Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel Government And Politics Unit 3 6GP03 A-D & Unit 4 6GP04 A-D 12 & 20 Jun 2017 Watch

ReputationRep:
    We could use this thread for general discussion, exam prep, revision techniques, sharing key facts and notes etc and general study help.

Exam dates:

Monday 12th June- Government & Politics, Paper 1 3d- Global Politics, Edexcel (1 hour 30 mins PM)

Tuesday 20th June- Government & Politics, Paper 2 4d- Global Political Issues, Edexcel (1 hour 30 mins AM)

ReputationRep:
    All the questions in one place- may be helpful (found it)
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docxUnit 3 Global Structures Question Bank.docx (10.8 KB, 94 views)

ReputationRep:
    Agreed this would be great !

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a collation of the unit 4d question??
    TIA.

ReputationRep:
    I think this link has the questions from 2010-2015, you may have to ask your teacher for the 2016 ones though. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=3947775

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone preparing for the unit 4d exam? I despise the conflict, war and terrorism unit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hyelloh)
    How is everyone preparing for the unit 4d exam? I despise the conflict, war and terrorism unit
    I find poverty and development to be challenging. Any tips on that?
    I tend to read the chapter on it. If you don't have the Andrew Heywood Book, I honestly recommend it. It's quite nice as a course companion. After that, I use those topic questions and pick out a few to do. I won't lie I often struggle so much. I find unit 4D much harder than unit 3D. If you need anything, just pm me or post it here!

ReputationRep:
    As someone who got an 'A' grade, I strongly recommend the Heywood book.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    Hiya! This is a nice exam thread - I've added it to the Exam Thread Directory 2017

If you see any other exam threads threads that aren't in the directory yet - let me know by either tagging me in, or linking it in the directory and I can add it in! You can also find discussions for your other exams there.

If any of your other exams aren't on there yet - feel free to make the exam thread for it yourself

Good luck in your exams

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone need help?

ReputationRep:
    How does everyone feel in relation to the exams? I believe 4d is easier than 3d, though only marginally... Poverty and development and environment have been very boring.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have notes for Conflict, War and Terrorism? its my worst chapter and its the only one i have left to do notes for.

ReputationRep:
    how is everyone feeling for monday Unit 3d

ReputationRep:
    any predictions guys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farteepartee)
    any predictions guys?
    EU comes up nearly every time as a 45 marker.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know if we can miss out a topic for 3d?? really don't wanna revise eu and regionalism lol its so dull

ReputationRep:
    What percentage of our overall A level grade does unit 1 and 2 account for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CALLUM_1999)
    What percentage of our overall A level grade does unit 1 and 2 account for?
    50% for anything up to an A. But to get an A* you need >90% average over both papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingerboyben)
    50% for anything up to an A. But to get an A* you need >90% average over both papers.
    Cheers, do you know the algorithm to work out UMS marks?

ReputationRep:
    What are your predictions for Unit 3D but for world order, approaches and gloal governance question like the 15 and 45 markers

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.