Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcedArizona)
    Did you also forget some O's? Shame on you
    oh sorry didnt read properly....
    i thought he wasnt enthusiastic enough at interview (like me.....)
    sry again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca227)
    Any other Downing applicants just waiting for the inevitable rejection tomorrow?
    Me! Me me me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    If you are fished (i.e. offered) the fishing college will give you the decision.

Your original college *might* send (or post) a "good luck at [fishing college]" note a bit later.

If you are pooled but released back into the wild your original college will give you the news, and tell you you were pooled unsuccessfully.
    So if you applied to a college that sends emails to offer holders but got pooled and fished by a college that sends letters, you'll get a letter?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    PRSOM
    Yeah yeah some of us overachieve and always says fabulous things 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrugensisMum)
    I've spotted 2 on this thread ...
    I met one at Girton when I had my interview as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Replusz)
    oh sorry didnt read properly....
    i thought he wasnt enthusiastic enough at interview (like me.....)
    sry again
    Don't worry it was meant as a joke

ReputationRep:
    I feel like a letter with a different college crest on it might be nice so I could know that I've been given an offer before I have to actually read the letter
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christie_xx)
    So if you applied to a college that sends emails to offer holders but got pooled and fished by a college that sends letters, you'll get a letter?
    All colleges (afaik) send letters to Offer holders. But yeah whatever the communications procedure is for the fishng college is what they will do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcedArizona)
    Don't worry it was meant as a joke
    Yeah got it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peachykeen)
    I feel like a letter with a different college crest on it might be nice so I could know that I've been given an offer before I have to actually read the letter
    might start learning the college crests tonight just incase this happens haha

ReputationRep:
    Or an email with subject line "Offer from XYZ college", even better !!!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christie_xx)
    I'm feeling less nervous after talking to my brother. He reminded me that a part of it is down to chance - sometimes you've tried your best and you were good enough but you got unlucky. If you don't get an offer tomorrow then it doesn't mean you're not smart or talented and its not helpful for you to take it personally. Good luck everyone ❤️
    I just shed a tear reading this.
    Sigh, I blame my hormones.

ReputationRep:
    Having a bit of a panic because my mum's just told me that the post is only delivered once every two days in my area because there isn't much to deliver.. What if the letter isn't delivered tomorrow and I have to wait another day??!! I'll go crazy with anticipation:bawling:

ReputationRep:
    That is so true!! I have this fear of opening my email and initially thinking it says "congratulations" or something and getting excited, only to realise it's a rejection and that I misread it :eek:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insight314)
    Is this a ****ing sign or what lmao
    Yes. It's a sign you got an offer from Durham.
    Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liziepie)
    might start learning the college crests tonight just incase this happens haha
    Yup, lol

ReputationRep:
    Just gave my parents the lowdown on when it's not okay to call/text me:
    - if any non-Cambridge related post is addressed to me
    - if something from Catz is posted
    - if something with another college logo/stamp is posted
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarletttao)
    V grateful that Murray Edwards is taking the time to answer our questions!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Happy to help - it's a nerve wracking time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CutieTootsie)
    I just shed a tear reading this.
    Sigh, I blame my hormones.
    Ahah, don't worry I've cried way more than is acceptable already today :lol: Good luck, I hope you get an offer
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glad-he-ate-her)
    if you were fished as a medicine applicant, you wouldve hear by now as you`d be reinterviewed.
    Am i correct in assuming this?
    Nope. There's no specific need to reinterview medics. It's the same as for other courses. The original interview is usually enough.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.