Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Feeling undesirable and lonely. Watch

I really need help guys. I can't stop myself from feeling like I need to be wanted by someone else if that makes sense? I have a desire for/an urge to be wanted or in others words to be in a relationship. It's making me feel extremely lonely and upset I just genuinely can't even focus on more important things such as my dissertation and I know that sounds extremely silly and pathetic but I honestly don't know how to prevent this from happening. I've lost a significant amount of confident in myself because it's been such a long time since my previous relationship and I just feel extremely undesirable. How do I stop feeling like this?

ReputationRep:
    sorry are you a boy or a girl?

ReputationRep:
    I know it's difficult and also hypocritical coming from me, but most especially at this time of the year please devote your time to your university work and getting that done to the best of your ability.

You'll be fine, trust me OP. Just keep your chin up.

ReputationRep:
    OP sounds more or less like me , so I know how difficult it is.

If you want to talk then do feel free to DM

(Original post by maitre gims)
    sorry are you a boy or a girl?
    I'm a 21 year old girl

(Original post by SpiritSharD)
    I know it's difficult and also hypocritical coming from me, but most especially at this time of the year please devote your time to your university work and getting that done to the best of your ability.

You'll be fine, trust me OP. Just keep your chin up.
    I really ought to.

Thank you for your reply

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.