Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A-level Economics new 7136 - 06, 13 & 19 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion] Watch

ReputationRep:
    No I mean for the 25 marker

ReputationRep:
    If the last 50 markers are based around financial markets then I've failed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keynes24)
    (%change in price x weight + percentage change in price x weight) / (adding all weights)
    So the answer should be 110

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akay111)
    If the last 50 markers are based around financial markets then I've failed.
    Now's your chance to learn it!!! All the topics I skipped im revising because I have done the revision for everything else

ReputationRep:
    finance and behavioral economics chapters is horrendous for me, for paper 1 i think i got an A, paper 2 HOPEFULLY A*, and for paper 3 idk the layout, structure, techniques, literally have to recap micro and macro all over the weekend

ReputationRep:
    find the behavioral stuff beyond useless

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuggetsarelife)
    finance and behavioral economics chapters is horrendous for me, for paper 1 i think i got an A, paper 2 HOPEFULLY A*, and for paper 3 idk the layout, structure, techniques, literally have to recap micro and macro all over the weekend
    I want to think I got an A but my 9 and 15 markers were both weak in both papers so it all depends on them 0_0 probably flopped :/

Yeah I hate financial markets im just watching econdalplus haha I would recap it all but I have maths the next day so priority, don't feel nervous. Everyone is not used to paper 3 so you aren't the only one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsamor)
    I want to think I got an A but my 9 and 15 markers were both weak in both papers so it all depends on them 0_0 probably flopped :/

Yeah I hate financial markets im just watching econdalplus haha I would recap it all but I have maths the next day so priority, don't feel nervous. Everyone is not used to paper 3 so you aren't the only one
    Do we not get a choice of what context we answer in paper 3? :eek:

ReputationRep:

yeah worst thing is that we haven't had a teacher all year for macro so we self taught, i get the idea of the finance chapter, when it comes to regulation and market failure, it flies over my head

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BintM)
    Do we not get a choice of what context we answer in paper 3? :eek:
    unfortunately there's only one context but you do get given sufficient extracts which give you clues on what to write

ReputationRep:
    unfortunately there's only one context but you do get given sufficient extracts which give you clues on what to write
    I feel sad now, I thought i'd be fine as well :facepalm:
    Need to do some serious revision now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuggetsarelife)
    yeah worst thing is that we haven't had a teacher all year for macro so we self taught, i get the idea of the finance chapter, when it comes to regulation and market failure, it flies over my head
    oh wow ×-× I mean even with my teacher teaching me I still don't get it haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemmamcconville)
    This really clears things up so thanks! just one thing, I am unsure of how insurance premiums can link into financial markets? I though adverse selection was a problem with private health etc. So what is it to do with banks and the financial market?
    Just because it isn't stocks and shares doesn't mean its not financial markets. Insurance schemes are financial products. If this still doesn't sit right with you then you can think of insurance given out to financial institutions to protect them from losses as the same thing. This happened in the financial crisis where banks bought CDS (credit default swaps) to limit their losses, but premiums rose as a result of asymmetric information.

Also banks have insurance departments, insurance is just a different type of financial markets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BintM)
    I feel sad now, I thought i'd be fine as well :facepalm:
    Need to do some serious revision now
    You will be fine!! Last exam final push!

ReputationRep:
    Okay I think the markscheme for this question is wrong or I'm just tired. The question is calculating xed. The simplified version is that demand for good x increases from 200 to 3300 when prices for good y increase from 1.5% to 9%

The answer is 0.30

But I can't get that
    It's asked to calculate xed for good x

I am using new demand-old demand /old demand x 100 for the % change in demand is that wrong?

Maybe I'm turning crazy hahA

ReputationRep:
    I messed up my macro exam so bad Legit so upset and feel sick thinking about it tbh, I need an A in economics as well to get into uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebeccams)
    I messed up my macro exam so bad Legit so upset and feel sick thinking about it tbh, I need an A in economics as well to get into uni.
    I relate i honestiy can't afford to get anything but an A because I will berejected but I just honestly don't think I will. Plus I don't even think my answers were legible but you have to try and think positive there's still one more paper!

ReputationRep:
    I really don't think aqa would be so abrupt in introducing financial markets
    you would think they would ease in into the syllabus:
    e.g.
    first introduce it into the section 2 of the macro paper so students have a choice of picking it
    then maybe introduce it into one of the context questions so students are more narrowed in choice
    then perhaps introduce it into paper three

ReputationRep:
    I really don't think aqa would be so abrupt in introducing financial markets you would think they would ease in into the syllabus: e.g. first introduce it into the section 2 of the macro paper so students have a choice of picking it then maybe introduce it into one of the context questions so students are more narrowed in choice then perhaps introduce it into paper three

ReputationRep:
    Can some help me please. So if financial markets came up, I understand micro for example market failures and gov failures, but when speaking about macro would it be right to talk about credit crunch and systemic risk as in if we have a meltdown of financial system it will cause potential reccesion, fall in AD, fall in real GDP, Unemployment and potentially deflation? is there any other macro links to financial markets, not sure how to use monetary policy in the right context.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.