Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Both seem really good, I cannot decide between them.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously? Warwick by a mile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neemra)
    Warwick, but I'm pretty aware it's weak for bio science in general, probably it's weakest course - though naturally, overall prestige wins, so yeah, pick Warwick.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Thanks for considering studying with us. Rather than throwing marketing statistics and league table rankings at you, i wondered if you had any questions?

Josh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aston University)
    Hi,

Thanks for considering studying with us. Rather than throwing marketing statistics and league table rankings at you, i wondered if you had any questions?

Josh
    Hi,
    I really don't know what to ask much but I really want to know how the lectures are like and how the timetable is set out
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I really don't know what to ask much but I really want to know how the lectures are like and how the timetable is set out
    No pressure,

If you're used to a typical British schooling experience, Lectures run in a similar fashion to a normal book based lesson, the lecturer will dictate the things you need to know and you will take notes as you go along. It can be a little more intense as there often isn't the option to ask questions if you've missed something. In addition to that you'll find that lectures are often the introduction to the topic, you'll need to do independent study alongside, to make the most out of your degree.

Aside from that, there are several other teaching methods, you'll most likely attend seminars or practicals, which act as a chance for discussion with fellow students or a chance to get into the lab. This will be fairly similar experience across a number of universities.

At Aston our timetables are different for each subject, with more hours onsite for subjects with practical lab work, such as engineering, chemisty, optometry etc. Usually you will be looking at 6 to 22 hours with our teaching staff across the week, with independent study on top. You'll often find you get a free day every week and lectures usually end early of a Wednesday for Club & Society activity in the Students' Union.

If anything else comes to mind just give me a shout.

Josh

ReputationRep:
    My Dad went to Aston so Aston is my recommendation.
    Didn't study science though.

Don't look at how highly regarded they are bc league tables change a lot. Just look at where you will be happiest and which course is best. Both will be good for graduate prospects even then employers care more about the person they're employing and their capabilities anyway.
    Good luck though!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.