Turn on thread page Beta

AQA A-level Economics new 7136 - 06, 13 & 19 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion] watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemmamcconville)
    I was 4 marks off an A (into the B band by 20 marks) I got into my insurance which is Durham but my firm was Warwick which i needed the A for. Do I get a priority re-mark on hope of getting an A or stick with Durham in fear of it falling below a B and loosing my place at Durham?
    re-mark. You aren't going to drop 20 marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemmamcconville)
    I was 4 marks off an A (into the B band by 20 marks) I got into my insurance which is Durham but my firm was Warwick which i needed the A for. Do I get a priority re-mark on hope of getting an A or stick with Durham in fear of it falling below a B and loosing my place at Durham?

Yes go for remark - all you need is one of your essays to go up a marking level (which is 3-4 marks anyway)!

ReputationRep:
    How did you get your mark breakdown? Got an A but I'm wondering about how I did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hyelloh)
    How did you get your mark breakdown? Got an A but I'm wondering about how I did
    You can ask your exams officer who can give you the marks you achieved in each exam

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one that thought the grade boundaries were low & odd?

I was 21 UMS above the A boundary and yet didn't get an A* (by 4-5 or something like that?).

Also, 55.7/80 avg to get an A? I thought (and so did my school) that it would be 60-62. Not complaining, just surprised.

ReputationRep:
    I did have a look at the exam statistics and around 6-7% of people who took the exams came out with an A*; so although the grade boundaries were really low, the proportion of people who got the A* was also low. It was really hard this year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Only 29% got either an A* or an A!! Very hard year indeed!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey congrats on everyone's results, unfortunately i missed my offer so taking a gap year and redoing some papers - if anyone has any good essays they dont mind sharing pm me please !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dreamville1)
    Hey congrats on everyone's results, unfortunately i missed my offer so taking a gap year and redoing some papers - if anyone has any good essays they dont mind sharing pm me please !

Hey

I'm happy to help you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattymoo432)
    Hey email me

I'm happy to help you
    Thank you! I've dropped you an email

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walid67)
    does anyone remember the questions for the A2 paper 1 micro?
    Stop cheating!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    does anyone remember the questions from the A2 - paper 1?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know a good structure with sentence starters for 9,10,15,25 mark questions/essays

ReputationRep:
    DOES ANYONE REMEMBER THE QUESTIONS FOR PAPER 1 and PAPER 2 PLEASE

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember the AS Micro paper questions for 2017?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how to structure answers for a 4,5, 9,10,15,25 mark questions

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for Paper 3 as I do not know how to approach this.
    Are there topics that are most likely to come up and how do you link micro and macro points?
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hey

I got an A* in Economics in 2016, i got 98 in the Unit 3 paper and 100 on the Unit 4 paper
    I have 2 sets of extensive and detailed revision notes i made throughout the year and is the key reason for my success
    I am willing to give those to anyone that needs it, but i would sell it for a reasonable price as the notes i made had taken a lot of effort

Unit 3 notes total roughly 70 pages
    Unit 4 notes total 75 pages

Message me if you are interested

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.