Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SWISH99)
    yep
    What did u talk about for the 15 marker?

ReputationRep:
    I did essay 3! And I didn't put in about behavioural economic intervention was the needed?

ReputationRep:
    What did people put for the sugar tax 15 marker? Couldn't really see how to do a big chain, so ended up doing 4 little ones with a bit of setting the scene.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eleanor2307)
    what diagram did people draw for 25 mark on privatisation???
    Showed perfect comp diagram for my point saying consumers could benefit from increases in efficiency and competition and how they will only be making normal profit if this competition is made... but then went on to say the MES could be high and there may be barriers to entry so used the monopoly diagram and LRAC to illustrate what it would be like in that case

ReputationRep:
    I didn't use a diagram in my 25 marker on privatisation how many marks have I lost?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bkjsbcs)
    What did u talk about for the 15 marker?
    Showed the short run and long run diagrams and talked about why they change etc

Wbu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !:£:&'m)
    I didn't use a diagram in my 25 marker on privatisation how many marks have I lost?
    None, it didn't ask for one so you won't be losing any marks because of it, diagrams just help analysis, so I wouldn't worry

ReputationRep:
    Yh talked about how it leads to static efficincy and prices are driven down and as a result supernormal profits turn into normal profit in the LR

Wb the 25 marker?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SWISH99)
    Showed the short run and long run diagrams and talked about why they change etc

Wbu?

Yh talked about how it leads to static efficincy and prices are driven down and as a result supernormal profits turn into normal profit in the LR

Wb the 25 marker?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone write about oligopolies in the 25 marker on privatisation? I wrote about how privatisation could cause private sector monopolies...wasn't sure if I am right there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebigtommyowen)
    What did people put for the sugar tax 15 marker? Couldn't really see how to do a big chain, so ended up doing 4 little ones with a bit of setting the scene.
    I was the same, did one long point on MSC/MSB analysis with a diagram and then 2 or 3 small points on behavioural economics and asymmetric information

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone get for the 9 marker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R4J4N)
    Did anyone write about oligopolies in the 25 marker on privatisation? I wrote about how privatisation could cause private sector monopolies...wasn't sure if I am right there
    That's what I done , I said they could turn into weakly regulated monopolies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R4J4N)
    Yes!! I said that if the MES was high, then there was a chance there could be an oligopoly formed which could turn into a complex monopoly through collusion to reduce the uncertainty they face!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarghettoEnds321)
    That's what I done , I said they could turn into weakly regulated monopolies
    Did you talk about the drawbacks and benefits of a monopoly when you linked privatisation with monopolies? wasn't sure if I was right to do so

ReputationRep:
    I did essay 3! And I didn't put in about behavioural economic intervention was This needed? I'm scared ive Misread the question now I never saw this😭

ReputationRep:
    OHH MY GOSH, for the context 1 9 marker I wrote that costs increase because the firm has to operate for longer hours and needs to pay HIGHER RENTS like why didn't I think of wages as the most obvious thingg
    Also I didn't shift the AC curve - I said that production will move to AC = AR

ReputationRep:
    I felt I did the wrong diagram for section b essay 3 and did a higher msc instead of a lower msb. How many marks will this cost me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imogensmith123)
    I did essay 3! And I didn't put in about behavioural economic intervention was This needed? I'm scared ive Misread the question now I never saw this😭
    The question didn't mention behavioural economics, but the preamble did. As long as you assessed whether tax was the best policy then you're alright

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ssssssssaas)
    I felt I did the wrong diagram for section b essay 3 and did a higher msc instead of a lower msb. How many marks will this cost me?
    Can you find a picture of the diagram you did? How did you talk about it?

Diagrams aren't wrong unless you're talking about negative externalities in consumption, for example, and draw negative externalities in production as a diagram.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.