Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel Government And Politics Unit 3 6GP03 A-D & Unit 4 6GP04 A-D 12 & 20 Jun 2017 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FelixAddy)
    June 2016
    Section A
    1. On what grounds has humanitarian intervention been criticised?
    2. Explain the main elements of the 'Clash of Civilisations' thesis.
    3. Why are these disagreements about the causes of global poverty?
    4. Distinguish between any two contrasting views of how to best deal with climate change.
    5. How and why have attempts been made to control the proliferation of nuclear weapons?

Section B
    6. "The IMF, WTO and WB have failed the world's poor". Discuss.
    7. To what extent has an effective system of international law and courts been established?
    8. "International efforts have failed to achieve sufficient progress over climate change". Discuss.

They are horrible, if this sort of theme came up this year then I would fail.
    So would I, but that's why it's good that such hard questions were set last year, it means there shod be a 45 marker on terrorism which is the easiest subject

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CALLUM_1999)
    So would I, but that's why it's good that such hard questions were set last year, it means there shod be a 45 marker on terrorism which is the easiest subject
    Yea well that is what I hope will happen because if I was sitting last years exam I would have just got up and left because those 45 markers are ridiculous.
    Possibly Clash of civilisations
    Maybe terrorism due to events which occurred during 2015 and the start of 2016 as the papers are written a year before you actually take them.
    15 markers I have no idea sadly, they could be anything, I feel as though they will rape me, or if the 45 is any topic other than the 1st.

ReputationRep:
    But then looking at the last couple of years, topic 1 came up 5 years in a row as a 45 marker and 2016 was the separation in which it didn't, so it could be a couple years gap in which it won't come up again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FelixAddy)
    But then looking at the last couple of years, topic 1 came up 5 years in a row as a 45 marker and 2016 was the separation in which it didn't, so it could be a couple years gap in which it won't come up again.
    Sorry im not entirely sure what you mean please could you explain it? Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Topic 1, Conflict, War and Terrorism came up as a 45marker from June 2010 to June 2015, so Im saying that it has appeared very frequently and last year may have been the start of a break for Topic 1 and more of a focus for other other three topics.
    Im only saying this because as much as I want topic 1 to come up, I have high doubts because it is the easier topic.
    But if it has any correlation with Unit 3 which was a very nice paper, then it may come up as the exam board may feel as though they want to be nice, or Unit 3 was a tease, and Unit 4 is just gonna fu-ck us all.

ReputationRep:
    Unit 4. D was piss. 15 markers were worded weirdly but fine.

I did North South divide, human rights different meaning and neo colonialism.

45 marker- are human rights adequately protected

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junky27)
    Unit 4. D was piss. 15 markers were worded weirdly but fine.

I did North South divide, human rights different meaning and neo colonialism.

45 marker- are human rights adequately protected

What did you put for the Human right 15 marker question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by berto2456)
    What did you put for the Human right 15 marker question?
    Sharia law and religion resulting in a different meaning in Middle East. Saudi Arabia refusing to sign 48 Declaration and also Cairo Declaration in 93

Asian values- Asia different meaning as they place sovereignty and the national good above the rights of the individual. Bangkok Declaration

Did some more can't remember

ReputationRep:
    Sharia law and religion resulting in a different meaning in Middle East. Saudi Arabia refusing to sign 48 Declaration and also Cairo Declaration in 93

Asian values- Asia different meaning as they place sovereignty and the national good above the rights of the individual. Bangkok Declaration

Did some more can't remember
    Nice nice, i think i got that. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    what grades did people get?

ReputationRep:
    Got a B somehow absolutely fuming. was sure I had got an a*

ReputationRep:
    Got a B somehow absolutely fuming. was sure I had got an a*
    Must be a tough blow. Got a B last year and ended up with an A* so I guess life is full of surprises

ReputationRep:
    Thrilled with my result! Got an A* at 200/200 UMS, leaving me with 400/400 UMS over the two years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xBasedChris)
    Thrilled with my result! Got an A* at 200/200 UMS, leaving me with 400/400 UMS over the two years.
    well done! do you have any notes or know of any places i can get good notes for unit 3a UK political issues?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by preeyaa)
    well done! do you have any notes or know of any places i can get good notes for unit 3a UK political issues?
    Thanks I'm afraid that I didn't do that module, and always made my own notes - so I don't know of any good resources from which to download some.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.