The Student Room Group

A levels

In your opinion, what makes A level extremely hard?
Reply 1
Not that hard if you enjoy them, just more work than you're used to. Im doing 5 As levels (inc welsh bacc) and im going fine
Reply 2
Original post by A*A*A*man
In your opinion, what makes A level extremely hard?

The workload :redface:
For me personally, was how the exam questions awarded marks. Mark schemes could just suddenly change over the course of a year for the exact same question. You had to write down so much information just to make sure you could get the marks.
Reply 4
Original post by etudiebee
The workload :redface:

Please elaborate what do you exactly mean by 'workload'.
Reply 5
maths
Reply 6
Original post by A*A*A*man
Please elaborate what do you exactly mean by 'workload'.

There's always something you could be doing. Even when you don't have homework or any exams coming up (which is rare) you're still expected to be revising everyday.
Remembering all the content, especially now when we have no AS Levels :frown:
Remembering all the stuff you've learnt. One topic at a level feels like it is bigger than the entirety of a GCSE.
Being tired all the time, doing 4 a levels and the EPQ I have barely any frees and work in the ones I do have. So I'm working every single period. Then I come home and I'm too tired to do anything. I have to have naps before I can work again.
Having to constantly revise because I'm scared that at the end of the year I won't have time.
The workload. Doing 4 essay based subjects and having 2 teachers for all but one of my subjects, I can sometimes get 3 essays a week. Haha.
I love a levels though, I'm a nerd.

Quick Reply

Latest