too tired to handle tomorrow already...
Original post by Obiejess
The only other oxbridge applicant got rejected today, and his on paper application was much stronger than mine. Officially accepted my rejection.

Posted from TSR Mobile

FWIW, Oxford really don't care too much about the 'paper application', especially AS/A2 results, as long as you are predicted or have met the standard offer. From my rather extensive knowledge about Oxford/Cambridge application processes, I get the feeling that the interviews (sometimes up to four) in Oxford are generally far more important than the interview(s) in Cambridge.
They do internationals first apparently.

Posted from TSR Mobile

sh*t

Spoiler

Spoiler

So many people at my school got Oxford offers, including some of my closest friends and I'm so happy for them! Kind of makes me more nervous for tomorrow though. I don't know how I'll react to a rejection if I do get one. Will I accept it and move on or spend the next week rocking back and forth in the corner of my room...? No clue tbh.
@Murray Edwards Admissions

I was wondering if Murray Edwards sends out letters along with the email on the 12th and if they do, are letters only sent to those with offers? Also, do the DoSs/Tutors phone those with offers still and will that also happen on the 12th?
Original post by peaches1998
I just want the wait to be over so I can get on with travelling and getting excited for another uni

I need to rep you when I get on the website.
This post. Is everything.

I want to start getting excited for another uni if I get rejected.
Original post by CutieTootsie
I like when people include toes :smile: they're always forgotten about.
And 😊 thank you

Interesting fact for today: South Africans (and some others) say "Hold Thumbs!"
Yeah just the one, got rejected this morning. It was only us two and his grades were far superior to mine. It's fine to accept it, we both have Durham offers which is an excellent uni nonetheless.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You never know! Don't give up hope

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has everyone here only applied Russel group universities?

Plymouth is potentially my insurance (depending on how tomorrow goes) and I didn't realise how low they were on the league table. Oh well, their medical school is BOMB. #silverlining
Original post by IcedArizona
May Jesus (college) be your miracle :tongue:

:jebus::jebus::jebus:

Latest