Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A-level Economics new 7136 - 06, 13 & 19 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kajraj_14)
    im so ****ed if micro questions come up
    I don't think the questions are either macro or micro, I think they are on both so you have to include both micro and macro elements in your answer :/

ReputationRep:
    What did everybody points did you guys go with for essay 2 in section B on the macro paper?

It was the question about the balance of payment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JWKelly99)
    What did everybody points did you guys go with for essay 2 in section B on the macro paper?

Such a long time ago haha it was current account deficit? Right
    Just talked about increasing taxes/reducing goverment spending
    Currency manipulation
    Supply side policies
    For the 15 marker
    Compartive advantage and deindustrilisation and then poorly explained the eu and exchange rates. Didn't right much

Focus on paper 3 dude !!! I'm sure whatever you wrote was good

ReputationRep:
    whats the structure for 10 15 and 25 marker

ReputationRep:

contractionary monetary, contractionary fiscal
    depreciation, protectionism
    supply side

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsamor)
    Such a long time ago haha it was current account deficit? Right
    Just talked about increasing taxes/reducing goverment spending
    Currency manipulation
    Supply side policies
    For the 15 marker
    Compartive advantage and deindustrilisation and then poorly explained the eu and exchange rates. Didn't right much

Focus on paper 3 dude !!! I'm sure whatever you wrote was good
    What did you say for the currency manipulation?

And I am just curious about what everybody else wrote 😂

ReputationRep:
    What did you say for the currency manipulation?

And I am just curious about what everybody else wrote 😂
    It would devalue the curreny -> explained this then evaluated with j-curve and Marshall learner. That's literally why I chose to write about it xD I think I talked about cost push inflation as well if imports prices rised and applied it to the UK economy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsamor)
    It would devalue the curreny -> explained this then evaluated with j-curve and Marshall learner. That's literally why I chose to write about it xD I think I talked about cost push inflation as well if imports prices rised and applied it to the UK economy.

1. whats the structure for 10 15 and 25 marker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuggetsarelife)
    1. whats the structure for 10 15 and 25 marker
    10 mark I would compare similar to a 4 mark where you have to compare the data in the extract
    3-4 points
    15 marker like a 15 marker for micro/macro
    Only you have to have micro and macro effects
    25 marker - you are for or against pick one write why but you must include arguments as to why the other side would be justified. Use the data to support your evaluation. Write it like a 25 marker micro + macro effects
    I think that's about right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FTSE420)
    Fair play mate. That's a good counter although I would'nt have had the time to discuss it lol. How you feeling for paper 3 + are you doing econ at uni?
    Bit apprehensive due to lack of past papers, but just gunna trust my knowledge. I am banking on financial markets, no pun intended.

Yes, LSE - are you doing econ at uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuggetsarelife)
    whats the structure for 10 15 and 25 marker
    10 Marker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlqCRVbE0mg
    The 15 & 25 markers should be structured the same as in paper 1 & 2

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions of what might come up? I'm thinking the housing crisis and or financial markets

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm worried as on section 2 essay B on the macro paper my mind went black for the 15 marker patterns of trade. I ended up writing this:In a recession means people spend less on imports and exports could increaseIn a boom there will be more Imports and less exportsBasically these cause pattern of tradeI wrote about something else which I can't remember but I was worried about these two as I'm not sure if they are completely irrelevant.What do you all think?

ReputationRep:
    anyone ****ed for tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please provide me with the second specimen paper 3? If not then just the questions would do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minaddy1)
    I'm worried as on section 2 essay B on the macro paper my mind went black for the 15 marker patterns of trade. I ended up writing this:In a recession means people spend less on imports and exports could increaseIn a boom there will be more Imports and less exportsBasically these cause pattern of tradeI wrote about something else which I can't remember but I was worried about these two as I'm not sure if they are completely irrelevant.What do you all think?
    it's not wrong, but did you relate it to the UK?

(Original post by luciferhf)
    anyone ****ed for tomorrow
    Aren't we all haha

(Original post by LouisB18)
    Can someone please provide me with the second specimen paper 3? If not then just the questions would do.
    Here you go:
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdfSECOND SET - SOURCE BOOKLET A LEVEL PAPER 3 7136.3.pdf (37.3 KB, 23 views)
  2. File Type: pdfSECOND SET - QP Econ AL Paper 3 120115 AMMENDED 14 JUNE .pdf (865.4 KB, 35 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minaddy1)
    The first point about cyclical trade is ok as long as you explained it well enough

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouisB18)
    Second set of specimen papers are attached below
    Attached Images
  3. File Type: pdfPaper 3 Second Set Question Paper.pdf (865.4 KB, 12 views)
  4. File Type: pdfSECOND SET - SOURCE BOOKLET A LEVEL PAPER 3 7136.3.pdf (37.3 KB, 11 views)
  5. File Type: pdfPAPER 3 SECOND SET MARK SCHEME.pdf (131.8 KB, 36 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kitboy738)
    The first point about cyclical trade is ok as long as you explained it well enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I explained everything well with the right knowledge I just wasn't sure if it was the actual answer they were Looking for as everyone else seemed to say something else

ReputationRep:
    Would it be fair to say that NMW and globalisation/FDI won't come up since they were in the specimens?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.