Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A-level Economics new 7136 - 06, 13 & 19 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion] Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Was actually pretty good, but context 1 4 marker was bit weird but hopefully got couple marks from bsing it

ReputationRep:
    Pretty good paper aside from the 4 and 9 marker on Context 1 which were worded weirdly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amukaty)
    Whay did everyone say for that 9 marker in context 1
    I said that they would like to deliver mail so that they are at the point MC=MR, but due to the regulation they are forced to deliver more regularly, so showed an increase in Q and showed that AC could be more than AR due to the inefficiencies etc etc waffle waffle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotKidding)
    Pretty good paper aside from the 4 and 9 marker on Context 1 which were worded weirdly.
    For the 9 maker did you write about higher costs of production...etc and how it lowers profit?

ReputationRep:
    On context A the first case study, what did everyone get for the 9 marker about the monopoly diagram for Royal Mail and how the obligations affect costs and price.I put how, having to deliver 6 days a week to multiple locations across the UK could increase AC, so showed this on a monopoly diagram shifting the AC upwards, and the abnormal profit being shrunk. Is this wrong?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do the legacy spec today?

ReputationRep:
    What did people put for context 2 9 and 25 markers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GGHarambe)
    For the 9 maker did you write about higher costs of production...etc and how it lowers profit?
    I did.. i said about labour costs and how they'd either need to employ more workers or extend the shifts of existing workers to deliver 6 days a week and how this is a cost of production and will increase ATC and lower profits.. I showed ATC shifting upwards but don't think that was right...

ReputationRep:
    Which was the 4 marker? was it the concentration ratio?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemmamcconville)
    On context A the first case study, what did everyone get for the 9 marker about the monopoly diagram for Royal Mail and how the obligations affect costs and price.I put how, having to deliver 6 days a week to multiple locations across the UK could increase AC, so showed this on a monopoly diagram shifting the AC upwards, and the abnormal profit being shrunk. Is this wrong?
    I did the same but I waffled too much

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zwatkins66)
    I did.. i said about labour costs and how they'd either need to employ more workers or extend the shifts of existing workers to deliver 6 days a week and how this is a cost of production and will increase ATC and lower profits.. I showed ATC shifting upwards but don't think that was right...
    Yeah, I did it very similar to you

ReputationRep:
    What essay did you guys answer?

ReputationRep:
    Which was the 4 marker? was it the concentration ratio?

No, concentration ratio was the 2 marker

From what I can remember I wrote about:

- Economies of scale (expanding output)
    - Pay workers higher wages for working on weekends
    - If other firms in the market don’t offer the same service, Royal Mail would be the entire market and therefore could raise prices/price discriminate (show S.N profit on diagram).

Really unsure about this particular question to be honest...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadiakassam)
    Did anyone do the legacy spec today?
    Hi,

I did the old ECON 3 paper today, how did you find it ?

ReputationRep:
    For the 9 marker on context A did anyone else draw a monopoly diagram with the MC and ATC shifting upwards?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I did it very similar to you
    That makes me feel a lot better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danllo)
    Hi,

I did the old ECON 3 paper today, how did you find it ?
    I thought it was ok, I did Context 2 and Essay 3 which ones did you do??

ReputationRep:
    Waht. My concept was so different

ReputationRep:
    OMG I wrote that thank god!!!!!!
    I wrote Royal Mail was only delivery service offering that option so it had monopoly power in that sense leading to increased supernormal profit
    No, concentration ratio was the 2 marker

From what I can remember I wrote about:

- Economies of scale (expanding output)
    - Pay workers higher wages for working on weekends
    - If other firms in the market don’t offer the same service, Royal Mail would be the entire market and therefore could raise prices/price discriminate (show S.N profit on diagram).

Really unsure about this particular question to be honest...

ReputationRep:
    i said because theyre forced to increase output it may cause economies of scale or may cause diseconomies of scale so cost increase

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.