Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A-level Economics new 7136 - 06, 13 & 19 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion] Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nellythumper)
    The textbook? I'm doing those tomorrow to get my brain in gear.
    Yeah the mcqs of macro section... qs 6. I dont know the anws to it.... couldnt find any mark scheme for it either... i guess let me know what u think the anws is... ty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sap434)
    Yeah the mcqs of macro section... qs 6. I dont know the anws to it.... couldnt find any mark scheme for it either... i guess let me know what u think the anws is... ty
    Macro MCQ answers for AS book is:
    b
    b
    b
    c
    d
    c
    b
    b
    b
    c
    Macro MCQ answer for A2 book is:
    b
    b
    a
    a
    b
    a
    d
    c
    c
    b
    My teacher marked them

ReputationRep:
    Not looking forward to multiple choice it's the one thing I strangely can never do
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    This paper I really need to nail because I messed up on Micro and made some silly errors on Macro. Struggled for 2 years in economics and this paper is literally my enemy, never been good at multiple choice and I'm worried the 25 maker will be on one of my weakest areas.. no matter how many times I go over poverty, globalisation, protectionism or markets I just can't get it round my head or retain the information.
    I'm hoping for a miracle right now..

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundaries for a U?

ReputationRep:
    Remember guys we want low grade boundaries for this paper

(Pls pls)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuggetsarelife)
    Grade boundaries for a U?
    your username is so precious, i love it *cries of joy*

ReputationRep:
    Good luck guys, we can do this! Last economics exam :woo:

(Original post by physicsamor)
    Remember guys we want low grade boundaries for this paper

(Pls pls)
    :rofl:

Already messed up the first 2 papers can't contribute to lowering the grade boundaries for the third one too!! :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BintM)
    Good luck guys, we can do this! Last economics exam :woo:

:rofl:

Already messed up the first 2 papers can't contribute to lowering the grade boundaries for the third one too!! :laugh:
    You will smash it!!
    I just hate multiple choice

ReputationRep:
    You will smash it!!
    I just hate multiple choice
    After doing the speciman papers, they're my strongest from the whole paper lol. Just need to read the question really carefully, you can do this dont worry
    Any tips on writing the 25 marker?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BintM)
    After doing the speciman papers, they're my strongest from the whole paper lol. Just need to read the question really carefully, you can do this dont worry
    Any tips on writing the 25 marker?
    Use the data as evaluation, there is no wrong answer as long as you justify it
    You need to lean to one side more than the other 2 points for 1 against etc

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Use the data as evaluation, there is no wrong answer as long as you justify it
    You need to lean to one side more than the other 2 points for 1 against etc

Good luck!
    Oh I didn't know that, in the conclusion do I have to justify one answer?

You too! We can do this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SWISH99)
    is fdi part of the current account or the capital account?
    The best thing to do is ignore the capital account as it is such a minute part of the balance of payments, Rather, focus on the current account and financial account. The current account measures the total value of goods, services, investment income and transfers flowing in an out of an economy. The financial account measures the total value of financial assets flowing in and out of an economy. Hence, it includes portfolio investment, FDI and hot money flows. Remember, a current account deficit will mean a financial account surplus. This is because if there is a deficit in the current account, money will be required to fund this. Therefore, the uk government will be giving foreigners more claim on UK assets which causes a financial account surplus. Hence, an evaluative point about this is that the deficit counters the surplus which would mean that the balance of payments is always balanced.
    Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BintM)
    Oh I didn't know that, in the conclusion do I have to justify one answer?

You too! We can do this
    I think so not too sure tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemmamcconville)
    Macro MCQ answers for AS book is:
    b
    b
    b
    c
    d
    c
    b
    b
    b
    c
    Macro MCQ answer for A2 book is:
    b
    b
    a
    a
    b
    a
    d
    c
    c
    b
    My teacher marked them
    Are you talking about the white AQA book? Because if so, those are wrong. Plus they aren't macro multiple choice, they're in the micro section.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sap434)
    For Q6, I got D which was perfect competition because in perfect comp. average revenue equals marginal revenue. I used the diagram to help. Did you do question 8?

ReputationRep:
    For someone who has not revised since macro, what do you think I should do right now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ayyboss)
    For someone who has not revised since macro, what do you think I should do right now?
    Quickly bang out some multiple choice, maybe some quick bullet point essay plans. Not much you need to learn tbh :cool::cool::cool:

ReputationRep:
    I'm have other exams this week so I'm same situation just check you know all your defintions / diagrams

ReputationRep:
    if you go on mrclifford videos he does macro and micro full content recaps in like 30mins

may maybe you should watch those?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.