Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A-level Economics new 7136 - 06, 13 & 19 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsamor)
    Lol I think I'm going to call an early night and head off to sleep, I however feel unprepared but honestly can't wait to do it.
    Mental note to self: (nneed to makesure I know this)
    What is the presbisch-singer hypothesis?
    Pros and Cons of aid.
    Eval of one nterventionist and one market policy
    What is the Harrod domar model
    Types of supply side policies
    globalisation to the UK
    Costs of globalisation to ledcs
    Reasons for the UK CAD
    Effects of QE
    Comparative advantages and benefits of free trade
    Benefits of the single market
    Benefits of a monetary union
    Floating/fixed exchange rates

I basically have the whole course rip but hopefully I'll go over these tomorrow 😊
    Looking about the same for me. Im going just a bit longer on the main ideas throughout Macro, before smashing through the hardcore content in the morning along with EconPlusDals prediction topics. best of luck

ReputationRep:
    During deflation how does real wages rise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BintM)
    During deflation how does real wages rise?
    Real wages are wages - inflation.

If inflation is negative, then real wages = Wages - (-inflation)

Therefore real wages rise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommartin29)
    Real wages are wages - inflation.

If inflation is negative, then real wages = Wages - (-inflation)

Therefore real wages rise.
    Oh yeah lol 2am revision didn't do my brain any help😒
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    so ****ing unprepared fuk fuk fuk

ReputationRep:
    If they actually do something sneaky with financial markets imma cry as I made the decision not to go over it

ReputationRep:
    One thing I hope doesn't come up is a context question somewhere along the lines of "Evaluate the usefulness of a fixed exchange rate as opposed to a floating exchange rate"
    And then the second context on whether or not it would be beneficial for EU enlargement

If that happens then I've failed hands down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsamor)
    If they actually do something sneaky with financial markets imma cry as I made the decision not to go over it
    Current account deficit pls come up 🙁

Good luck guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arran1109)
    One thing I hope doesn't come up is a context question somewhere along the lines of "Evaluate the usefulness of a fixed exchange rate as opposed to a floating exchange rate"
    And then the second context on whether or not it would be beneficial for EU enlargement

If that happens then I've failed hands down
    this is a very unlikely q - last year there was a similar q on whether the monetary policy should be used to decided exchange rate........ a.k.a. should the exchange rate be fixed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BintM)
    Current account deficit pls come up 🙁

Good luck guys
    Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Okay those 25mks were amazing!!! Context 2 essay 1 is what I did

ReputationRep:
    Questions were good but I ran out of time

ReputationRep:
    For the 25 marker on current account deficit reduction policies I completely forgot to talk about supply side policies, i wrote about contractionary fiscal policy (expenditure reducing), devaluation (expenditure reducing) and tariffs. How badly will I get penalised for forgetting supply side?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiamHutchings)
    For the 25 marker on current account deficit reduction policies I completely forgot to talk about supply side policies, i wrote about contractionary fiscal policy (expenditure reducing), devaluation (expenditure reducing) and tariffs. How badly will I get penalised for forgetting supply side?
    I did the same, the question was broad and didn't specify any particular policy. As long as you showed good understanding, application and evaluation then you should still be able to reach the top mark band

ReputationRep:
    India context people what did you write for the 25 marker?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiamHutchings)
    If the question didn't ask for Supply Side Policies you cannot get penalised. Devaluation is an expenditure switching policy.

ReputationRep:
    Better than expected. Probably waffled on too much.
    Did context 2 and essay 2

ReputationRep:
    Any financial markets question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BintM)
    Did context 2 and essay 2
    Same

What did you write for the 15 marker on patterns of trade?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arran1109)
    Okay those 25mks were amazing!!! Context 2 essay 1 is what I did
    Same! What type of stuff did you write?

For first one I was like explained what devaluation was and monetary policy
    How interest rates can tackle deflation then evaluated that and spoke about QE a bit and then fiscal policy alternative but then I said how Good deflation doesn't necessarily need to have any policy implemented on it cause it's good then overall evaluation like it depends on confidence future espectationd and like initial level of economic activity

Essay 1
    Explained unemployment and talked about other policies and then said 4.6% unemployment lowest in 40 years
    then Spoke about how it can lead to inflation but also depends on level of economic activity therefore not inevitable will lead to conflict
    Good for economic growth
    Can increase budget deficit in short run but can reduce in long run
    and then overall evaluation

How about you? 😊😊

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.