Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A-level Economics new 7136 - 06, 13 & 19 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemmamcconville)
    I was 4 marks off an A (into the B band by 20 marks) I got into my insurance which is Durham but my firm was Warwick which i needed the A for. Do I get a priority re-mark on hope of getting an A or stick with Durham in fear of it falling below a B and loosing my place at Durham?
    re-mark. You aren't going to drop 20 marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemmamcconville)
    I was 4 marks off an A (into the B band by 20 marks) I got into my insurance which is Durham but my firm was Warwick which i needed the A for. Do I get a priority re-mark on hope of getting an A or stick with Durham in fear of it falling below a B and loosing my place at Durham?

Yes go for remark - all you need is one of your essays to go up a marking level (which is 3-4 marks anyway)!

ReputationRep:
    How did you get your mark breakdown? Got an A but I'm wondering about how I did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hyelloh)
    How did you get your mark breakdown? Got an A but I'm wondering about how I did
    You can ask your exams officer who can give you the marks you achieved in each exam

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one that thought the grade boundaries were low & odd?

I was 21 UMS above the A boundary and yet didn't get an A* (by 4-5 or something like that?).

Also, 55.7/80 avg to get an A? I thought (and so did my school) that it would be 60-62. Not complaining, just surprised.

ReputationRep:
    I did have a look at the exam statistics and around 6-7% of people who took the exams came out with an A*; so although the grade boundaries were really low, the proportion of people who got the A* was also low. It was really hard this year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Only 29% got either an A* or an A!! Very hard year indeed!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey congrats on everyone's results, unfortunately i missed my offer so taking a gap year and redoing some papers - if anyone has any good essays they dont mind sharing pm me please !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dreamville1)
    Hey congrats on everyone's results, unfortunately i missed my offer so taking a gap year and redoing some papers - if anyone has any good essays they dont mind sharing pm me please !

Hey email me: [email protected]

I'm happy to help you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattymoo432)
    Hey email me: [email protected]

I'm happy to help you
    Thank you! I've dropped you an email

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.