Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Religious Studies Unit 3B & 4C RST3B/RST4C 19 & 27 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.xxo)
    RST4A PREDICTIONS:

For religious experience, i can't really put unlikely on anything as its really hard to make fewer predictions due to many things not coming up recently. + Please do not ask if I'm certain or how do i know these will come up as i have made many predictions for my past exams and they have been correct, so take it or leave it. Im here to help not to be asked how i know or whatever. Anyway here:

Religious experience
    Things that havent come up that have a chance of coming up:
    The relationship between definitions of God/gods/Ultimate Reality and any idea of religious experience

Previous things that have come up which can come up:
    Verification religious experience - 2011- very likely
    Religious experience as a foundation for particular religions. Religious experience as a source of faith for individual religious people, and the contribution religious experience makes to religious faith as a whole. : Role of religious experience in one or more religions- 2013 -Very likely
    Validity of religious experience (individual+ corporate existence) -2014 -Very likely
    What is regarded as a religious experience + what the term means -2012 - likely
    Mystical+ vision identification- 2013 - likely

Life, death+ beyond:

-Religious and secular perspectives of the value of human life- 2012 - very likely (either religious or secular or both+ May also ask about the nature of human life in a quesiton in addition to this but unlikely)
    -Religious ideas about present life and life after death- 2014 – very likely
    -Never asked- Secular ideas aboutpresent life and life after death- very likely
    -Main religious + secular eschatological+ apocalyptic teachings – 2011 – likely
    -Religious and non religious attitudes to death- 2013 – less likely
    Will it even be possible for them to ask us just on secular ideas about present life? i don't think i'd have much to say for secular :s

ReputationRep:
    Can someone give me a few points/scholars to discuss in the secular point of view on the importance of present life? we haven't been taught humanism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver-wind)
    Will it even be possible for them to ask us just on secular ideas about present life? i don't think i'd have much to say for secular :s
    Its a possibility but it would be together not alone

ReputationRep:
    How many examples do we need to use to apply system to medical ethics??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by revision1)
    How many examples do we need to use to apply system to medical ethics??
    I'd say at least 2 detailed ones with reference to at least 2 ethical systems. But I mean as many as you can really, even if it's just a short para on like cloning for example.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any predictions for RS4TC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harryg98)
    Has anyone got any predictions for RS4TC?
    Examine Deontological and teleological ethics to issues.

Examine ethical issues

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone help me explain Strong Rule Utilitarianism and then apply it to a medical issue?

ReputationRep:
    I am so done for this exam. Im still doing my notes and FURTHER RESEARCHING WHICH IS TAKING YEARS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.xxo)
    I am so done for this exam. Im still doing my notes and FURTHER RESEARCHING WHICH IS TAKING YEARS.
    ME too! its the last exam as well its dragging, still havent done much revision

ReputationRep:
    ME too! its the last exam as well its dragging, still havent done much revision
    Ive got all the basics there but its literally just expanding on what i already have otherwise the maximum i can get is like a D at this rate with the basic notes i have. THIS IS A MYTHHHh!!! Hopefully i finish this asap

ReputationRep:
    How is the 45 mark and the 30 mark structured for 4c ways of moral decision making

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goodness_odt)
    How is the 45 mark and the 30 mark structured for 4c ways of moral decision making
    Choice of 2 which are usually linked together

45 - AO1 -information - Explain...
    30 - AO2 -analysis - To what extent...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymous360)
    Could anyone help me explain Strong Rule Utilitarianism and then apply it to a medical issue?
    Strong rule utilitarianism is basically mills utilitarianism it follows the utility principle where good is defined as eudaomia and then go on to distinguish between higher and lower pleasures and competent judges. It then goes on to generate a rule that if followed universally would produce the utility principle, explain universibaility as an act that does not take anyone's right to happiness away and all can follow it, the purpose of morality is to make society a better place and society is a group of individuals whose rights are protested through the liberty principle. Explain that the rule is applied to the hedonic calculus and that if it produces the utility principle then it must be followed and we become obligated to do so as to why it can be viewed as a hybrid system as it is based on the consequences and we must then follow the decision.

Application : limitation of resources state that an average utilitarianism would focus on the majority morning miniority based on the hedonic calculus however a rule utilitian would consider whether the treatment they are funding should be on the NHS such as ivf for couples and whether this should instead be focused on saving a persons life.

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions for RS4TC??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rkrk1)
    Strong rule utilitarianism is basically mills utilitarianism it follows the utility principle where good is defined as eudaomia and then go on to distinguish between higher and lower pleasures and competent judges. It then goes on to generate a rule that if followed universally would produce the utility principle, explain universibaility as an act that does not take anyone's right to happiness away and all can follow it, the purpose of morality is to make society a better place and society is a group of individuals whose rights are protested through the liberty principle. Explain that the rule is applied to the hedonic calculus and that if it produces the utility principle then it must be followed and we become obligated to do so as to why it can be viewed as a hybrid system as it is based on the consequences and we must then follow the decision.

Application : limitation of resources state that an average utilitarianism would focus on the majority morning miniority based on the hedonic calculus however a rule utilitian would consider whether the treatment they are funding should be on the NHS such as ivf for couples and whether this should instead be focused on saving a persons life.
    Thank you so much! It has really helped.🙂

ReputationRep:
    RST4C
    I'm really struggling with structure, my teacher has been useless and I honestly dont know what a good essay looks like at this point! If the AO1 was about deontological ethics, would you do:
    Intro (brief explanation od deontoligical and what medical issues you will apply it to)
    Para 1 (explain deontological with detail e.g Kant, Catholics, catergorical imperative)
    Para 2 (deontological applied to abortion)
    Para 3 (deontological applie to animal testing)
    Para 4 (deontological applied to embryonic stem cell research)
    Para 5 (deontological applie to euthenasia)
    I've not been taught any case studies, do i need them for an A?
    Then for the AO2 question (e.g assess deontological)
    Intro (basically what you're argument is)
    Para 1 (your argument, counter argument, then your argument with a medical issue)
    Para 2 (same, but different meical issue)
    Para 3 (same, but different meical issue)
    Para 4 (say how a different system e.g hybrid could be be better, but then say why deontological is best)
    Para 5 (say how a different system e.g hybrid could be be better, but then say why deontological is best)
    Conclusion
    That's how I do it but when it comes to questions that ask for comparison I never know if i should vary the medical issues I talk about, or talk about the same for each and compare, but then my previous structure gets messed up!
    Also, we have only been taught about one type of each ethical system (deontological-Kant, Teleogical-utilitarian, Hybrid-situation), from what I've said here have I got enough and the right structure to get an A?Sorry for long post! stressful times!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harryg98)
    Yeah just learning ways of moral decision making is fine. Also, every single year since 2011 there has been a question on religious then a question on ethical systems - so do you reckon it'll be fine just to revise ethical systems? Or is this risky as there is no certainty that they will follow the same structure?
    no i don't think it's risky at all, I'm resitting 4c and they always have a question on both religion and ethical systems. i think it's better to focus on one rather than trying to familiarising yourself with both

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions for RS4TC??
    I'm predicting either AO1 and AO2 both on purely deontological, or AO1 to be on them all and AO2 deontological! Looking at past questions this seems to be the pattern they are following !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyandjemima)
    I'm predicting either AO1 and AO2 both on purely deontological, or AO1 to be on them all and AO2 deontological! Looking at past questions this seems to be the pattern they are following !
    if its purely on deontological would you have to still mention teleological and hybrid?? if it were an a01

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.