Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I need serious help ... especially English lit and Lang and history Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi my name is yasir and I'm taking my GCSEs this year meaning I'll sit new spec for maths and English... and basically I'm like really struggling to pull myself together and I've got like 4 months and a half left and I'm really wanting to get A in these core subjects (7 and above) but like especially for English I'm struggling like Macbeth I really hate because it's kind of more a review based essay questions where as inspector calls it's more quote analysis.... this week I've received Macbeth homework and the theme was supernatural and like I spent 3 hours on it and achieved nothing ... I'm good at English I guess my English skills seems to pop out at random times which don't help .... basically I need real help on saving English and history ... and I do aqa spec inspector calls , Macbeth, pride and predujice and conflict cluster poems.... Anyone who thinks they can't literally give me the best advice on achieving an A please state your advice !!!!! Oh and history B edexcel .. crime and punishment, nazi germany and protest law and order

ReputationRep:
    You can PM me and I'll see if I can help. I got A*s in my IGCSE lit & lang and GCSE History. Is there anything specific you're struggling with? The more detailed you can be the easier it would be to help.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've basically got 4 months left and im really struggling with English language like paper 1 I can barely remember how to answer the questions and paper 2 language I just can't seem to master question 3 and 4.... abd for history the thing that is annoying me is that I won't get the marks for stating the facts but following order paragraph to get the marks and like I haven't started revising for it but I can't find any resources to take notes from and I'm not very fond of using the text books

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I studied the old specification last year for English. English Language comes across as easy but in reality, you have to be quite good in order to pass. Obviously, last year there was a higher or foundation tier and most students with a target of a C went for the foundation tier and they passed. English Language is hard to revise for, I certainly recommend revising your timings as this is where more students become stuck. Also, you need to be able to use varied language in all of your answers to gain higher marks. Vary your sentence starters, use different types of paragraphs (one line builds up tension!). On a further note, try and master the reading section just incase the writing section is difficult! YouTube and TES are both good places to revise from.

Hope this helps

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.