Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I rejoined pure gym yesterday, AMA Watch

ReputationRep:
    I did 20 minutes on the bike, 20 on the rower, and a few ten sets on three upper body weights machines, at weights ranging between 40 and 50 kgs. AMA?!

ReputationRep:
    Was it full of new resolutioners?

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget about proper diet :-) I lost 20 kilos after 2,5 months. Jogging 5k every morning, eat only 4 meal per day( healthy one). no sweets at all (one spoon for my tea) small amout of bread, breadroll etc.

ReputationRep:
    Did you get the 100% off re-joining fee text as well? I received one this morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carthaginian)
    Was it full of new resolutioners?
    im not sure. it was busy though

(Original post by Andy_Lowe)
    Don't forget about proper diet :-) I lost 20 kilos after 2,5 months. Jogging 5k every morning, eat only 4 meal per day( healthy one). no sweets at all (one spoon for my tea) small amout of bread, breadroll etc.
    i can barely run 100 metres, let alone 5000!

(Original post by sinfonietta)
    Did you get the 100% off re-joining fee text as well? I received one this morning.
    i think i got an offer by email, but because i was signing up in person, couldn't use it. the joining fee was only £10 though...

ReputationRep:
    Which city?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gone Revising II)
    Which city?
    Derby.

ReputationRep:
    Would you recommend it? I'm thinking of joining one in my area. How are the facilities etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Percypig17)
    Would you recommend it? I'm thinking of joining one in my area. How are the facilities etc
    The one in Derby is good. There are bikes and rowers and joggers, and weight machines. All i need really. About the only thing they don't have is a pool. You can do a walk round i think, for free if you like?

Plus they are open 24 hours a day. This is the closer for me. Plus you can sign up for one month, only do one month, quit, then sign up again a few months later, and try again. I also really like this. There are also some classes, but you have to pay extra if you want a personal trainer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Percypig17)
    I like it. No frills and great membership terms. No membership card so no risk of losing it, you just punch a PIN in at the door and it lets you in. No reception or awkwardness walking in the first time, the machines are just there and you can hop on.

You need a padlock for the lockers. You can buy one from the vending machines there or get one from your local DIY shop or B+Q etc for a fiver.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.