Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A-level Economics new 7136 - 06, 13 & 19 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tobikuyinu)
    Hopefully! Synoptic definitely has to be lower since no one really had any idea what they were doing in that paper
    grade boundaries have to be low as first year on new spec however paper 1 was easy so not sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigpaddy27)
    grade boundaries have to be low as first year on new spec however paper 1 was easy so not sure
    Yeah I agree, paper 1 was pretty straightforward so it will probably have quite standard grade boundaries. What do you think the grade boundaries will be for an A*?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tobikuyinu)
    Yeah I agree, paper 1 was pretty straightforward so it will probably have quite standard grade boundaries. What do you think the grade boundaries will be for an A*?
    Paper 1- 63/80
    Paper2- 60/80
    Paper3- 56/80.

Paper 3 will be very low and macro was marginally harder than micro as pretty much everyone answered the demerit question for paper 1.

Overall for an A- 180/240. Around that. Maybe 210 for an A*.

ReputationRep:
    what are these estimates based on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bennny)
    what are these estimates based on
    Would you say they are too low?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SANTR)
    Would you say they are too low?
    I predict similar.

Based on the papers themselves with paper 3 by far being the hardest.

Based on the newspapers saying that grade boundaries for new spec exams will be lowered.

Based on the fact that we are the first year and the last time in economics a new spec was introduced it was 54 for an A out of 80 something like that

ReputationRep:
    Paper 1- 63/80
    Paper2- 60/80
    Paper3- 56/80.

Paper 3 will be very low and macro was marginally harder than micro as pretty much everyone answered the demerit question for paper 1.

Overall for an A- 180/240. Around that. Maybe 210 for an A*.
    What do you think a B or even a C would be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junky27)
    I predict similar.

Based on the papers themselves with paper 3 by far being the hardest.

Based on the newspapers saying that grade boundaries for new spec exams will be lowered.

Based on the fact that we are the first year and the last time in economics a new spec was introduced it was 54 for an A out of 80 something like that
    Though using these foundations for a prediction could suggest that 210/240 is way too high for an A*
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    sanyone found anything for economic

ReputationRep:
    boundaries??

ReputationRep:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/sivansing...92584084918278

If these are right for economics 😅😅

ReputationRep:

if these are right for economics 😅😅
    we gon be eating boiiiii

ReputationRep:

If these are right for economics 😅😅
    I think its ballshit. Whilst it is true that the grade boundaries could be this low, especially after reading the news etc, it is unlikely they are legit. The edexcel grade boundaries were leaked and the link went to an actual pdf document whereas this jjust goes to a twitter page of someone pretending to be troy whatever his name is. Plus the background just seems like it was put together on a word document or something. Anyway fingers crossed they are legit.

ReputationRep:
    I got my results - A*AB.

The B was in AQA economics and I was 3 marks away from an A!

Considering I had to sit 3 papers that's just ONE extra mark needed in each paper for an A!!

Should I go for the remark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattymoo432)
    I got my results - A*AB.

The B was in AQA economics and I was 3 marks away from an A!

Considering I had to sit 3 papers that's just ONE extra mark needed in each paper for an A!!

Should I go for the remark?
    exact same as me. 3 marks from an A. I have put in for a remark of all 3 papers and am awaiting the result. Fingers crossed but I am not hopeful.

ReputationRep:
    exact same as me. 3 marks from an A. I have put in for a remark of all 3 papers and am awaiting the result. Fingers crossed but I am not hopeful.

I'd like to hear how yours gets on!

Are you going for a priority remark?

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to hear how yours gets on!

Are you going for a priority remark?
    yep have gone for priority. `put it in on friday

ReputationRep:
    yep have gone for priority. `put it in on friday
    Can I contact you to discuss this. I don't really come on here. Do you have Facebook/email I could talk to you on?

ReputationRep:
    Can I contact you to discuss this. I don't really come on here. Do you have Facebook/email I could talk to you on?
    yep email me on- [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    I was 4 marks off an A (into the B band by 20 marks) I got into my insurance which is Durham but my firm was Warwick which i needed the A for. Do I get a priority re-mark on hope of getting an A or stick with Durham in fear of it falling below a B and loosing my place at Durham?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.