The Student Room Group

Song cyber-shot camera help!!

I'm wanting to sell my camera (Sony cyber-shot), it is dead and I can't find the charger for it or a battery, it has no SIM card in but if I sold it are people still able to access pics I've had on my camera - sometimes you get odd few which stay on your hard ware camera without saving onto sim ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Cameras don't have sim cards, they usually use SD cards. I very much doubt the camera has any internal storage bar that used to store the camera settings.
Reply 2
Original post by rebeccael28
I'm wanting to sell my camera (Sony cyber-shot), it is dead and I can't find the charger for it or a battery, it has no SIM card in but if I sold it are people still able to access pics I've had on my camera - sometimes you get odd few which stay on your hard ware camera without saving onto sim ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
If it's dead then you're a dick for trying to sell it. And if it's a Cryber-Shot it won't be worth much anyway - maybe a tenner. If it's in really good condition.

Original post by Talon
Cameras don't have sim cards, they usually use SD cards. I very much doubt the camera has any internal storage bar that used to store the camera settings.
The Cyber-Shot was an early camera phone. When Sony/Sony Ericsson (or however you spell it) made phones about fifteen years ago, they did some under that brand and some as Walkmans. None of them were actually all that good.

But pictures were never saved on SIM. They were saved on the phone's internal NAND or else on an M2 card (which is to Memory Stock what microSD is to SD).

OP - just smash it and put it in the bin. You won't get any money worth having for it.
Reply 3
Original post by Tootles

The Cyber-Shot was an early camera phone. When Sony/Sony Ericsson (or however you spell it) made phones about fifteen years ago, they did some under that brand and some as Walkmans. None of them were actually all that good.

But pictures were never saved on SIM. They were saved on the phone's internal NAND or else on an M2 card (which is to Memory Stock what microSD is to SD).

Cyber-shot is also the name of a range of cameras made by Sony. The OP hasn't specified what exactly they have. It could be worth money, or it could be garbage.
Reply 4
Original post by Talon
Cyber-shot is also the name of a range of cameras made by Sony. The OP hasn't specified what exactly they have. It could be worth money, or it could be garbage.
Oh fair enough. I had one of the phones a while back, and it was crap.
Original post by Talon

Hi thanks for being the only useful reply! I'm aware it's dead and people still buy off eBay for this...to answer my question, could there be pics on the camera without an SD card ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by rebeccael28
Hi thanks for being the only useful reply! I'm aware it's dead and people still buy off eBay for this...to answer my question, could there be pics on the camera without an SD card ?

What model is it?
Original post by Talon
What model is it?

SONY :
Cyber-shot
Carl Zeiss
Vario - Tessar

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Can you take a photo of the camera?
Original post by Talon
Can you take a photo of the camera?

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1484073433.298065.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
That is a DSC-W350. It does have 45mb of internal memory. Without powering it on there is no way to delete any images that are stored on it, but not many will be. If you are that concerned, just destroy it. You won't get an awful lot of money for it, especially if you aren't supplying a battery or charger.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending