Turn on thread page Beta

AQA A-level Economics new 7136 - 06, 13 & 19 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion] watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ssssssssaas)
    Yeah so you talk about how they could intervene and whether it's good or bad
    Talk about how and why they should intervene. Both points

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ssssssssaas)
    Yeah so you talk about how they could intervene and whether it's good or bad
    For a final judgement i said they should intevene to reallocate steel industries rather than tryingn to save then from dying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sap434)
    For a final judgement i said they should intevene to reallocate steel industries rather than tryingn to save then from dying
    Same

ReputationRep:
    Yeah thats a good point
    I said they shouldn't intervene because it is a waste of resources saving a manufacturing industry in the UK whilst we are moving to the service sector

ReputationRep:
    I said real wage difference
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PFD)
    Like side and a half

I wrote that only figure 4 really demonstrated the UK manufacturing declining, figure 1 and 2 demonstrated the pattern of employment but it was quite stable apart from the financial crisis that affected every industry, figure 3 showed UK deficit increasing but no mention of how this was due to manufacturing

I'm probably miles out but that's what I put
    For the 15 marker, I made several points but I feel one of my points is invalid. I talked about mechanisation and automation as a reason for a fall in employment in manufacturing sector

ReputationRep:
    Also for the 25 marker I made a lot of points for and against but I didn't ta
    lol much about tarrifs as intervention but I did draw a tarring free world supply diagram to show how these resources can be re allocated is that okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 03dmason)
    Why?
    I used the process of elimination... two options gave the wrong difewrence... so it was either cyclical or real wage and the qs was not related to an economic cycle so i picked real wage

ReputationRep:
    Check multiple choices in thread I have made

ReputationRep:
    For the 25 marker - I wrote about REASONS FOR intervention and REASONS AGAINST. I didn't really talk about which methods of intervention, because I felt that the question was asking for reasons not methods of intervention. Is this alright?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junky27)
    Check multiple choices in thread I have made
    Link?

ReputationRep:
    Can nobody remember what unit of output the firm produced at to be profit maximising? A B C D?

ReputationRep:
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4791866 Multiple choice thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam10711)
    Link?
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4791866

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SANTR)
    For the 15 marker, I made several points but I feel one of my points is invalid. I talked about mechanisation and automation as a reason for a fall in employment in manufacturing sector
    i wrote about this too, it also mentioned technological change in extract 3 as one of the reasons

ReputationRep:
    Did you have to put a method of intervention for the 25marker . I just talked about whether it was necessary through comparative advantage, structural unemployment etc

ReputationRep:
    It was a tricky MCQ, as it definitely tried to catch you out, and I slightly remember one question that did.

It was regarding how much tax a person earning £40000 has to pay, with 10k-30k = 10/20% and 30k-(whatever number) 30%

Whaddaya got, people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remaine)
    It was a tricky MCQ, as it definitely tried to catch you out, and I slightly remember one question that did.

It was regarding how much tax a person earning £40000 has to pay, with 10k-30k = 10/20% and 30k-(whatever number) 30%

Whaddaya got, people?
    I think I got £5000?

ReputationRep:
    For 15 marks I said about services being more elastic (was mentioned in the extracts), cheaper overseas and that higher skills & living standards in rich nations meant they don't work in manuf as much but I acknowledged that some manufacturing is high skill e.g. Space tech

Anyone know if this is valid?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Quite a strange paper overall. Multiple choices took me way too long (probably not helped by the heat) but I hopefully got through them without dropping too many marks.

In terms of the textual questions:

31) Basically picked out three factors from the extract that could be perceived to show a declining industry and then evaluated the usefulness of the data provided. From memory these were the decline in total output, the decline in employment and one other.

32) Initially talked about how rising wages meant that the supply curve in terms of manufactured goods shifted to the left for economically developed nations and therefore they couldn't compete at the world price that developed nations competed at. Then talked about how in services supply side polices and people who lost their jobs in manufacturing caused the MRP and labour supply curves to shift to the right, meaning that more people get hired.

33) Talked about how as steel is an essential good in many economic programmes a tariff on it and therefore increase in price would lead to SRAS shifting to the left, reducing RNO. 2nd paragraph on how a tariff could cause retaliatory measures such as tariffs on UK services and therefore shift AD to the left and worsen the balance of payments. 3rd paragraph on how a subsidy would shift the supply curve for the steel industry to the right and therefore make UK steel more competitive in the world market. However this would be expensive and arguably regressive. Overall did not recommend intervention but said that short term support and supply side policies to reeducate workers who lost their jobs may be necessary.

Not the best paper ever but ok I hope. Need an A

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.