Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I went to another university and left about a month ago. At that university i didn't go to the induction day i simply picked the accommodation nearest to my course. Big mistake. Compared to some of the other accommodation the rooms were like cell blocks. I'm not exaggerating it;s the first thing my parents said. Tiny halls and tiny rooms.

Now I'm hoping to get into teeside I was wondering what building has the biggest/better rooms. Moving into the accommodation at had at my old university was a big disappointment and i'm not sure if i will go to the next induction day considering It will be in June and I'm pretty sure you pick your accommodation before that. It's hard to judge rooms by pictures because of how they distort them etc.

So to anyone who went to an open day and looked around at the accommodation what do you think? I do know that rooms vary within buildings which is another factor.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi James

You might find this accommodation link useful

I know you probably want to hear from other students but just dropping this in for you in the meantime Click on the buildings tab and you can check out your options.

Give us a shout on [email protected] or 01642 342255 if you have any questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James385)
    I went to another university and left about a month ago. At that university i didn't go to the induction day i simply picked the accommodation nearest to my course. Big mistake. Compared to some of the other accommodation the rooms were like cell blocks. I'm not exaggerating it;s the first thing my parents said. Tiny halls and tiny rooms.

Now I'm hoping to get into teeside I was wondering what building has the biggest/better rooms. Moving into the accommodation at had at my old university was a big disappointment and i'm not sure if i will go to the next induction day considering It will be in June and I'm pretty sure you pick your accommodation before that. It's hard to judge rooms by pictures because of how they distort them etc.

So to anyone who went to an open day and looked around at the accommodation what do you think? I do know that rooms vary within buildings which is another factor.
    Central halls has good size rooms and has just been refurbished.
    Parkside east & west rooms are ok size but they are shared bathrooms.
    Linthorpe Halls also have decent sized rooms

ReputationRep:
    Woodlands rooms are somewhat small but that's because you have an ensuite (shower, bog, basin) taking up room. Woodlands was a no-brainer for me because LOL @ sharing a bathroom with students, and when I went to Teesside, Central Halls was a privately owned building which seems to now be owned by the uni? I did stay in what is now central halls as a 2nd year student and those were fairly roomy, again with ensuites and a fair size combination common room and kitchen.

From what I remember, St. Edwards square is a fun collection of differently shaped/sized houses so I couldn't comment on their room sizes because they're likely to vary quite a lot.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LongtailRat)
    Woodlands rooms are somewhat small but that's because you have an ensuite (shower, bog, basin) taking up room. Woodlands was a no-brainer for me because LOL @ sharing a bathroom with students, and when I went to Teesside, Central Halls was a privately owned building which seems to now be owned by the uni? I did stay in what is now central halls as a 2nd year student and those were fairly roomy, again with ensuites and a fair size combination common room and kitchen.

From what I remember, St. Edwards square is a fun collection of differently shaped/sized houses so I couldn't comment on their room sizes because they're likely to vary quite a lot.
    Hello

Just to confirm - Central Halls is part of the University

King Edward's Square has 16 houses set around a central green space, the houses range between four and 11 bedrooms.

ReputationRep:
    I would choose Central if I was applying again, I spent my first year in Woodlands, we had cockroaches. Woodlands isn't worth what you pay for it, they need to revamp their accomodation.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.