Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A-level Economics new 7136 - 06, 13 & 19 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mande1724)
    You could say that they would produce at the socially optimal level, for example if there is a good or service being underproduce they will supply more of it because they are taking the positive externalities into account.
    Cheers! Wouldn't have thought of that :)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharmonraja)
    Any predictions as to what topics are going to come up in Paper 1?
    -UK housing crisis + interventions e.g. rent control
    -Obesity + interventions e.g. sugar tax
    -Rail nationalisation
    -UK energy market + interventions e.g. energy caps
    -Oligopolies, interventions etc.
    -Price mechanism/Europe freeze
    -Income inequality + interventions e.g. wage caps.
    -State provision
    -Privatisation/nationalisation debate

ReputationRep:
    Anybody got notes for behavioral economics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GGHarambe)
    Anybody got notes for behavioral economics?
    http://www.aqa.org.uk/resources/econ...ecision-making

This is from the aqa website under teaching resources for the new spec I think it's pretty useful goes through explanations as bullet pointed in the spec, they also have one for financial markets as well!

If not physicsandmathstutors had some pretty simple easy to understand notes and tutor2u

ReputationRep:
    Two days until the exam, Are you guys prepared? What topics do you think are more likely to come up? Even if this year is completely impossible to predict topics, some suggestions might help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabrina9956)
    Two days until the exam, Are you guys prepared? What topics do you think are more likely to come up? Even if this year is completely impossible to predict topics, some suggestions might help
    Pretty worried aswell, just revise as much as we can i guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharmonraja)
    Any predictions as to what topics are going to come up in Paper 1?

ReputationRep:
    How would you answer an environmental market failure question because I'm struggling with what structure I should follow, any tips?

ReputationRep:
    How would you answer an environmental market failure question because I'm struggling with what structure I should follow, any tips?

Define market failure
    Draw + explain market failure
    Policy(s) effect to correct + eval
    Market forces as an alternative
    Government failure

Like we did last year

Though it depends there's been some weird environmental market questions xD

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling nervous too feel like I'm not ready and today I did nothing and now I'm just watching the Manchester concert

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsamor)
    I'm feeling nervous too feel like I'm not ready and today I did nothing and now I'm just watching the Manchester concert
    Trust me, can't wait till exams are over...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsamor)
    Define market failure
    Draw + explain market failure
    Policy(s) effect to correct + eval
    Market forces as an alternative
    Government failure

Like we did last year

Though it depends there's been some weird environmental market questions xD
    Could you explain your point about 'Market forces as an alternative' - wouldnt that be the same as the market failure that exists.

ReputationRep:
    Trust me, can't wait till exams are over...
    I can't wait to actually live life and be free from stress you know xD

ReputationRep:
    How likely are you to get marks if what you write in your essay answer isn't mentioned in the 'relevant issues' bit of the mark scheme, even though you still feel what you wrote is relevant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theRAV)
    How likely are you to get marks if what you write in your essay answer isn't mentioned in the 'relevant issues' bit of the mark scheme, even though you still feel what you wrote is relevant?
    That's fine because there just some of relevant issues, as long as you have a clear explanation and there is relevance to the question it shouldn't be a problem

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any last minute tips?
    I can't seem to remember any market failure and gov intervention stuff :cry:

ReputationRep:
    That's fine because there just some of relevant issues, as long as you have a clear explanation and there is relevance to the question it shouldn't be a problem
    Okay good stuff thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BintM)
    Does anyone have any last minute tips?
    I can't seem to remember any market failure and gov intervention stuff :cry:
    Find all the past market failiure and government intervention questions and make plans for them. The questions tend to be very similar from year to year with just the context changed.

ReputationRep:
    Gonna start revising today for the micro exam tomorrow I reckon, anyone know what I should be revising or does anyone have any predictions on whats gonna be in the paper?

ReputationRep:
    which is more important - practising essays or revising content?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.