The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Religious Studies Unit 3B & 4C RST3B/RST4C 19 & 27 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Hi all
there wasnt a thread for this and i thought it would be best to create one where we can all share our ideas notes etc and help each other out
with me personally im hating rst4c - no revision guide is killing me
with rst3b - im doing religious language and ontological argument
I got a B last year for AS but hopefully retaking to get a higher grade

share your thoughts on the course etc needing any help???

Scroll to see replies

hey! I'm retake rst4c from last year too, to get an A/a*. what modules are you planning on answering in the philosophy exam this year?
Reply 2
Hey I'm thinking religious language and problem of evil. TBH I'm learning 3 and then I think I'll choose in the exam I'm not sure I'm so indecisive 😭 What about you?
Reply 3
: Outline Anselm’s ontological argument and examine the relationship between faith and reason in the ontological argumentcan anyone answer the exmine part of this argument as my teachers cant be bothered to point me in the right direction.
It woiuld be much appreciated
Thank you
Reply 4
We've learnt Body, Soul and Personal Identity, Problem of Evil and the Ontological Argument - no idea what I'm going to choose in the exam!
We do unit 4A, and I hate the lack of textbook, too!

Which AS unit are you resitting?
I am resitting both of my AS (need an A and only got a high B grrr) For A2 I have been taught Ontological, Religious Language and Problem of Evil. Defo gonna do language and evil in the exam because my OA essays have been very hit and miss!
Original post by murmu
: Outline Anselm’s ontological argument and examine the relationship between faith and reason in the ontological argumentcan anyone answer the exmine part of this argument as my teachers cant be bothered to point me in the right direction.
Thank you

1) Write about Anselm's argument
2) Write about people who believe that faith is the answer
3) Write about people who believe that reason is the answer
4) Write about people who believe it is a mixture of both
Original post by Fizzypop123
Hi all
there wasnt a thread for this and i thought it would be best to create one where we can all share our ideas notes etc and help each other out
with me personally im hating rst4c - no revision guide is killing me
with rst3b - im doing religious language and ontological argument
I got a B last year for AS but hopefully retaking to get a higher grade

share your thoughts on the course etc needing any help???

hey! I'm sitting this and in the exam want to answer the religious language and ontological problem questions !:smile:, I've more or less done all questions plans for ontological as I used to revise for it quite a lot.... slowed down now which makes no sense (RL LACK OF MOTIVATION) anyway so yea ill be willing to help :smile:)
Reply 8
Original post by Neddie001
I am resitting both of my AS (need an A and only got a high B grrr) For A2 I have been taught Ontological, Religious Language and Problem of Evil. Defo gonna do language and evil in the exam because my OA essays have been very hit and miss!

Hey, which papers are you resitting for AS? 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by SampleX
We've learnt Body, Soul and Personal Identity, Problem of Evil and the Ontological Argument - no idea what I'm going to choose in the exam!
We do unit 4A, and I hate the lack of textbook, too!

Which AS unit are you resitting?

Hey!
Im redoing rsso1 so the one on utilitarianism and situation ethics omg it's in like a couple weeks I'm so scared :frown: I don't think I'm fully ready motivation is fully lacking for that
Are you resisting anything ?
Original post by murmu
Thank you

My teachers are absoloute hell I've basically self taught my self the whole bloddy course 😩😩😩
Hey!
Im redoing rsso1 so the one on utilitarianism and situation ethics omg it's in like a couple weeks I'm so scared :frown: I don't think I'm fully ready motivation is fully lacking for that
Are you resisting anything ?

I'm resitting RSS04 (religion, philosophy and science), and I so don't feel prepared. /:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey I'm thinking religious language and problem of evil. TBH I'm learning 3 and then I think I'll choose in the exam I'm not sure I'm so indecisive 😭 What about you?

i am defo doing ontological and religious language !!!
Hi there, I am also taking the same exams.

For Unit 3B i'm going to revise for The Ontological argument and The problem of evil.

For Unit 4C we did ways of moral decision making. More specifically, we covered medical ethics, Islamic ethics (shariah), the conscience (both religious and non-religious), Divine Command Theory, teleological systems ( Situation Ethics and Utilitarianism), deontological systems (Natural Moral Law and Kantian Ethics), and hybrid ethics (Rule Utilitarianism and Virtue Ethics).

I'm looking forward to participate in this thread.
Hi guys today was RSS01 - it was alright wasn't too bad the questions were

Explain following terms in utilitarianism
Greatest happiness principle
Consequences

B) utilitarianism does apply to religious ethical theories

2) explain how situation ethics is loving Christian ethical system - something along those lines
B) there are no rules in situation ethics

I added so many quotes and stuff hope I get an A how did you guys find it pm me for any questions etc
I'm thinking of doing Ontological and Religious Language too, kinda worried about that exam but hopefully lots of revision will pay off!
For Unit 4 we've been taught about definitions of God, understandings/secular thinkers, and religious experience. Not feeling too bad about that one, hopefully they will be kind with the 45 marker :colondollar:

Just did a re-sit today of RSS03, which was the cosmological argument and psychology and religion. Wasn't too bad, definitely better than last year. It sounds like a lot of people are doing different topics, though!
Hi guys today was RSS01 - it was alright wasn't too bad the questions were

Explain following terms in utilitarianism
Greatest happiness principle
Consequences

B) utilitarianism does apply to religious ethical theories

2) explain how situation ethics is loving Christian ethical system - something along those lines
B) there are no rules in situation ethics

I added so many quotes and stuff hope I get an A how did you guys find it pm me for any questions etc

- i thought it was pretty cooooooool! was expecting something which SUCKED
Who resat RSS03?
Original post by TSRdebater1453
Who resat RSS03?

I did!
Reply 19
Original post by DustToDust
I did!

Did you answer the question on mystical expereices. If so how did you write your answer. I found the question to be good but very specific. Usually they give that and another part of the religious expereince topic to discuss.
I talked about william james and gave expmples of mystical experiences.
Hope thats eanough.

how were the A02

Quick Reply

Latest