Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Song cyber-shot camera help!! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm wanting to sell my camera (Sony cyber-shot), it is dead and I can't find the charger for it or a battery, it has no SIM card in but if I sold it are people still able to access pics I've had on my camera - sometimes you get odd few which stay on your hard ware camera without saving onto sim ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cameras don't have sim cards, they usually use SD cards. I very much doubt the camera has any internal storage bar that used to store the camera settings.

(Original post by rebeccael28)
      I'm wanting to sell my camera (Sony cyber-shot), it is dead and I can't find the charger for it or a battery, it has no SIM card in but if I sold it are people still able to access pics I've had on my camera - sometimes you get odd few which stay on your hard ware camera without saving onto sim ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
      If it's dead then you're a **** for trying to sell it. And if it's a Cryber-Shot it won't be worth much anyway - maybe a tenner. If it's in really good condition.

(Original post by Talon)
      Cameras don't have sim cards, they usually use SD cards. I very much doubt the camera has any internal storage bar that used to store the camera settings.
      The Cyber-Shot was an early camera phone. When Sony/Sony Ericsson (or however you spell it) made phones about fifteen years ago, they did some under that brand and some as Walkmans. None of them were actually all that good.

But pictures were never saved on SIM. They were saved on the phone's internal NAND or else on an M2 card (which is to Memory Stock what microSD is to SD).

OP - just smash it and put it in the bin. You won't get any money worth having for it.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Tootles)
      The Cyber-Shot was an early camera phone. When Sony/Sony Ericsson (or however you spell it) made phones about fifteen years ago, they did some under that brand and some as Walkmans. None of them were actually all that good.

But pictures were never saved on SIM. They were saved on the phone's internal NAND or else on an M2 card (which is to Memory Stock what microSD is to SD).
      Cyber-shot is also the name of a range of cameras made by Sony. The OP hasn't specified what exactly they have. It could be worth money, or it could be garbage.

(Original post by Talon)
        Cyber-shot is also the name of a range of cameras made by Sony. The OP hasn't specified what exactly they have. It could be worth money, or it could be garbage.
        Oh fair enough. I had one of the phones a while back, and it was crap.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Talon)
        Hi thanks for being the only useful reply! I'm aware it's dead and people still buy off eBay for this...to answer my question, could there be pics on the camera without an SD card ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by rebeccael28)
        Hi thanks for being the only useful reply! I'm aware it's dead and people still buy off eBay for this...to answer my question, could there be pics on the camera without an SD card ?
        What model is it?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Talon)
        What model is it?
        SONY :
        Cyber-shot
        Carl Zeiss
        Vario - Tessar

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        Can you take a photo of the camera?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Talon)
        Can you take a photo of the camera?
        Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1484073433.298065.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  54.6 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        That is a DSC-W350. It does have 45mb of internal memory. Without powering it on there is no way to delete any images that are stored on it, but not many will be. If you are that concerned, just destroy it. You won't get an awful lot of money for it, especially if you aren't supplying a battery or charger.

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 10, 2017
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
      Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.