Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A-level Economics new 7136 - 06, 13 & 19 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamcat)
    deffo globalisation - wasn't in the spec or last years paper
    maybe interventionist vs market based policies for Econ development - was added to the new spec I believe
    also a question on how something affects macroeconomic performance e.g. discuss the affect of rising oil prices on the macroeconomic performance of an economy - my teacher thinks these kind of qs are most likely to come up
    Need to go over econ development then :O
    Rising oil prices would kill me hate those questions

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the section B essay questions for AQA specimen 2015 paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemmamcconville)
    Supply side policies is anything which aims to enhance economic performance and potential, whether this be interventionist or non-interventionist. So yes an interventionist supply side policy of spending on education and training would help to increase human capital which would improve our productivity, which may lead to increases in economic growth and development. Other supply side policies may include non-interventionist supply side policies such as deregulation, as this would promote competition so increase new business start ups and so increase our productive potential and push our LRAS or our PPF.
    Hope this helps
    thanks for replying!

I was just confused was the only example of a "supply side fiscal" policy my textbook gave was a reduction in taxes. Surely spending on training and education if also both fiscal and supply side.

ReputationRep:
    deffo globalisation - wasn't in the spec or last years paper
    maybe interventionist vs market based policies for Econ development - was added to the new spec I believe
    also a question on how something affects macroeconomic performance e.g. discuss the affect of rising oil prices on the macroeconomic performance of an economy - my teacher thinks these kind of qs are most likely to come up
    what types of questions do you think they could ask on globalisation?

Advantages/disadvantages for developed countries such as the UK?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't seen any questions on advantages/disadvantages of floating exchange rates in the specimen paper either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SWISH99)
    what types of questions do you think they could ask on globalisation?

Advantages/disadvantages for developed countries such as the UK?
    well they only really ask ad/dis of globalisation which is sometimes rephrased as the economic effects of globalisation - and yes either on developed or developing economies or sometimes they ask for both in the same q and you just need to be careful to mention which type of economy benefits for each of the points you are discussing

ReputationRep:
    I haven't seen any questions on advantages/disadvantages of floating exchange rates in the specimen paper either
    I think last year one of the q's were assess the use of monetary policy on deciding the exchange rate (something like that)
    which is basically a question on whether the exchange rate should be fixed - where you would argue for and against and the advantages of having a floating rate
    so I dunno if that or something similar would come up again

ReputationRep:
    I think floating exchange rates, balance of payments and globalisation (including aid) will come up.

ReputationRep:
    Context 1 - Prediction

Context 2 - Prediction

Essay 1,2,3 - Predictions

Let's try and get these right !

ReputationRep:
    Would microfinance come under the umbrella of an interventionist strategy to improve economic development?

What are some examples of free market strategies vs interventionist strategies for econ development

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsamor)
    Would microfinance come under the umbrella of an interventionist strategy to improve economic development?

What are some examples of free market strategies vs interventionist strategies for econ development
    free market -
    trade liberalisation
    removal of regulations to make FDI more attractive

interventionist-
    trade barriers to protect economy
    investment in infrastructure
    subsidies for firms

ReputationRep:
    free market -
    trade liberalisation
    removal of regulations to make FDI more attractive

interventionist-
    trade barriers to protect economy
    investment in infrastructure
    subsidies for firms
    thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    what do you guys think were the grade boundaries for an A/A* for micro?

ReputationRep:
    Decisions on joining the Euro to come up ?

ReputationRep:
    what do you guys think were the grade boundaries for an A/A* for micro?
    I reckon 62 for an A and 68 for an A*.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AD490995)
    I reckon 62 for an A and 68 for an A*.
    yeah that's what i was thinking

ReputationRep:
    what did people do for the 4 marker on context A of paper 1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemmamcconville)
    Hopefully i get some marks for it. I chose the unhealthy food and drink one about tax being the best policy for reducing the market failure
    Did you mention behavioural policies like choice architecture as an alternative for a tax?

ReputationRep:
    what do you need for an a*?

ReputationRep:
    is an increase in efficiency a source of comparative advanatge or absolute advantage?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.