The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Religious Studies Unit 3B & 4C RST3B/RST4C 19 & 27 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by revision1
if its purely on deontological would you have to still mention teleological and hybrid?? if it were an a01

I wouldn't in AO1 because it just wants you to explain, but definitely in AO2 when you're comparing etc
Original post by amyandjemima
I wouldn't in AO1 because it just wants you to explain, but definitely in AO2 when you're comparing etc

alright thank you! have you memorised everything or are you still in the process of doing so?
what types of medical ethics are there that can be universally applied to all the ethical systems?
alright thank you! have you memorised everything or are you still in the process of doing so?

I still need to learn the principles and funamentals from hybrid ethics but for the others I think I'm ok, I just don't know how to structure it and I don't have any case studies! Do you?
Original post by amyandjemima
I still need to learn the principles and funamentals from hybrid ethics but for the others I think I'm ok, I just don't know how to structure it and I don't have any case studies! Do you?

ohh alright and nope im looking for some atm ill post some once ive found them.
Still looking for some notes on all the different ethical systems if anyone minds helping (y)
Reply 186
http://jakedoesrevision.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/basic-strengths-and-weaknesses-of.html

this guy does pretty summaries of most of the theories and/or their evaluations. if you look down the right side of the page you'll find links to his posts of the other theories
Reply 187
* pretty good
RST4C
I'm really struggling with structure, my teacher has been useless and I honestly dont know what a good essay looks like at this point! If the AO1 was about deontological ethics, would you do:
Intro (brief explanation od deontoligical and what medical issues you will apply it to)
Para 1 (explain deontological with detail e.g Kant, Catholics, catergorical imperative)
Para 2 (deontological applied to abortion)
Para 3 (deontological applie to animal testing)
Para 4 (deontological applied to embryonic stem cell research)
Para 5 (deontological applie to euthenasia)
I've not been taught any case studies, do i need them for an A?
Then for the AO2 question (e.g assess deontological)
Intro (basically what you're argument is)
Para 1 (your argument, counter argument, then your argument with a medical issue)
Para 2 (same, but different meical issue)
Para 3 (same, but different meical issue)
Para 4 (say how a different system e.g hybrid could be be better, but then say why deontological is best)
Para 5 (say how a different system e.g hybrid could be be better, but then say why deontological is best)
Conclusion
That's how I do it but when it comes to questions that ask for comparison I never know if i should vary the medical issues I talk about, or talk about the same for each and compare, but then my previous structure gets messed up!
Also, we have only been taught about one type of each ethical system (deontological-Kant, Teleogical-utilitarian, Hybrid-situation), from what I've said here have I got enough and the right structure to get an A?Sorry for long post! stressful times!!!
Reply 189
Anyone doing Unit 4B religion in contemporary society?
Does anyone have any predictions for unit 4c
Reply 191
Original post by Goodness_odt
Does anyone have any predictions for unit 4c

Are you doing ways of moral decision making?
How many advantages and disadvantages of the systems do we need to include?
Anyone got an tips for part B or any essays/plans?
Would appreciate it.
how are people structuring the essays and how many adv and disadv are you using in the essay do we include these in the a01? and how many systems are you going to talk about
Reply 195
Original post by Serpent0987
Anyone got an tips for part B or any essays/plans?
Would appreciate it.

Just make your argument for and ensure you counter it, and bring in your application. I was wondering for the b part on the religious question can they only ask about the conscience religious ethical teaching ane law/scriptures?
Original post by rkrk1
Are you doing ways of moral decision making?

Yes
how are people structuring the essays and how many adv and disadv are you using in the essay do we include these in the a01? and how many systems are you going to talk about

I'll be looking to do around 3 each side, or if I'm running out of time then 2 each side.

If it's a teleo and deonto question
UTILITARIANISM- Bentham and Mill
SITUATION ETHICS
Natural Law
Kant

Hybrid
Situation ethics
Proportionalism
VE
MultI level utilitarianism
Reply 198
Original post by Goodness_odt
Yes

I think for the religious one the b part might be on rel ethical teaching and for the secular it may be on deontoligical or hybrid. I was wondering for the b part on the religious question can they only do about conscience, law/scriptures and the rel ethical teaching?
Shout out to everyone that helped me for the unit 4c exam ✌🏾

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending