Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A-level Economics new 7136 - 06, 13 & 19 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSAntidote)
    Hey, I was just going through what I needed to cover in each AS unit. I'm not sure whether this specification is the one I'm using, it says new economics so I'm assuming it is

I want to know if we have to know about Consumer/producer surplus or Barter system? I don't see it listed here, but my teacher has covered it in school. Can someone clear this up please?

NEW AQA AS ECONOMICS Specification: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/econo...market-failure
    Consumer and producer surplus you should definitely know and as far as barter system is concerned I don't think we really need to know it - we do, however, need to know about money e.g. properties money needs to have etc. Great to know as much as possible thought tbh because you can bring stuff from outside of the spec into your essays and you will still get credit for it.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

How likely do people think the topic of "Brexit" will come up?

I've been hearing that it's quite unlikely due to the timing of Brexit and the timing of exams being written and processed.

ReputationRep:
    I am more or less done with the majority of topics (notes wise) except for the new big finance topic which I hate and the Labour market unit. Need to revisit a lot of things though.

I am using the textbook and lesson ppts and any online resources I can find. I might buy the cgp revision guide to just double check everything. I quite like the textbook not for like explanations of diagrams as it tends to overcomplicate things but its really useful with quantitative analysis and also evaluation. Plus the questions are pretty good to do for practice (though I am yet to do them) they seem hard so they are pretty useful plus there's answers to check (there's a link you have to use to download them )

ReputationRep:
    In the As last year i got 126/140 raw marks

Do you think this will be enough for an A* if i was to get the same this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by citibankrec)
    In the As last year i got 126/140 raw marks

Do you think this will be enough for an A* if i was to get the same this year
    You really can't compare it or tell. To even try to guess is futile. AS exams: 2 papers each out of 70. A2 exams: 3 papers each out of 80. The structure of the papers at AS and A2 are different, the content obviously is different. The A2 places much more emphasis on your ability to write essays.

126/140 shows you did well at AS though, so best of luck - I'm sure you'll do great!

ReputationRep:
    how are you guys preparing for MCQ? (paper 3 not AS :P)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamcat)
    Right, so obviously knowing the content is essential. There is also a specimen paper on the AQA website (in case you haven't already seen it). Basically all I can really suggest is that knowing the content inside-out is an absolute must. If you know it, you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamcat)
    This has reminded me that I have a mock on paper 3 on wednesday which I'm not ready for.

There's a practise paper in my textbook and multiple choice that I will use.

You can also try to make a list of micro and macro consequences for specific units, I think things like the Labour market and globalisation have a lot of cross-cutting themes

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here got any tips for timing? My level of content knowledge is A/A* and I am close to having learnt the whole course. However, the timing for the A2 papers are absolute killer. 1 hour to do- 2 mark maths, 4 mark comparison, 9 mark explain and 25 mark essay and then 1 hour to do 15 mark explain and 25 mark essay. In 2 hours you are looking at roughly- 18 paragraphs. So 9 paragraphs in an hour. Long meaty paragraphs with diagrams. I am yet to be able to Finnish in an hour and go way over and in my mock, though I got a B in february, I did not Finnish conclusions etc which prevented me from scoring higher.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a list of 15/25 mark macro and micro essay titles?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BintM)
    Does anyone have a list of 15/25 mark macro and micro essay titles?
    No, but I would really appreciate this too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nadine_08)
    No, but I would really appreciate this too!
    Lol I've hardly done any practice essays and now im in panic mode.
    Are you using the old spec papers to revise as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BintM)
    Lol I've hardly done any practice essays and now im in panic mode.
    Are you using the old spec papers to revise as well?
    I haven't done any papers/practice questions!

I'm literally still doing notes...

ReputationRep:

Well its not only me then...
    I'm still revising micro and have hardly touched macro.
    I dont even know what to do with my life :rofl:

Lets help motivate each other :yep:

ReputationRep:

Lol same I just keep pushing off the notes. The only questions are done are from mocks and essay questions that were homework. I've still got to finish the Labour market and the financial bit as well as rewriting a tonne of notes. But don't worry it's not too late,in fact it's best to past papers nearer to the end when you have learnt everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsamor)
    Lol same I just keep pushing off the notes. The only questions are done are from mocks and essay questions that were homework. I've still got to finish the Labour market and the financial bit as well as rewriting a tonne of notes. But don't worry it's not too late,in fact it's best to past papers nearer to the end when you have learnt everything
    Thanks for the reassurance! I'm gonna try my best to finish all my notes before May...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BintM)
    Well its not only me then...
    I'm still revising micro and have hardly touched macro.
    I dont even know what to do with my life :rofl:

Lets help motivate each other :yep:
    yeppp we can do thisssss

ReputationRep:
    Let's all discuss past paper questions and make model answers here please.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hahahahahahahahahaha i've done absolutely nothing, please send help fast

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iwokeuplate)
    hahahahahahahahahaha i've done absolutely nothing, please send help fast
    *sends help*
    Though doing nothing is not the same as knowing nothing so you'll be alright

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.