Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I am writing this question in regards of knowing the eligibility criteria for a uk based university if i am having a pakistani educational bakground.I have been living in the UK from last 5 years.i have done my Hssc(intermediate) from Pakistan as a pre engineering student with maths physics and chemistry as majors in 60% and my matriculation(SSC) in science with 71% marks.I came here as a student but unfortunately college has been shut down by the border agency in 2014 and i couldn't finish the course and have not been awarded with any diploma as college was not in progress anymore.Then i have been granted the refugee status after a life threat to my life in my home country.so i am here now as an accepted refugee consider as a home student.and now i really want to continue my education as it is very much important for me to get the eternal peace and self satisfaction. i just want to know will i be accepted by the university despite the fact that there is a gap of almost 5 years in my studies.and when it says on a course eligibility that the intending student has to achieve the 120 ucas tarrif points to get an admission in this course then what does that actually mean and how many ucas points i will be getting with the grades which i written above.thanks for entertaining my inquiry.i am looking forward for an expert advice..thanks sufian
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 8, 2017
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.