The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Economics new 7136 - 06, 13 & 19 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
I also mentioned that the gov should encourage young females to take STEM degrees so that their future wage prospects increase.
Original post by Kaasi
You drew the diagram which is wrong so thats -4. Your analysis is wrong because if you referred to your diagram, it would be wrong. so probably -14 or -15 if you are lucky. Dont worry tho

Surely it wouldn't be that many lost? Just for one small mistake plus I just talked about correcting 'the market failure from overconsumption'
Reply 402
Original post by Kaasi
You drew the diagram which is wrong so thats -4. Your analysis is wrong because if you referred to your diagram, it would be wrong. so probably -14 or -15 if you are lucky. Dont worry tho

What complete nonsense - questions are not marked in this way on the new specification Who ever taught you is incorrect to tell you there are a specific number of marks for a diagram
I wrote a lot on trade unions, including a monopsony trade union diagram. I then talked about the ACFTU in China and how trade unions can be bad then evaluated.

Then my second point was about NMW (that's changed to NLW) and how it will increase pay increase incentives but can cause everyone around to get an increase in pay and how men will be included as well. Then I said how the excess supply is bad but it may not actually happen in reality. Then I concluded
What do you think?
Original post by physicsamor
The reason why I don't like privatisation is that points are harder to develop in my opinion so I felt my essay wasn't as critical andwell evaluated

Same I just kept repeating myself in regards to it increasing efficiency and competition

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bennny
What complete nonsense - questions are not marked in this way on the new specification Who ever taught you is incorrect to tell you there are a specific number of marks for a diagram

So if I drew the wrong diagram but my analysis was correct I should be fine?
Reply 406
Original post by bennny

Look inside of any aqa economics mark-schemes you moron. You have to draw a diagram which is awarded only a certain amount of marks. Answers are limited without it. Also, witht he wrong diagram, the analysis would be incorrect. So there is no hope for that peasant
For anyone doing essay 3 the 15 marker I wrote about information failure and externalities. Then I went on to say about how to marginal utility is higher for most individuals from fizzing drinks? Then my final point was that it's an inferior good and due to the inequality in the U.K. The Low incomes families over consumed? What do you think of these points feel like they were weak
Reply 408
Original post by Kaasi
Look inside of any aqa economics mark-schemes you moron. You have to draw a diagram which is awarded only a certain amount of marks. Answers are limited without it. Also, witht he wrong diagram, the analysis would be incorrect. So there is no hope for that peasant

Shut up you stuck up prick

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 409
Original post by ademjh
Shut up you stuck up prick

You're just mad because you are an insolent self absorbed virgin
Reply 410
Original post by Ssssssssaas
Surely it wouldn't be that many lost? Just for one small mistake plus I just talked about correcting 'the market failure from overconsumption'

Don't worry you will not lose marks
For the context 1 9 marker I wrote that royal mail would produce where MC=MR for profit maximisation and that the universal post service requiring them to deliver 6 days a week would increase their output to where MC=AR so their allocatively efficient and to optimize consumer surplus? Can anybody tell me if I'm right or wrong???!!!
It is true that there are no specific marks for diagrams on the new mark schemes. In the old exam papers you used to get 2 marks for a correct diagram but this is no longer the case. The wrong diagram may weaken your analysis a bit but if you talked about externalities in consumption and used this to answer the question it should not be too damaging.
I think I did the same to I did a negative externality diagram isntead of demerit diagram but then when I applied it I said it shows the demerit good which has negative externalities because I got myself confused, would that be acceptable :frown:
Original post by ItsRoger
For the context 1 9 marker I wrote that royal mail would produce where MC=MR for profit maximisation and that the universal post service requiring them to deliver 6 days a week would increase their output to where MC=AR so their allocatively efficient and to optimize consumer surplus? Can anybody tell me if I'm right or wrong???!!!

This seems like a good answer to me.
Original post by cathartic
Same I just kept repeating myself in regards to it increasing efficiency and competition

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same but I forgot to talk about productive efficiency so annoyed man I didn't even know how to evaluate well but hopefully examiners disagree and like ours :biggrin:
For the context 1 9 marker I talked about variable costs rising because of wages and how they have to travel all the country etc, and explained how this will reduce the abnormal profits. But on my diagram I didn't shift the ATC/MC curves at all, I only showed reducing abnormal profit by simply moving their equilibrium further to the right. Anyone know if this could still work or whether my diagram just won't support it?
Original post by Ssssssssaas
So if I drew the wrong diagram but my analysis was correct I should be fine?

I did the same, I asked my teacher afterwards and she said Its likely to be level 3, perhaps low level 4 if my evaluation is very good. Don't worry too much if us 2 did, loads of others probably did the same thing :P
Original post by NotKidding
You don't lose marks for not having a diagram, you potentially gain marks for having one. It just helps illustrating what you're saying.

Really? I was told you always need one is that definitely true because whether I did well or not depends on that 25 marker
Original post by Gemmamcconville
On context A the first case study, what did everyone get for the 9 marker about the monopoly diagram for Royal Mail and how the obligations affect costs and price.I put how, having to deliver 6 days a week to multiple locations across the UK could increase AC, so showed this on a monopoly diagram shifting the AC upwards, and the abnormal profit being shrunk. Is this wrong?

I did the same!

Quick Reply

Latest