Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A-level Economics new 7136 - 06, 13 & 19 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ssssssssaas)
    I felt I did the wrong diagram for section b essay 3 and did a higher msc instead of a lower msb. How many marks will this cost me?
    You drew the diagram which is wrong so thats -4. Your analysis is wrong because if you referred to your diagram, it would be wrong. so probably -14 or -15 if you are lucky. Dont worry tho

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys get in Section B, the 2 mark question about working out the mean?

ReputationRep:
    The first 25 marker I did I forgot to do a diagram how many marks will that limit me, will it be around 4 lost for the diagram and an extra 3 for not explaining it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undergrad17)
    The first 25 marker I did I forgot to do a diagram how many marks will that limit me, will it be around 4 lost for the diagram and an extra 3 for not explaining it?
    You don't lose marks for not having a diagram, you potentially gain marks for having one. It just helps illustrating what you're saying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotKidding)
    Can you find a picture of the diagram you did? How did you talk about it?

Diagrams aren't wrong unless you're talking about negative externalities in consumption, for example, and draw negative externalities in production as a diagram.
    Yeah I still talked about negative externalities in consumption , talking about how obesity was bad for society I just got mixed up between msc and costs to society 🙁🙁🙁

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundary prediction

A* 66
    A 59

ReputationRep:
    I also mentioned that the gov should encourage young females to take STEM degrees so that their future wage prospects increase.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaasi)
    You drew the diagram which is wrong so thats -4. Your analysis is wrong because if you referred to your diagram, it would be wrong. so probably -14 or -15 if you are lucky. Dont worry tho
    Surely it wouldn't be that many lost? Just for one small mistake plus I just talked about correcting 'the market failure from overconsumption'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaasi)
    What complete nonsense - questions are not marked in this way on the new specification Who ever taught you is incorrect to tell you there are a specific number of marks for a diagram

ReputationRep:
    I wrote a lot on trade unions, including a monopsony trade union diagram. I then talked about the ACFTU in China and how trade unions can be bad then evaluated.

Then my second point was about NMW (that's changed to NLW) and how it will increase pay increase incentives but can cause everyone around to get an increase in pay and how men will be included as well. Then I said how the excess supply is bad but it may not actually happen in reality. Then I concluded
    What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsamor)
    The reason why I don't like privatisation is that points are harder to develop in my opinion so I felt my essay wasn't as critical andwell evaluated
    Same I just kept repeating myself in regards to it increasing efficiency and competition

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bennny)
    What complete nonsense - questions are not marked in this way on the new specification Who ever taught you is incorrect to tell you there are a specific number of marks for a diagram
    So if I drew the wrong diagram but my analysis was correct I should be fine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bennny)
    Look inside of any aqa economics mark-schemes you moron. You have to draw a diagram which is awarded only a certain amount of marks. Answers are limited without it. Also, witht he wrong diagram, the analysis would be incorrect. So there is no hope for that peasant

ReputationRep:
    For anyone doing essay 3 the 15 marker I wrote about information failure and externalities. Then I went on to say about how to marginal utility is higher for most individuals from fizzing drinks? Then my final point was that it's an inferior good and due to the inequality in the U.K. The Low incomes families over consumed? What do you think of these points feel like they were weak

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaasi)
    Look inside of any aqa economics mark-schemes you moron. You have to draw a diagram which is awarded only a certain amount of marks. Answers are limited without it. Also, witht he wrong diagram, the analysis would be incorrect. So there is no hope for that peasant
    Shut up you stuck up prick

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=ademjh;71921876]Shut up you stuck up prick

You're just mad because you are an insolent self absorbed virgin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ssssssssaas)
    Surely it wouldn't be that many lost? Just for one small mistake plus I just talked about correcting 'the market failure from overconsumption'
    Don't worry you will not lose marks

ReputationRep:
    For the context 1 9 marker I wrote that royal mail would produce where MC=MR for profit maximisation and that the universal post service requiring them to deliver 6 days a week would increase their output to where MC=AR so their allocatively efficient and to optimize consumer surplus? Can anybody tell me if I'm right or wrong???!!!

ReputationRep:
    It is true that there are no specific marks for diagrams on the new mark schemes. In the old exam papers you used to get 2 marks for a correct diagram but this is no longer the case. The wrong diagram may weaken your analysis a bit but if you talked about externalities in consumption and used this to answer the question it should not be too damaging.

ReputationRep:
    I think I did the same to I did a negative externality diagram isntead of demerit diagram but then when I applied it I said it shows the demerit good which has negative externalities because I got myself confused, would that be acceptable

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.